2024 Playoffs GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

IMG_7943.jpeg

He only had 5 shots on goal for the entire series... read that his previous low for a series was 17... yikes. Not exactly what you want from your captain in the playoffs. What a great example for the younger guys on the team.

"You guys do all the work, I'll stand in my spot and maybe shoot if the puck finds its way to me. Trust me, I'm like the best goal scorer ever..."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

He only had 5 shots on goal for the entire series... read that his previous low for a series was 17... yikes. Not exactly what you want from your captain in the playoffs. What a great example for the younger guys on the team.

"You guys do all the work, I'll stand in my spot and maybe shoot if the puck finds its way to me. Trust me, I'm like the best goal scorer ever..."

It speaks to no effort. Unless he’s injured, there’s just no excuse for that lousy a performance.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Agreed. Been a lot of pretty meh games. Seems like there's barely been any OT games, which is also disappointing. That's one of my favorite parts of playoff hockey.

I can count the number of OT games so far on one hand. Disappointing. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It speaks to no effort. Unless he’s injured, there’s just no excuse for that lousy a performance.

For whatever this is worth:

Why Alex Ovechkin’s playing time was so limited in Capitals’ playoff exit (msn.com)

9 minutes ago, ringtwins said:

Could it be the change to playoff seeding?

I do wish they’d go back to the old format of 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5; but apparently Bettman said a while back this format isn’t going anywhere. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I do wish they’d go back to the old format of 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5; but apparently Bettman said a while back this format isn’t going anywhere. 

And Bettman knows what everyone wants.  Even when fans say otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

44 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

Tampa will do everything they can to resign Stamkos, if they don't that fanbase will riot. 

It's gonna be a sad day if he ends up elsewhere. I'd like to see him stay, but there's an argument to be made that the team could do something with the money he will command. 40 goals again this year, hard to say he isn't worth it.  

If any Devils fans who root for the Rangers over the Canes should hand in their Devils fan card. 🤣

I expect the Canes to roll the Rangers, but who knows. 

But whoever comes out of this division will have major problems agains Boston or Florida. 

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If any Devils fans who root for the Rangers over the Canes should hand in their Devils fan card. 🤣

But whoever comes out of this division will have major problems agains Boston or Florida. 

Caps played pathetically from Ovechkin to Wilson, absolute wimp of a 'playoff' team. Hopefully the Rangers are overconfident 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I wouldn't piss on either of these teams if they were on fire. I wish they could both lose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

In our house, we root for ANY team that's playing against the Rangers. My wife and I are both originally from NC, and although we were gone from there almost a decade before the 'Canes franchise arrived, it was our families' excitement about their 2006 Cup run that finally got my wife interested in hockey. So while there's too much bad blood between the Devils and the 'Canes for me to say we root for them in general, it would be pretty sweet for us to see them take the Rangers off the board. 

Edited by Brick Pig

This team makes me a miserable SOB this time of year so I tend to always want the maximum chaos outcome. Watching the Leafs implode would be prime entertainment... But somehow this sh!t always ends up benefiting the Rags so it terrifies me at the same time.