12/7 Game Thread - Devils vs. Flames

NJDevs4978

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just figured out why Devils are on MSG tonight & Rangers are on FSN-NY. Knicks are on at 10:30 & follow Devs, while Ranger game wouldn't be finished in time. Interesting scheduling by MSG Net.

A year ago, probably would've been us on Metro.

Rangers on FSN and Taped boxing on MSG 8-10:30 before knix game.

Just figured out why Devils are on MSG tonight & Rangers are on FSN-NY.  Knicks are on at 10:30 & follow Devs, while Ranger game wouldn't be finished in time. Interesting scheduling by MSG Net.

A year ago, probably would've been us on Metro.

Rangers on FSN and Taped boxing on MSG 8-10:30 before knix game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ever happened to Metro?...I remember the last season we played there were always at least 10 - 15 games on Metro and living here in the Toms River area I never got that channel.

What ever happened to Metro?...I remember the last season we played there were always at least 10 - 15 games on Metro and living here in the Toms River area I never got that channel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here.. I'm also in the Toms River area.. thankfully they got rid of it.

Oh, btw, LET'S GO DEVILS! Just try to show up tonight..

We get another backup goalie according to TSN.

No Kiprusoff. Sauve in net.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sh!t :P

gotta rewrite the stats

but just shows how we REALLY have sunk in the eyes of the NHL

I really wanted to see Kipper too...

Figure out what's wrong with this sentence:

The Devils are 13-11-2=28pts overall, and at .500 for the eighth time this year. With a win tonight, the team would be one game above .500 for the seventh time this year.

Lifetime Series

Tonight's game between the Devils and Flames marks the only meeting between the two teams this season, and the team's third straight contest against a Western Conference opponent in 2005-06.

New Jersey won the 2003-04 season's series 1-0-0, following a 3-1 win February 22, outshooting Calgary 26-19. Patrik Elias had two goals to lead the Devils, while Chuck Kobasew scored the Flames lone goal.

Calgary leads the all-time series 26-14-7, including a 15-9-1 mark in the previous 25 games played in New Jersey.

Tonight, the Flames become the third NHL team to close out its 2005-06 series with the Devils.

TSN just said Stevens is getting his number retired early in the new year?!

Yeah, I heard that too.... I think they must be mistaken. Why would some out of town broadcasters know something that nobody on this board knows?!?!

And then Gord threw in "Maybe then they'll take him off the day-to-day IR".

Knowing the Devils, the fans will just show up one day and see #4 in the rafters.... no pomp, no ceremony, just there....

Edited by Don

BTW - Nice swing and a miss by Brodeur.

Iginla sucks so bad this year he can't score against anyone. Except us of course. We pepper a back-up goalie and get one goal. Calgary throw two on Brodeur and tie the game. :rolleyes:

I note that Pierre's "Golden Boy" Zach Parise is getting the silent treatment. McGuire hasn't said a word about him all game.

Edited by Don

Well, the good news for the Devils:

They played a much better first than last night and probably should have had four goals.

The bad: Matvichuk letting Iginla walk out and Brodeur allowing that goal to tie it.

Btw...Calgary looked abysmal that period.