Make the call right now!!!

LOTCB

Here is my problem with this so called "Its Rigged for the Ranger$" talk:

They do have the "best" chance to get him, correct???  Now if the Rangers had 1 ball and got him, maybe there is more to this so called "fix"

To me you can make a MUCH stronger case for a fix if Toronto or Montreal get Crosby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I'm much more convinced there's a fix in since the Lottery's actually going to be shown on MSG :lol:

But seriously though, why 'would' the NHL fix the draft for Toronto or Montreal? Canada's going to come back to the NHL. They need to generate interest in the US, and putting Crosby in the biggest market of all would do that, then they can hype up Crosby as the savior of the league AND of the league's 'marquee' US franchise.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, didn't realize I was going to hit such a sour note there with my Thrashers statement, it was a joke people, lighten up. There is no such thing as a one line team in the nhl - any team can beat any other on any given night, even if you were just stocked with "4th liners", they're still nhl caliber 4th liners, and that means they are among the top 700 players in the world - pretty impressive.

Anyway, my comment was just a joke, I know the thrashers have a ton of talent in development, I know they've made some very smart acquisitions on teh free agent market, and i'm sure, with salary caps and a ton of ufa's this year, they'll make some more moves and be in the hunt. And, if nothing else, playing with a player the caliber of kovulchuk or heatly makes every other player push themselves and be that much better than they were before.

Sorry if I offended the thrash fans out there, but I was just joking around since they had gotten the last two superstar draft picks (would have been really funny had they gotten ovechkin too, huh)

ok, here's my real pick.

i through all the team names on paper shreds, added extra's for the rag's, sabres, jackets etc - shuffled them up and pulled one out (pretty scientific, eh?)

VANCOUVER CANUCK(LEHEAD)S

devils pick 15th

rangers pick 4th

Well re: Lehtonen - He's fine -I didn't mean to imply he sucked but it does read that way I appreciate you're enlightening me :evil: - whatever - I've just been considering all these hot young goalis as fine whatever -- I think dust has to settle before we know if these guys are great or not. and certainly my fondness for Ari colors my perception of Kari-- I mean obviously as Devils Rats fan I'll feel that way. I dont buy into anyone being a hot goalie prospect -- OR ELSE everyone freaking is. and you know I know I'm being an ass about it but I just have to be :noclue: it's how I feel about things in net these days. I guess i can be an ass like Mario and say stupid stuff like everyone looks liike freaking Roy between the pipes these days - I'm not easilyt impressed - though I haven't seen enough Lehtonen for sure I'll give you that.

And I'm the only one hwo picked the Canes? I think whthis greekface will buy the ball :P

watch the Wings win :rofl:

:unsure:

or not... :mellow:

EDIT -- this feels like such a stubbs thread for me :rofl:

Edited by Darwindog

I think i'm the only thrashers fan on the board...i didn't pick up the joke, my bad. A lot of people look at the thrashers and see ilya and heater and they automatically think they are the only people who do anything on the team, and it gets irksome when i've heard so many people say crap like what you mentioned...meh chalk up another misunderstanding

i'd like to have crosby though on the thrashers...too bad they only have one f'ing ball. blah. whatever, LA or buffalo!

TSN did a interesting story to see if Crosby would be a good fit in NY. They went to NYC and asked a bunch of random people if they were hockey fans..the ones that said yes were then asked if they knew who Sidney crosby was. Only one of the people knew who he was. :lol: And the person that knew who he was, was from Michigan. HILARIOUS!!!

He'll prolly go to some retarded team like Minnesota or Nashville..

"retarded team like Minnesota"?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

The sole place in America where hockey is treated with the same love as any place in Canada?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think annabelle said that cause they have partial love towards the nucks? There fore creating a distaste for minny?

Anyone but the Flyers or Anaheim. He'll rot in Anaheim and The Flyers will win with him which is unacceptable. The Rangers can have him if we don't he'll never be a winner there unless a change in management occurs.

I think it would be fun if everybody listed what they think the 30-1 order would be

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

30 Montreal

29 Colorado

28 St. Louis

27 Dallas

26 Buffalo

25 Edmonton

24 New York Islanders

23 Philadelphia

22 Vancouver

21 Boston

20 Tampa Bay