OGT: Devils @ Atlanta

Satans Hockey

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW - the scratched cornea is correct. He left with a patch over his eye. The doctors say he has a chance to play tonight, he's eager to play tonight, but that would seem unlikely.

Oh, and the referee has X-ray vision. He claims he never lost sight of the puck.

Blaine Angus & Darren Warren. If you ever see their cars and have a knife, or a key or something.... :P

Edited by Don

BTW - the scratched cornea is correct. He left with a patch over his eye. The doctors say he has a chance to play tonight, he's eager to play tonight, but that would seem unlikely.

Oh, and the referee has X-ray vision. He claims he never lost sight of the puck.

Blaine Angus & Darren Warren. If you ever see their cars and have a knife, or a key or something.... :P

That's good I doubt he plays also I think he will sit out a couple of games. My brother was supposed to call me but he never did. I doubt he even called Gomez I hate saying I'll try to get information and not getting it. It drives me nuts when I can't get it.

I didn't realize there were so many drama queens on this site.

I find the lack of faith most disturbing.

Bottomline: Marty needs a rest and will get it. The new lines looked great. There are 13 games or so left get your patties unbunched or just don't watch anymore games.

I have to agree with the you.

NICE

How do these 2 still have a job this not the first game they botched. :angry:

Well come tomorrow morning the league better be reviewing this, can officials be penalized for not stopping the play while a player is hurt? May be a dumb question, but i feel they should be

Old time Devil fans will remember Coffey getting hurt in the SCF against us by a slap shot, play continuing while he is down and we score. I don't remember anyone on this board being upset then!

Edited by SC Devs Fan

Old time Devil fans will remember Coffey getting hurt in the SCF against us by a slap shot, play continuing while he is down and we score. I don't remember anyone on this board being upset then!

Play is supposed to be whistled dead if it appears the player is incapacitated or he needs immediate medical help. I would say this case with Gomez qualifies for both. His eye could have been seriously injured and his vision was so bad he hobbled himself into the boards.

This is from the NHL rule book on injured players:

rule 18F

When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player's Team has secured possession of the puck; if the player's Team is in possession of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his Team is in a scoring position.

I thought the refs had a bad game last night unfortunately for Gomez and the Devils and us, they followed the book here. (BTW this rule has been on the books forever. Remember Sydor (?) crawling to the front of the net while the Devils had possession of the puck in the 2000 finals? There's another example of the rule.) (Why didn't they follow the book on the tying goal?)

Rule 81

Puck Out of Sight

Should a scramble take place or a player accidentally fall on the puck and the puck be out of sight of the Referee, he shall immediately blow his whistle and stop the play. The puck shall then be faced-off at the point where the play was stopped unless otherwise provided for in the Rules.

I also put the high sticking rule as it applies to the Gomez situation:

Rule 61

A "high stick" is one which is carried above the height of the opponent's shoulders. A player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion.
Edited by Rock

I didn't see the play so I can comment on how hurt he was or 'acted' as how a player reacts plays a great deal into whether play is stopped - my point ws Coffey was lying on the ice writhing in pain in the last minute of the game and we scored and Detroit fans went nuts.

Hey did anyone else read Lou's lips to say "You f*cked us" all matter of fact and polite like, listening to the ref :blahblah: nodding his head at the end of the game last night? I wasn't sure if I saw that right. He was fuming but calm. I just can't imagine that he said that...

what looks like "you f*cked us" ?

This is from the NHL rule book on injured players:

rule 18F

I thought the refs had a bad game last night unfortunately for Gomez and the Devils and us, they followed the book here. (BTW this rule has been on the books forever. Remember Sydor (?) crawling to the front of the net while the Devils had possession of the puck in the 2000 finals? There's another example of the rule.) (Why didn't they follow the book on the tying goal?)

Rule 81

Puck Out of Sight

I also put the high sticking rule as it applies to the Gomez situation:

Rule 61

Good post Rock. Thanks for providing this info. It definitely helps.

I didn't realize there were so many drama queens on this site.

I find the lack of faith most disturbing.

Bottomline: Marty needs a rest and will get it. The new lines looked great. There are 13 games or so left get your patties unbunched or just don't watch anymore games.

Drama queens??? Seems more like a bunch of bi-polars ;) Did you notice that a lot of folks here hate Klee yet he received some nice comments from Doc Emrick? Hmmm...does Doc know anything about hockey??? <sarcasm for those whohave trouble recognizing sarcasm> I am glad I didn't login yesterday. Cannot wait to read the thread about tonght's game and see everyone lovey dovey ;) I think there was more cussing in this entire thread than I have ever seen, especially for a site with such a mix of ages. Is this how folks let off steam nowadays? Cuss like drunken sailors???? Anyway...I am with you Manta...I vote for the latter for some...don't watch anymore games ;)