Suglobov Called Up

Voros19

Finally Lou is starting to listen to me... :P

I hope Vinnie is right and that Suglobov is recalled not becasue Elias might not play on sunday but becasue Rass will be the healthy scratch with Langdon and he will create second scoring line...

I also hope thi will mean more on ice time for Kozlov... He would be natural linemate for Suggy.

Lines... I know he willnot try those but in my opinin thos would give us second scoring

EGG

Kozlov - Parise - Langs

Brylin - MAdden - Pando

Marshall - Jansen - Suglobov

I think its dangerous to put two rookies on same line and athat why I keep Suggy and Parise appart.

If Parise gets cold then put Suggy on second line and Parise on fourth...

Brylin can play checking with Maden and Pando and thier defensive play will not suffer. Langs has toget out of that line if we hope the he will continue to score...

Rass, Langdon and Brown scratches...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EGG

Kozlov - Parise - Langs

Brylin - MAdden - Pando

Marshall - Jansen - Suglobov

I think its dangerous to put two rookies on same line and athat why I keep Suggy and Parise appart.

If Parise gets cold then put Suggy on second line and Parise on fourth...

:P

Guess we can change the title. Not sure why he is not up now that Marshall is hurt.

From the River Rats web site:

January 23, 2006 - The Albany River Rats announced today that right wing Aleksander Suglobov has been reassigned by the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League. The team also announced that Suglobov has been selected to replace defenseman David Hale on the PlanetUSA AHL All-Star team at the upcoming 2006 Rbk Hockey AHL All-Star Classic. Suglobov was also selected to play in the 2004 AHL All-Star Classic but was unable to participate due to injury.

If I was Suglobov I'd be pretty pissed off. He must be happy he got to pull an NHL paycheck for like 5 games but still guys like Tallackson and Pihlman got lots of games and now Ryznar looks like he will get playing time and Hale is getting tons of playing time but the now AHL all-star scorer got scratched for 5 games and then sent back down without a minute of playing time. I would be upset.

If I was Suglobov I'd be pretty pissed off. He must be happy he got to pull an NHL paycheck for like 5 games but still guys like Tallackson and Pihlman got lots of games and now Ryznar looks like he will get playing time and Hale is getting tons of playing time but the now AHL all-star scorer got scratched for 5 games and then sent back down without a minute of playing time. I would be upset.

Wait till after the All star game for the AHL...

Can it be Sluggo simply did not earn any playing time by how he performed in the practices? :noclue:

Maybe. But like OT98's been saying, Suglobov was named as Hale's replacement in the AHL All-Star Game, so he was probably sent down so he can represent the Rats in Winnipeg. After that I'm sure Lou will evaluate whether he's more useful in Albany or New Jersey.

I think Suglobov is trade bait, play in a bit in the NHL, send him to the AHL allstar game to show off his skills and package him with Kozlov for a center or defensmen.

Yep

Lets get rid of anyone on the team that can do something with the puck offensivelly. Lets load the team with Maddens Pandos and Rasmusenns and be the first NHL team with 3 full checking lines.

Yep

Lets get rid of anyone on the team that can do something with the puck offensivelly. Lets load the team with Maddens Pandos and Rasmusenns and be the first NHL team with 3 full checking lines.

The Devils cannot afford to keep a player like Suglobov if all he does is score and he does nothing else well. The Sabres have been missing the playoffs for years waiting for Maxim Afinogenov to come around, and he still hasn't. The Penguins let Alexei Morozov play for 5 years before finally determining the guy was no good. The Devils, since they are a playoff team, have a very short window for pure scorers to succeed. Dagenais was awful, which is why he never got a chance in New Jersey. He had one good half-season with Ryder and Ribeiro and is back to his old self in the new NHL.

Suglobov will probably be traded for whoever we acquire at the deadline. Looking at the potential free agents at forward, there's really not much available. I don't see Kozlov being moved - he has no value at the trade deadline and will be more valuable to us.

Apparently Tri thinks every player should be Steve Larmer. Not everybody is going to be a well rounded scoring/defensive forward. A team without pure goal scorers is a team that doesn't win in the long run. Remember, the 1995-1996 Devils also had something like a 13 game unbeaten streak during the season and ended up out of the playoffs. Everything is going good nowm but this team still might revert back to its early season self. Offensive depth is thin and we'd be in some trouble if even one of elias/gionta/gomez went down.

Apparently Tri thinks every player should be Steve Larmer. Not everybody is going to be a well rounded scoring/defensive forward. A team without pure goal scorers is a team that doesn't win in the long run. Remember, the 1995-1996 Devils also had something like a 13 game unbeaten streak during the season and ended up out of the playoffs. Everything is going good nowm but this team still might revert back to its early season self. Offensive depth is thin and we'd be in some trouble if even one of elias/gionta/gomez went down.

Successful teams have one or less than one pure scorer. And they've got to be good. Let's list some guys from Cup winners:

'95 Devils: Stephane Richer (average defensively, could penalty kill)

'96 Avs: Valeri Kamensky (great scorer, great in the playoffs)

Arguably the 97 and 98 Red Wings had no one

'99 Stars: Brett Hull

The 00 Devils arguably had two - Petr Sykora and Alex Mogilny, but Mogilny was in a 4th line role

'01 Avs: Milan Hedjuk

'02 Wings: Brett Hull

No one on the 03 Devils

'04 Lightning: Martin St. Louis

Do you see the connection? The teams only have 1, and they've got to be outstanding. All of those guys are Hall of Famers or have near to Hall of Fame talent.

Suglobov doesn't fit this description and I'm not sure he ever will. And the dropoff is significant - Geoff Sanderson, Donald Audette, and Mariusz Czerkawski have never been a significant part of a playoff run.

you can't compare those eras anymore tri, the "hockey" of 02-03 is not the hockey of now. So when you compare 05-06 to another year, it has to be pre 96-97. I don't think you're going to see anybody clutch an grab to a championship anymore.

the Red Wings of the 90's had Larionov and Yzerman, the Avs had Hejduk and Tanguay. in 1996 they also had Ozolinsh. Even the 94-95 Devils had MacLean and Guerin, these were never great defensive players. The 04-05 Lightning had Modin and Lecavalier. You don't know what you have with Suglobov until we see more of him at the NHL level. Maybe he'll succeed.

The rules have changed, the game is the same. Defense still wins the championship this year. You can't have as many plodders on defense but defense is just as important and perhaps more important.

I'm not saying every player has to be Scott Stevens on defense but your guys who don't play defense well have to be excellent offensive players, otherwise you're sunk. The Devils have beaten better offensive teams several times in the playoffs because their checking line was a + against their top line - when that's the case, that club isn't going to win many games.

Alex Suglobov doesn't look to have much potential to be a 30 goal scorer and the Devils aren't going to wait around for it to happen unless he can hang out on a 4th line for a while. Brian Gionta was on the 4th line - he moved to the 3rd line, then to the 2nd line, then to the first. Patrik Elias had a similar ascent. Suglobov probably won't. Your 30 goal scorers have to be able to do something else.

I'll take any and all bets that Suglobov is elsewhere by March 10th.

The rules have changed, the game is the same. Defense still wins the championship this year.

Does anyone have a good fell for what playoff hockey 2006 will look like? I don;t. If they are calling the games like earlier in the year it will be a shell of its former self.