What are you going 2 do now that theres no season?

sheeps

Thought it might be fun to do a short survey...

What are you going to do if there's no season?

What will the money usually spent on hockey be spent on?

Will you be able to watch any hockey?

---

This is inspired by somebody from the NFLPA saying that it's not a players-vs-owners thing so much as a players-vs-all other entertainment thing. You (and they) have to realize that there are plenty of other things to do then shell out around $150 to take your family to a hockey game. Hell, you can buy a decent TV with that money. One hockey game or TV that'll last over a decade? They have no clue how disenfranchised they are with reality.

Cry? At this point, I can't imagine there being a season I'm so expecting not to have one. Strange thought.

I will get to watch college hockey I expect on CSTV, so I'll be doing that as often as possible -- rooting for Wisconsin, North Dakota, Michigan and Minnesota. Now that's kind of bizarre I don't think you'd find those schools rooting for each other and in fact my friend got berated for "daring to wear" my Parise jersey into the XCel Energy Center. Funny afterthought, at the next game I was wearing Parise and the North Dakota fans in attendance loved it.

I won't be spending my money on anything instead. So I should be nice and ready if and when the thing ever returns. Well after I recover from doling out huge chunks of money to go to the World Cup. The amounts of food I didn't finish on this trip could feed me for a week now.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

Hmmm... primarily busy with school. Is my last semester in DC and am focusing on an essay I'll likely use as a grad school writing sample, comparing Alfred Hitchcock and Francois Truffaut. Surprisingly, nobody's ever written an article or book comparing them, even though they were: mutually inspired by each other, best friends, and academic critics of each others' works. Then in January I'll either be in New Jersey or Albany, not sure yet, where I'll try to find a job while researching and writing my final paper for college, an 80-page exploration of the effect of Telefilm's "From Script to Screen" program on the Canadian feature film industry. So needless to say, if there were ever a year not to have a season, this would be it - if there is a season, I might be too busy to watch it :P

Hmmm... RENT, first of all, heh. I dunno. I probably spend about $200 for tickets every year. What could I do with that? Probably more DVD's! :evil:

If I live in Albany, I'll have the River Rats, Adirondack Frostbite, and RPI's team. In New Jersey, I guess I could travel in any one of many directions for an AHL team or just head out to the local arenas for high school and junior elite hockey.

Edited by mrsheeps

Focus on rehabbing my knee. Funny thing is, I bet hockey will actually start up again before I'm done rehabbing!

At this point I have no clue. Probably just save it up, or use it for bills and such.

Probably not. The only thing I'll probably get to see is Wolfpack games that are televised on MSG; living in northern Jersey, I'm too far away from Trenton and/or Albany for minor league hockey and there isn't really any good college hockey around. I might try to make it to a few local high school games, but we'll see.

Same thing I usually do, hang out here and cause trouble. :evil: So I won't be watching Devils games; there's other things on TV, I'll live.

Not applicable because I don't go down to Devils games (though that'll probably change once the Newark arena opens) and I don't subscribe to Center Ice (yet).

River Rats.

If I live in Albany, I'll have the River Rats, Glens Falls Ice Dogs, and RPI's team.

Ice Dogs? Can't say I've heard of them. Do you mean the Adirondack Frostbite (formerly Ice Hawks) of the UHL?

I wont cry one bit, only people I will feel sorry for are the employees of teams in the PR, Marketing Dept, etc., people that work at the areans that will take the biggest hit. You think Im gonna feel $orry for millionare owners and players? Not a chance. Ill find plenty to do without hockey, and if there is no season, maybe Ill never come back if there are enough better things to do.

Paying bills, saving money for a house, attend more movies, so many things to choose from

Will you be able to watch any hockey? Yes, but I wont.

EDIT: Ill watch my 13 yr old nephews games instead, Ill watch players who love the game instead.

Edited by Legend Of the Clown Banner

I'll see MORE hockey. Hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey and hockey.

The 67's play on Friday and Saturday nights. The Olympiques typically play on Thursday nights and one other night throughout the week. I've been asked to buy season tickets for the 67s, and I'll probably go to half the Gatineau games. The Crosby games when Rimouski is in town are DEFINITES.

So instead of 12 live games a season, I'll could see 60, maybe 70 games....

PS: And the cost will be about the same. :o

Edited by Don

Take a break from recaps, and try to hurry getting my associates so that it's done when they get back !!!

AHL Road Trips ??

Eat More at Sun Tavern on Sundays :D

play more Raw Deal !!

Fortunately this looks like a good fall for Movies too

I'm thinking a monthly trip to Albany... I've been asked to be a season ticket buddy in Trenton but it conflicts too much with my class schedule....

Close NJDevs.com down

You suck. :P

Focus on rehabbing my knee. Funny thing is, I bet hockey will actually start up again before I'm done rehabbing!

Wanna bet? :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've already fallen behind with my knee thanks to a stupid infection, and to make a complete recovery from the procedure I've had takes anywhere from 9-18 months...knowing my luck, it will be closer to the 18 months, especially with my circumstances and poor healing. So sure, I'll bet! :saddevil::P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not going to send in my deposit for my partial plan. Since I'm going to lose my job, I can't afford to send the $$$ to the Devils for games that will never be played. That $$$ will stay in MY bank account, not the team's. If the season actually starts up in January, well, we'll see.

The $$$ usually spent on hockey will probably be spent on the mortgage.

It's doubtful that I will see any hockey, unless MSG televises the Wolfpack, or something like that.

I do plan to write a letter to the Devils explaining why, after so many years, I'm not sending in the deposit. I did during the last lockout. But there is NO WAY that I am sending them $$$ while billionaires argue with millionaires when I'm about to be out of a job.

Edited by SueNJ97

Just hang out on the computer playing games; reading, spend more time with the family.

Probably be put towards a cruise my family is taken next July.

Whatever MSG and Fox put on. Perhaps catch some high school games of my daughter's school, and go some of my younger cousin's high school games.

Watch more College FB, NFL etc.

Follow AHL

Wait for the NHL players to do the '99 All-Stars' team thing again.

hard to say, but it will be spent !

Yeah, I got all these videotapes of 3 Stanley Cup runs to watch.

The best one has to be the lockerroom footage after the first Cup win.

It's like an hour of Sportschannel, where nowadays you get 15 minutes of video and that's it !

Catch up on my TiVo'd shows from last year (I still haven't watched 24).

I plan to check out at least one game from Trenton, AC, Philly, Bridgeport and Albany. Otherwise, I probably won't spend it on anything in particular.

Sure, CN8 shows lots of Titans and Phantoms games. I am sure MSG will show WolfPack games and FSNY the odd Rats and Sound Tigers game. I will really miss Center Ice though. There was always something nice about coming home from work and knowing there were games on every night.

Nothing different. I don't even mind the lockout this time, if it means that the NHL finally fixes itself. I am thinking long term. As Devils fans we've been spoiled by great management that has succeeded in spite of the league's problems, but I'd like to see a healthier and stronger league than the one that's been running itself into the ground the past 10 years. The 94 lockout was bad. I missed hockey a lot and was desperate for the NHL to return. But looking back I wish the hardliners would have won that battle instead of capitulating. Then we'd not be here right now (and Qu

Just do other stuff. I'm going to start up running again. I want to run in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. So, I'll get myself in shape. I'd also like to hit tennis balls again. I also want to continue to clean up my room. There's a lot of work to be done. Plus I have to reorganize my sports card collection. If I can get everything the way I want it, then I can start selling too and have an extra income coming in.

Not sure. But it probably will be spent on some music CDs and clothes. Plus some good Mexican food occasionally :doh1:

Yes. I will go to the Staten Island Skating Pavilion and check out any high school game. It's a short trip ten minutes away and it will be passionate hockey played for the right reasons. And if they still aren't charging admission, that would be even better. Plus the food doesn't cost a lot. Love the pizza slices and french vanilla coffee. That's especially good when you're right against the glass and it's cold. I also would like to go to a couple of Hartford Wolf Pack games and check out some Ranger prospects. They signed a few guys and are going to be good. Plus any games MSG televises.

Close NJDevs.com down and save myself $400 on top of Center Ice fees and tickets. I could be a thousandare by the end of next september!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:(

If there is no season i will spend my time focusing on things i should invest more time into.. job, cleaning, visiting family etc...

money... well since i already dont have money and i normally have to resort to sexual acts for the money i spend on ticekts.. i can jsut cut down on thsoe :P

pervs.. im kidding... but yeah i will just spend hte money else where i am sure.. not that i spend soooo much..luckily i get lots of free tickets :)

i would love to drive to albany for a game.. but sure i wont be able to find anyone to go with me.. but i have an uncle who lvies tehre so taking the trip alone wont kill me..since i have free lodging.

Cry! I'll try to concentrate on school more, which I can tell that I'll need because I'm already loaded with work after just two days. :blink: Of course I'd still need to get some other hockey in or I'd go crazy.

Hockey cards, CDs, books.

Yeah. ESB mentioning CSTV reminded me that I get that too, so I'll get in some games through that. Other than that, I'll go to a few Princeton games since I'm close to it. Maybe a couple Trenton Titans games.

What are you going to do if there is no season?

Being that it's football season I'll watch the Giants get kicked around the football field until January. Hopefully the Yankees can go deep into October but I don't see that one happening either. Most likely I'll be catching up on chores around the house I've been putting off. My hockey fix will come from playing countless hours of NHL 2005.

I made a pact with myself back in July that if the season locked out I'd take the money that was normally used for the 10-15 games I go to a year and put it in a account in the bank. I'll use this to send myself on a nice vacation next summer. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the bank tomorrow.

Not much hockey to be found around here so if possible I'd like to take one or two trips to Albany to see a River Rats game.