OGT: Devils @ Atlanta

Satans Hockey

Well, I think that officially puts a nail in the Devils' coffin. They should fade the rest of the way and finish a solid 9th.

Then Lou can sit down for 72 hours and try to comprehend just how horribly he screwed this team up. Hopefully then, he can get to work and right all the wrongs. Ok, well, not all of them, but is a few asking too much?

This is the time you see who the true fans are though. The Stanley Cup runs are over, the perennial Eastern Conference top seed chase is no longer a reality, and the long, dry spell is getting ready to set in. Now is the time for all bandwagoners to jump off at the next stop.

Should be a great playoffs though, it really is wide open this year.

OK , a bit OTT we are still in a playoff spot, there are still games left, untill the last game is played we are still in with a chance, get a grip.

:noclue:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team isn't finished and I hope most of you calm down. We are still in it. Lou is not an idiot and this team should not throw the rest of the year away.

That was a tough one but we'll get over it and hopefully come back tomorrow with the game of the year. if we get our ass kicked tomorrow...then maybe we should give it to these players.

Let's focus on the positive. I've calmed down a little, enough to focus on what did happen that was good tonight:

-3 Power Play Goals if I'm not wrong

-The Zach finally gets one

-We were able to put out three legit lines.

-FINALLY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE ARE IN NO DIFFERENT A SPOT IN THE STANDINGS THEN WE WERE BEFORE THIS GAME. WE GOT A POINT, AND NOW WERE TIED WITH THE LIGHTNING, WHO ARE LOSING RIGHT NOW. WE CANNOT FALL, NOR CAN WE RISE TONIGHT.

-Oh, one more thing, maybe this is what shoots some fire into this team's ass. That'd be nice.

Still, an unforgiveable loss.

I'm a little calm at this point as well. Anyways, I think we are also forgetting that Brad Lukowich scored his first goal as a Devil tonight. I don't know if anyone cares about that.

The Devils did play better overall, but as someone said earlier, if you can't hold that 4-1 lead into the third, you have no business winning the game.

Edited by DevilMan

This is the time you see who the true fans are though. The Stanley Cup runs are over, the perennial Eastern Conference top seed chase is no longer a reality, and the long, dry spell is getting ready to set in. Now is the time for all bandwagoners to jump off at the next stop.
I find the lack of faith most disturbing.

Different definitions of a "true fan".

One says that you have to be a fan through thick and thin, cheering the team on even when you know they suck ass. The other says that you should always believe the team kicks ass even when in reality they suck ass.

I fit into the former. The Devils have been basement dwellers before and I cheered them on. They could be basement dwellers again and I'd cheer them on. But never, ever would I give undue credit. "Faith" is for chumps.

-Oh, one more thing, maybe this is what shoots some fire into this team's ass. That'd be nice.

How do you light a fire into something that's ALREADY COMATOSE?!

It's hard to tell what's a bigger fvcking disgrace, the team or the refs. I'm leaning towards the team because they've been dead men walking since the trade deadline. Whether they're pissed that Lou didn't acquire another scorer or pissed Lou did anything AT ALL with a team that was doing well till the deadline I can't tell, but either way something happened to this team since the deadline. This is worse than early in the season, at least early in the season they had the frigging EXCUSE of not having Elias and were at least competitive to an extent :angry:

There's just no effing excuse for blowing a 4-1 lead especially when you're 0-3 against this team and already blew a 3-1 lead up there early in the season. None! :rant: I don't care that the refs were a disgrace, that the fourth goal should have been blown dead and that the last goal should never have happened, this sorry excuse of a team flat out deserved to lose. If this is the garbage they're going to give us on Dano night then they'd better hire extra security for the game because it's gonna get real ugly, real fast.

Now I'm glad Marty's sitting on his toosh tomorrow, he's been a disaster the last few games. That ridiculous Holik goal turned the game around and he gave up a few other softies as well.

Edited by Hasan4978

I still think there is enough ineptitude to go around with all the teams chasing the playoffs. And I think this is what gets the Devs going.

A previous poster called the east wide open, it is for the first 5 slots. The 5 or 6 teams for the final 3 spots are just teams that are trying to trip eachother up, but tripping themselves up in the process.

Well the one thing that is either going to hurt us or help us is that Tampa Bay and Atlanta play against each other 3 more times this year. LETS GO HURRICANES! Heres who the teams play:

Atlanta:

NYI

Tampa 3x

Carolina 2x

Ottawa

Florida 2x

Washington 2x

Boston

Tampa(not including tonights game):

Rangers

Carolina 3x

Atlanta 3x

Florida 3x

Atlanta

Penguins

Washington

Montreal:

Leafs

Penguins

Islanders

Capitals

Boston 3x

Ottawa 2x

Devils 2x

Buffalo 2x

Devils play:

Boston

Toronto

Ottawa

Buffalo

Flyers 3x

Pittsburgh 2x

Montreal 2x

Rangers

Edited by Satans Child

I really admire the people on this board who can actually take some positives out of a piece of sh*t like this. You are much better than I, but in all honesty, stop kiding yourselves. There was NOTHING good about this game. As horrible as the refs were in this game, there is no way you should lose when you are 4 to 1. And like Don said, weimer's fight was such a stupid move on his part. John Madden really needs to learn to lift the fvcking puck when the goalie is on the ice. This is just so sad. I just cant see how anybody would still believe this team has a chance to make the playoffs this year.

Edited by SickMan

Can we get Albelin back in the game please? CUT KLEE. That penalty he took was unacceptable.

Cut Wiemer too, that fight was idiotic. Bring up the kids. Maybe it'll inject some life into the team.

Yea, I was wondering what had happened to Albelin when the game started. I had heard from Doc that only Kozlov had been a healthy scratch for tonight.

I really admire the people on this board who can actually take some positives out of apiece of sh*t like this. You are much better than I, but in all honesty, stop kiding yourselves. There was NOTHING good about this game. As horrible as the refs wee in this game, there is no way you should lose when you are 4 to 1. And like Don said, weimer's fight was such a stupid move on his part. John Madden really needs to learn to lift the fvcking puck when the goalie is on the ice. This is just so sad. I just cant see how anybody would still believe this team has a chance to make the playoffs this year.

Scoring 4 goals when we haven't scored more than 3 in I don't even know how long isn't a good thing? Sure they ended up blowing it, but at least we got some offense going.

How do you light a fire into something that's ALREADY COMATOSE?!

It's hard to tell what's a bigger fvcking disgrace, the team or the refs. I'm leaning towards the team because they've been dead men walking since the trade deadline. Whether they're pissed that Lou didn't acquire another scorer or pissed Lou did anything AT ALL with a team that was doing well till the deadline I can't tell, but either way something happened to this team since the deadline. This is worse than early in the season, at least early in the season they had the frigging EXCUSE of not having Elias and were at least competitive to an extent :angry:

There's just no effing excuse for blowing a 4-1 lead especially when you're 0-3 against this team and already blew a 3-1 lead up there early in the season. None! :rant: I don't care that the refs were a disgrace, that the fourth goal should have been blown dead and that the last goal should never have happened, this sorry excuse of a team flat out deserved to lose. If this is the garbage they're going to give us on Dano night then they'd better hire extra security for the game because it's gonna get real ugly, real fast.

Now I'm glad Marty's sitting on his toosh tomorrow, he's been a disaster the last few games. That ridiculous Holik goal turned the game around and he gave up a few other softies as well.

You hit the nail right on the head with this one.

Yea, for the first half of the game things were going great. Marty was looked solid and took away some good chances by the Thrashers. We had several two on one's going on towards the end of the 2nd. It was 4-1 going into the third and then things started going downhill.

What was the turning point of the game? We're up 4-1 and Weimer starts a fight just for the hell of it... causing an insigator and a Thrasher PP.

Weimer did everything he could tonight to give the Thrashers the win. You start a fight when you need to turn the game around. You don't start a fight when you just want to lull the other team to sleep.

I'm still confused what the difference is between Crosby's "whining" and everyone here crying because the ref missed a call. That game should never have gotten to overtime. If you can't hold a 4-1 lead in the 3rd, you have no business winning the game....

No. The turning point in the game was when Brodeur let in his second soft goal of the night on Holik. If the onus were to go on a single player, it would be him, not Wiemer.

As far as positives, Zach Parise is really starting to fit in. In Philly like in the first period, he got a shot of confidence and since then has been flying. Lukowich had a good game, and chipped in offensively. Gomez and Gio were good, too.

Seriously, people over-react. This team finished? We are in better position than Atlanta (with a game in hand) and Montreal currently, and we have played much better in the past two games (save for the breakdown in the last 10 min of the third which was really spurred by horrendous reffing). The Devils will hit their stride again and make the playoffs.

Scoring 4 goals when we haven't scored more than 3 in I don't even know how long isn't a good thing? Sure they ended up blowing it, but at least we got some offense going.

Yeah scoring 4 is fantastic, just as long as you dont allow more than that as well. How the mighty have fallen.

The forward lines tonight were manageable. putting langs with elias and brylin works. Marshall on the checking line works - they played really well. Parise should have been playing with Gomer and Gio all year.

We need to forget that we have a fourth line.. they're a liability. If anything, I'd rather see them bring up 3 kids from Albany to get 5 minutes of NHL experience nightly.. They might actually play like they wanna stay.

Unbelievably enough, the defense is the weak point of this team. Klee is a waste of space, Rafalski is playing like crap. White is the only guy that can hit, Matvichuk is good when he's not injured..

Albelin is steady enough for a 3rd pairing. Why is he sitting?

No. The turning point in the game was when Brodeur let in his second soft goal of the night on Holik. If the onus were to go on a single player, it would be him, not Wiemer.

Yes, the goal was soft... but Holik wouldn't have been barreling down the wing with nobody slamming him into the boards if there wasn't a powerplay to contend with.

Also, the Thrashers first goal was on a stupid Weimer penalty.