Mogilny

puck

we're looking goood so far without him. don't fix whats not broke!

we're looking goood so far without him. don't fix whats not broke!

I agree. Our lines seem pretty good as of late, so let's try to keep it the same. However, I say we bring Mogilny up and have him as a healthy scratch if we can so that if someone gets injured or we start sucking again we can put him in.

I say we bring him up as a healthy scratch just as devilsfan said....especially if it looks like we might have a good run....but only on the basis if he retires next season or allows a contract restructure....something to get him off the cap!!

I say we bring him up as a healthy scratch just as devilsfan said....especially if it looks like we might have a good run....but only on the basis if he retires next season or allows a contract restructure....something to get him off the cap!!

if we bring him up for the playoffs and send him back to the ahl after the playoffs, i don't think his salary would count against the cap.

i think we should try to bring him up... and if he clears waivers... then cool... we have offensive help... and if someone picks him up... then cool... we dont have his contract anymore

he doesn't need to clear waivers if we bring him up in the playoffs. also it would be bad if he doesn't clear waivers because we'd be paying half his salary and not even have the option of using him on the ice.

The Devils will not be letting Alexander Mogilny and his poor attitude anywhere near this club in the playoffs. He will be told to go home - the Devils already have an ace in the hole with Viktor Kozlov, who can play all three forward positions in case of injury.

Daniel McGillis, OTOH, may be asked to skate with the team. We'd have 9 NHL capable defensemen if that were the case.

if we bring him up for the playoffs and send him back to the ahl after the playoffs, i don't think his salary would count against the cap.

No i meant next year with the whole "his salary might still count against the cap" thing...to avoid backloading vet contracts or something...

No i meant next year with the whole "his salary might still count against the cap" thing...to avoid backloading vet contracts or something...

I think you mean frontloading... the issue was say if I wanted to have Mario Lemieux play for me. He wants the max for 1 season. So if I give that to hime straight up, its a 7million hit on the salary cap. But say I give him a deal that pays him a 5 year deal structured 7mil 550k 550k 550k 550k, it would be 9.2mm total over 5 years: hits the salary cap as 1.64mm a season.

I think the NHL needs to come to a compromise about the retirement rule and the cap. Lou said the rule was designed to prevent the above... I think Malakov's case is completely different.

Furthermore, there should be a rule against what we are doing to Mogilny. Its extremely sad, but makes perfect sense for our team. I just don't think you should be able to dump salary by assigning an aging star to the minors.

Edited by aylbert

The Devils will not be letting Alexander Mogilny and his poor attitude anywhere near this club in the playoffs. He will be told to go home - the Devils already have an ace in the hole with Viktor Kozlov, who can play all three forward positions in case of injury.

Daniel McGillis, OTOH, may be asked to skate with the team. We'd have 9 NHL capable defensemen if that were the case.

9?

I didnt know Ken Klee was an NHL caliber dmen... Seriously this guy is just awful

Gee is a pre game interview Lou said the answer was no...Almo would have to clear waivers and if someone picked him up then the Devs would be responsible for 1/2 his salary next season...wasn't this discussed when Almo was sent down and this clearing waiver stuff came up??? Lou...send me some :koolaid: I like strawberry kiwi :P

Edited by StarDew