OGT: Devils @ Atlanta

Satans Hockey

Wow. That's just awful. I knew it was bad. There's no excuse for not blowing the whistle there. The officials should be fined and maybe suspended for it.

I dont know man. I posted a couple nights ago about how I felt that this league was turning to sh*t. After tonight I am not so sure I wanna even watch this crap anymore. It has nothing to do with the Devils poor play. This team could be dead last in the league and it wouldnt change how I feel about them. I am disapointed in them no doubt, but whats making me sick is the fact that the refs tonight had zero regard for this franchise or its players. If I wanted to say what I really felt I probably would get kicked off the board. Lets put it this way. I wouldnt urinate on tonights refs even if they were on fire. This "new" nhl isnt for me.

Edited by SickMan

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know man. I posted a couple nights ago about how I felt that this league was turning to sh*t. After tonight I am not so sure I wanna even watch this crap anymore. It has nothing to do with the Devils poor play. This team could be dead last in the league and it wouldnt change how I feel about them. I am disapointed in them no doubt, but whats making me sick is the fact that the refs tonight had zero regard for this franchise or its players. If I wanted to say what I really felt I probably would get kicked off the board. Lets put it this way. I wouldnt urinate on tonights refs even if they were on fire. This "new" nhl isnt for me.

Uh, refs suck now. Refs sucked in the past. I'm not so sure what the "new" NHL has to do with anything....

Devils fans UNITE !

I am calm right now, and I will let my fellow Devils fans know a little history about my LOVE for the Devils, and what happened a few years ago.

In a home game against the Thrashers (same team, ironic eh?)

The Devils tied the score at 2 in the third, only for a blown call (in the old NHL)

We lost the game 2-3, and I erupted into a maniacle fit of RAGE.

I smashed a lamp, I threw the coffee table, I threw things all over the place, I was yelling at the top of my voice, I punched 3 holes in the wall, and on the fourth punch I broke by little finger.

I was LIVID.

My wife left the house to go to my sis-in-law (that night) she was scared to death of me (even though I would never hurt her, she didn't know that at the time)

Next day I was at the orthopedist, He fixed my hand, and me and "Mrs NZT" were all fine.

NEVER, have I seen a game/conspiracy against the Devils as this one, the conspiracy started with making sure Ray "the dork" Bourque got his cup in 2001, later it was Bobby Clarke really pushing for goalies not stick handling the puck in his own zone, that and making playing defense illegal (stopping forwards for goalie interference/being in the crease/running the goalie)

most teams do it,if it's against Brodeur, no call, if the Devils do it, penalty.

I am convinced there is a conspiracy against the New Jersey Devils, If we were the "New York Rangers" or the "Detroit Red Wings" all would be called skill and good play.

The sooner Campbell and to a lesser degree Bettman are (Sopranos style) "removed" from the game, the better the HONESTY in the league will be.

No longer will The Toronto Maple Leafs "just squeak" into the playoffs with preferrential calls, no longer will Detroit win the presidents trophy by getting on the power-play 15 times a game versus ANYONE.

The NHL want the Devils out of the playoffs so they can get good tv "ratings", and good "ratings" is Detroit vs Rangers, even though those two teams who couldn't draft for jack with their big money signings are the SOLE reason for the lockout.

If I ever see one of those new "refs" who have not reached puberty yet, crossing the street, you'll think what Bertuzzi did to Moore was a "check".

I couldn't agree with you more. The refs sucked ass in this game. My hands started shacking from banging on the desk here so hard from the sheer amount of frustration. And thats not even the half of it.

I mean seriously, Brodeur HAD that puck under him and the play was DEAD. Why the refs didn't blow the fvcking whistle is beyond me. I saw the replay and whoever that fvcking Thrasher was that kept pounding on Brodeur pushed the puck in when the ref should've blown the god-damn whistle when Brodeur had it under him.

I've been a Devils fan for about 2-3 years now, and I've never seen anything as disgraceful as this cocerning the refs and the Devils. I really know now that it will be difficult getting into the playoffs now. I seriously hope they play AMAZING tomorrow night for Dano. They better WIN.

Uh, refs suck now. Refs sucked in the past. I'm not so sure what the "new" NHL has to do with anything....

Dont get me wrong. Im not saying that the refs suck because of the "new" nhl. That has been a fact for the longest time. I just like to call it that now cause it was supposed to be this great game that was missing in action for the last ten years. Its all bull to me. I think the game has gone straight down the toilet. Maybe the league should concentrate on hiring better officials and be less concerned with scoring so they can attract some casual fans. This game had 11 goals and was probably one of the worst played games I have ever seen.

I'm horrified by what i have read in this thread! Was the officiating THAT bad?! :blink: I'm glad i didn't see this game now, i would have freaked out and screaming at my poor tv

I'm horrified by what i have read in this thread! Was the officiating THAT bad?! :blink: I'm glad i didn't see this game now, i would have freaked out and screaming at my poor tv

Yeah the officaiting was THAT bad. The sad part is that it wasnt their bullsh*t calls, but more the fact that they couldnt care less about Gomes' saftey. It was pretty much like what happened to Pandolfo in Detroit, when Ftorek threw the bench just minus all the blood. Absolute Disgrace.

Edited by SickMan

is it thank god it's just a cornea abrasion or...damn, it's a cornea abrasion.

A corneal abrasion isn't that big of a deal, although it hurts like hell. I had one wrestling in college. It's beasically a scratch in the film of your eyeball. There's a drop used to treat it, I forget the name, but you keep your eye covered with a patch and use the drops and it heals in about 3 or 4 days. A corneal ulceration is more serious and that takes weeks to heal.

Nights like tonight make me miss Burnsy, he probably woulda taken an ejection, fine and maybe suspension, but those refs woulda been sh!tting themselves. AND its the sort of fire that is missing from this team.

Edited by Sarge18

"The wheels fell apart," said Brodeur. "They beat us on the rebound. We had a 4-1 lead, so we have no one else to blame."

Hint, hint.... nudge, nudge...

"We let them back into the game by losing our poise and putting them on the power play," said New Jersey coach Lou Lamoriello.

Was he referring to Weimer or Elias?

Edited by Don

I couldn't agree with you more. The refs sucked ass in this game. My hands started shacking from banging on the desk here so hard from the sheer amount of frustration. And thats not even the half of it.

I mean seriously, Brodeur HAD that puck under him and the play was DEAD. (Ironically Lethonen had the puck for about the same time and it was blown dead then ? ) Why the refs didn't blow the fvcking whistle is beyond me. I saw the replay and whoever that fvcking Thrasher was that kept pounding on Brodeur pushed the puck in when the ref should've blown the god-damn whistle when Brodeur had it under him.

I've been a Devils fan for about 2-3 years now, and I've never seen anything as disgraceful as this cocerning the refs and the Devils. I really know now that it will be difficult getting into the playoffs now. I seriously hope they play AMAZING tomorrow night for Dano. They better WIN.

We'll see, but first Campbell needs a high speed cranial lead injection, if you know what I mean :evil:

Don honestly do you expect to see anything other then this to public outlets, especially given how the league has always handled the public criticism of the officials. It was obvious they were FUMING over it, yea they blew it, there hasnt been dicipline at all the past few weeks and the pk has sucked, but to think that they arent placing any blame on the officiating is just ignoring what took place on the ice.

Edited by Sarge18

"The wheels fell apart," said Brodeur. "They beat us on the rebound. We had a 4-1 lead, so we have no one else to blame."

Hint, hint.... nudge, nudge...

"We let them back into the game by losing our poise and putting them on the power play," said New Jersey coach Lou Lamoriello.

Thats a good question about if Lou was talking about Patty or Jason. Honestly I cant really get mad at Elias for that crap call he got hit with. Atlantas fourth goal should have not counted. I have seen much quicker whistles on plays where the puck wasnt any where near the goalie. If the player is going to keep jabbing his stick at Brodeur, of course the puck is going to come lose. I love how they gave him 2 minutes for speaking the truth and telling them that they suck at their jobs. At least he was honest. Weimers fight was just plain stupid and needless, so probably thats what Lou was talking about.

Yeah the officaiting was THAT bad. The sad part is that it wasnt their bullsh*t calls, but more the fact that they couldnt care less about Gomes' saftey. It was pretty much like what happened to Pandolfo in Detroit, when Ftorek threw the bench just minus all the blood. Absolute Disgrace.

Well come tomorrow morning the league better be reviewing this, can officials be penalized for not stopping the play while a player is hurt? May be a dumb question, but i feel they should be

Maybe Klee panicking from the forecheck thus pitchforking the puck into the stands after the Holik goal.

There is no f'ng way the ref could see that puck under Brodeur on the tieing goal.

The only other thing I'm going to say is:

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Edited by Rock

After watching some of the highlights of this game, all I have to say is, "What the hell happened? That was like being on an LSD trip."

The outcome and what happened in OT was.....was.....beyond insane. :blink:

It descended into suckitude by the zebras and then plummeted into the toilet.

Dear God!!!!! :burn:

? That was like being on an LSD trip."

:

hey that's not always such a bad thing..... :P