GAME THREAD: Devils at Rangers

NJDevs4978

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DevsRule, your wrong. I don't mind a team that loses. I fvcking can't stand a team that shows very little effort.

This team looks, attitude wise, like Larry's team in 2001. They don't work as hard. The difference is, this team doesnt have the talent to turn it on in a quick instant.

This falls on Larry.

Oy. Well that's it. I guess a near week off killed them early. Who knows.

Here's what I do know. Gomez. Awful. Langenbrunner. Awful. AWFUUUUUUUL. When are these two going to step it up. It's disgusting.

Also, Larry. I love the man, but Burns wouldn't allow this kind of play.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gomer and Langs couldn't possibly suck more right now if they tried their hardest to suck. And Burnsy would have them skating laps tomorrow for this kind of performance. If you lose, you lose- but my God- SHOW UP. Deplorable, disgusting performance.

..and had half a Burns in the playoffs.

If that was the case, he should have stepped down earlier.

We've gone on slumps with Lemaire. We've gone on slumps with Burns. These guys don't walk on water. Dr. Kevorkian has more patients than you guys.

The Devils are not getting to the front of the net AT ALL. They are playing on the perimeter. Colin White at least tried to get the team going, but then had to take a double-minor. No one is playing with ferocity - only Madden and White looked like they cared tonight.

The squad of midgets will not be effective unless they crash the net.

Mogilny really didn't show up for this one. Gomez too.

Edited by Triumph

The Devils are not getting to the front of the net AT ALL.  They are playing on the perimeter.  Colin White at least tried to get the team going, but then had to take a double-minor.  No one is playing with ferocity - only Madden and White looked like they cared tonight.

The squad of midgets will not be effective unless they crash the net. 

Mogilny really didn't show up for this one.  Gomez too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Without a doubt- I was yelling at my TV all game "GO TO THE NET"!!! No one crashes the net. YOU HAVE TO CRASH THE DAMN NET!!!!!!

It appears the game the Devils are playing just plain doesn't work with the new rules right now. Playing a zone defense in the defensive zone is causing zero turnovers and giving them zero speed when breaking out of the zone. In the neutral zone the Devils are very quick to turn back towards the defensive zone, negating any speed the team has and allowing the other team to generate speed to forecheck with and force turnovers with. The Devils need to pressure the puck more and keep more guys in constant movement, instead of guys standing around playing their "areas".

..and had half a Burns in the playoffs.

If that was the case, he should have stepped down earlier.

We've gone on slumps with Lemaire. We've gone on slumps with Burns. These guys don't walk on water. Dr. Kevorkian has more patients than you guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lemaire I agree with (post-Cup). Burns, they never had this kind of effort especially back to back. Losing's one thing but it was just clearly a lack of effort, especially given that they already had to scratch and claw for an OT win the last time they played this team. And they quit in Philly as well. FOUR GAMES INTO A SEASON and already there are three suspect efforts against their two biggest rivals. Come on Don, even Ftorek's team didn't have that kind of problem till the end of his tenure anyway.

One example is Gomez, he wants to go out and say he can talk to Larry he couldn't talk to Burns, which is fine we know he didn't get along with Burns, but he's gotta play better to justify his talking. He led the league in assists under Burns.

BTW I was one of the leading proponents of patience the last couple years under Burns when most everyone else was complaining. But that team gave EFFORT. They deserved patience, at least for me. This one doesnt, ESPECIALLY after what they did in '02 :angry:

Edited by Hasan4978