Sabres get NHL's attention with blue ice

Rock

The number-one complaint of casual hockey fans is "I can't follow the puck."

If it is bad for HDTV, obviously it has to be scrapped, but otherwise this should be examined. The white ice has never been good for TV, the aperature of the camera is often not open enough on FSNY broadcasts, and too open on MSG broadcasts. So on FSNY it looks like the Devils are playing in the year 1973, and on MSG, you sometimes need sunglasses to watch. What other sport would allow this?

Edited by Triumph

:lol: OK I'll be honest THIS is how hyper sensative I am in actuality ... I would sum this article up as saying "Americans want to ruin the sport of hockey with blue ice and if that's what they want I guess then so be it" Right down to it being the Rochester Americans hosting the blue ice :P of course it's a Sabre fan who likes the blue ice (i.e. American) and a girl at that. <_< Now come on you all KNOW armchair hockey players are reading this that way in Toronto! I'm not just paranoid :evil:;)

it sounds stupid to me... but whatever <_<

So on FSNY it looks like the Devils are playing in the year 1973, and on MSG, you sometimes need sunglasses to watch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl::rofl:

Top 5 Hits from 1973

1 "Killing Me Softly With His Song"....................Roberta Flack

2 "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree".........Dawn

3 "Crocodile Rock".....................................Elton John

4 "My Love"............................................Paul McCartney and Wings

5 "Let's Get it On"....................................Marvin Gaye

blue ice?? 

you want more viewers...

here is the solution, take the women from sammy's avatars, make them referees and have them skate around in bikinis!!!

No blue ice neccesary!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put the players in Speedos. :uni: Or make 'em do a striptease at the end of each game. Worked in Slapshot. :lol:

:lol: wuss! I love those bruises! Battle scars I call them.. of course it's been three years since I last had one -- I'm a mommy now not a roller hockey player :(

Do all the kids think you're great or what? :evil:

Here's a picture from the Amerks' website:

BLUE.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from here it doesn't look so good, not a high quality pic, but the ice looks dark and dirty. The puck would be even harder to follow.

what have they done to the game :(

:lol:   wuss!  I love those bruises!  Battle scars I call them.. of course it's been three years since I last had one -- I'm a mommy now  not a roller hockey player :(

Do all the kids think you're great or what? :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i also have plenty of battle scres, when iwas 12, 15, 17 even 21 i loved it, at 35... it just fvckin HURT!!

Yeah, to be honest, the blue doesn't bother me too much. While I'd still rather see white ice, I just want hockey...and I guess if that means blue ice, then so be it. The orange lines have to go though, they are fricken blinding. Definietly worse than those God-awful Mercedes-Benz logos that donned the CAA ice last season.