For Great Dev Stats...

Whaler

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam... LOVELY SPAAAAAAM, WONDERFUL SPAAAAM!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm really sorry that you saw my post as being spam, when the post was made in an honest attempt to provide information about something which would be of interest to any Devil's fan.

Anyone who checked it out before assuming it was spam would see that the site contains no ads or in any way would provide any income for the site. It is provided as a service long requested by long-time Devils poster TOESAVE. You might want to at least take a peek.

The most important thing I learned looking through those stats is that we need to schedule all our games on Friday! Friday is the only day of the week on which the Devils have a winning record. Surely someone here can come up with a good (amusing) explanation of the phenomena? :noclue:

Edited by mddevsfan

I've always had a rule about post-whoring to promote a site on a board...

at least introduce yourself before you come out with the.. check out my uber-r0xx0r!!!1111 one 111 LOL-web page.... that's the main difference

I've never joined a forum and said... hey come look at my recaps, without at LEAST a proper hello... it's good manners B )

after all when you walk into someone's house, you say hi first before you stick your head in the fridge to eat right ???

I've always had a rule about post-whoring to promote a site on a board...

at least introduce yourself before you come out with the.. check out my uber-r0xx0r!!!1111 one 111 LOL-web page.... that's the main difference

I've never joined a forum and said... hey come look at my recaps, without at LEAST a proper hello... it's good manners B )

after all when you walk into someone's house, you say hi first before you stick your head in the fridge to eat right ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some good points made in that post.

In reply, please indulge me for a bit while I give a little history behind my post.

For 8 years, I've maintained a similar stats site for the Carolina Hurricanes, even though I'm not a Canes fan. As my name would imply, I'm still a Whalers fan, even though my team is long gone. I just enjoy doing the stats. In fact, I also ran a site for the Blue Jackets for a couple of years, until I decided to end it because of a lack of interest on the part of Jackets fans.

One of the Devils fans who used to visit the site kept asking me to consider doing the same for the Devils. The poster, TOESAVE asked again and again over several years. Since I gave up the Jackets site, I thought I'd have some extra time to give in to TOESAVE's requests. he he

Obviously, though, he did a lousy job of letting his fellow Devils fans know about it, so I thought I'd try to find the most popular posting site for Devils fans, and pass the word along myself.

Since I have nothing to gain from building the visitor numbers, except some satisfaction that some folks find the information useful, I do not see myself as a "post whore", but can understand why some would. For that, I apologize.

As for coming into someone's home looking for free food, I rather thought I was *bringing* some food! [grin]

That's my story. Thanks to anyone who even read this far.

Again, sorry for not being the perfect guest. That was far from being my intention. Things seem to have been misconstrued, and I'll not stick around unless it's OK to call ocassional attention to any new changes to the site.

Or, for that matter, if given the word that I'm still being a bother, I promise to stay away completely.

Hope this clears things up a bit. Although I'm not a Devils fan, we do share something in common: I hate the Rangers! *smile*

End of ramble.

Don't mind CRASHER and his "rules".  He's a post whore extraordinaire!

I've seen your site before, good stuff. B )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am NOT

I just understand the etiquette of it ... small difference :P

Maybe I should use his site for recap pre-game stuff.... :lol:

(see look in awe at how he swings it back on topic B ) )

yournextnormal5bb.gif

I just love seeing Scotty threatening people :wub:

So if I ever DID get a chance ot boink him I wonder how he'd feel about keeping his mouthguard handy :unsure: ... for some reason I guess the way it pokes his lips out it makes him so adorable :giggle:

Edited by Darwindog

Again, let's talk about the stats and not about spam, post-whoring, etc. Otherwise I'm locking the thread. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RD prematurely lock a thread.. I dont see it happening...

I kid. I KID!! :P

Oh yeah -- and thanks for the Stats page -- everyone loves stats -- HONEST!

Edited by Darwindog

this man is legit & from the aol boards. the dev board is practically dead there these days. the man did this as a favor to another devs (toesave), and it is much appreciated. Sorry I forgot your name. I'm vinckim from aol.

I'm really sorry that you saw my post as being spam, when the post was made in an honest attempt to provide information about something which would be of interest to any Devil's fan.

Anyone who checked it out before assuming it was spam would see that the site contains no ads or in any way would provide any income for the site. It is provided as a service long requested by long-time Devils poster TOESAVE. You might want to at least take a peek.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can vouch for Whaler. This is one of the best posters out there and he's kept stat data bases of teams for years. His site is top notch!