OGT: Devils @ Atlanta

Satans Hockey

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that I am a little more calm, somewhat sane here is what I got out of the game:

Parise-Gomez-Gionta

This line was pretty good and Parise is definitely playing better know that he has more room to work with and players who play similar to him.

Elias-Brylin-Langenbrunner

At first I wanted Kozlov instead of Brylin but Brylin was pretty good tonight. That one goal Langenbrunner got after all the passes was great. Hopefully they develop some chemistry.

Pandolfo-Madden-Marshall

I like this line but I thought they could have been better tonight.

Janssen-Rasmussen-Wiemer

I love this line, great energy and heart. At the time I liked how Wiemer stood up for Rafalski but it backfired on us. Though if we win the game, no one would be complaining about Wiemer. I still like Wiemer and think he is a good fit for the line up.

Its a matter of time before this team gets hot again. Hopefully they get killed in the lockerroom and come out pumped on Dano night tomorrow. It has to get better eventually...

This is how I think it.

We are only two points behind Tampa Bay with a game in hand. 1 point in front of Atlanta with a game in hand. I think the team comes out flying for Dano night, and they do well against the Bruins.

Then we look at the playoff picture, cuz that game could potentially move us into a tie with Tampa, 3 points in front of Atlanta, and 4 points ahead of Montreal.

It's adversity time. Time for someone to do their best Scott Stevens impersonation and get this team psyched for the challenge. The only way they are gonna do that is if they pull together. If they're gonna point a finger at anyone it had damn well better be themselves. Hopefully Dano night can turn this stretch around.

I believe these guys to be winners enough to at least make the playoffs.

This is how I think it.

We are only two points behind Tampa Bay with a game in hand. 1 point in front of Atlanta with a game in hand. I think the team comes out flying for Dano night, and they do well against the Bruins.

Then we look at the playoff picture, cuz that game could potentially move us into a tie with Tampa, 3 points in front of Atlanta, and 4 points ahead of Montreal.

That is a big "IF". Unless they win over Boston and hopefully they will beat the Leafs on Sunday. Other than that, nothing satifies me.......... :puke::puke:

Yeah. Your team got the shaft. No question. The fourth goal I didn't have as much of a problem with because it looked like Brodeur didn't have it completely covered. That happens.

The OT winner. Well, that was another matter altogether. It is true that the defenseman in question was playing the puck and the followthrough came high. But still, they have been known to call that and even if they weren't going to, the game should have been stopped due to Gomez' injury. That was one of the scariest things I've ever seen :(. Especially after the Atlanta celebration with him struggling to find the bench. Yikes. I hope he's okay. You never want to see that.

Anyway, the Devils played great to get the 4-1 lead. I'm not sure what happened after that. There's no way they should have lost. It's hard to believe Atlanta actually cameback and led. They should kiss Brian Gionta and maybe buy Kari Lehtonen a beer for letting that one go in.

That extra point could be very valuable. Even if it was ugly. You got to take it. You almost wound up with nothing.

Easily one of the most difficult losses in the regular season that I can ever remember. We are lucky to get a point but what a horrible collapse by this team. I am not even upset at this team but just at the result. I am shocked.

Now I hate to blame refs but Brodeur had that puck covered. He thought it got behind him but he still had it under him and not blowing the play is dead is pathetic. What a fvcking joke that was.

Devils fans UNITE !

I am calm right now, and I will let my fellow Devils fans know a little history about my LOVE for the Devils, and what happened a few years ago.

In a home game against the Thrashers (same team, ironic eh?)

The Devils tied the score at 2 in the third, only for a blown call (in the old NHL)

We lost the game 2-3, and I erupted into a maniacle fit of RAGE.

I smashed a lamp, I threw the coffee table, I threw things all over the place, I was yelling at the top of my voice, I punched 3 holes in the wall, and on the fourth punch I broke by little finger.

I was LIVID.

My wife left the house to go to my sis-in-law (that night) she was scared to death of me (even though I would never hurt her, she didn't know that at the time)

Next day I was at the orthopedist, He fixed my hand, and me and "Mrs NZT" were all fine.

NEVER, have I seen a game/conspiracy against the Devils as this one, the conspiracy started with making sure Ray "the dork" Bourque got his cup in 2001, later it was Bobby Clarke really pushing for goalies not stick handling the puck in his own zone, that and making playing defense illegal (stopping forwards for goalie interference/being in the crease/running the goalie)

most teams do it,if it's against Brodeur, no call, if the Devils do it, penalty.

I am convinced there is a conspiracy against the New Jersey Devils, If we were the "New York Rangers" or the "Detroit Red Wings" all would be called skill and good play.

The sooner Campbell and to a lesser degree Bettman are (Sopranos style) "removed" from the game, the better the HONESTY in the league will be.

No longer will The Toronto Maple Leafs "just squeak" into the playoffs with preferrential calls, no longer will Detroit win the presidents trophy by getting on the power-play 15 times a game versus ANYONE.

The NHL want the Devils out of the playoffs so they can get good tv "ratings", and good "ratings" is Detroit vs Rangers, even though those two teams who couldn't draft for jack with their big money signings are the SOLE reason for the lockout.

If I ever see one of those new "refs" who have not reached puberty yet, crossing the street, you'll think what Bertuzzi did to Moore was a "check".

Absolutely fantastic. How the officials didnt stop the play for him when he was hurt is beyond me.

Wow. That's just awful. I knew it was bad. There's no excuse for not blowing the whistle there. The officials should be fined and maybe suspended for it.

- i think alot of this started with wiemer's unnecessary penalty. he probably thought the game was wrapped up. this is a different devils team for sure. no team with scott stevens in the lineup would have ever let up on a game until the time ticked down to 0.

- brodeur had a very poor game. on the first goal, he shouldn't have gone down so early, the second goal by holik he should have saved. on the overtime goal, he should have controlled the rebound better than he did. i think the tying goal by kozlov really shook him up, he looked like he was going to lose it at that point.

- refs.....just an awful display. they gave the game to the thrashers. the kozlov goal should not have happened. gomez's eye gouging should've been called. i think lou should use whatever pull he has to get that one ref that allowed the tying kozlov goal and then called a penalty on elias.....he should do all that he can to get that ref fired. that sort of incompetance is unacceptable.

- that gomez injury looked serious. he could be out for a while unfortunately.