FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to wonder if it will take 85 points to make the playoffs. Boston currently has the #8 seed; they would have to go .500 the rest of the way to reach 85 points and they're 9-21-5-2 (25 points) in their last 37 games. Nobody else (Montreal, Florida, Pitt) is exactly putting up a fight either.

Assuming this one's in the bag, the Ranger$ need to go .750 (21 of 28 points) if the threshold IS 85 points; hopefully Boston shapes up. An Isles win in their home away from home (they always seem to win at MSG and vice-versa) wouldn't hurt either :lol:

Agree insanity. Luongo was amazing in net for a guy who gave up five. He's got all the tools to be a great one. He just needs the team around him.

I hope people got to see Brian Leetch's Bobby Orr-like goal. It was incredible!!!!! No other defenseman can do that. Amazing.

Imagine if the Rangers didn't have all their guys out this year. They'd be a playoff lock.

Oh well. Just hope they keep winning. Forget the other teams. Just win their games and give themselves a shot.

Imagine if the Rangers didn't have all their guys out this year. They'd be a playoff lock.

Oh well. Just hope they keep winning. Forget the other teams. Just win their games and give themselves a shot.

Are you being bipolar...they could be playoff lock...they suck...they have a chance...they suck...make up yer mind...Devils are great...wish the RanJuhs had a system...they suck...forget other teams...sheesh...you are up and down more than a you know what :wacko:

I'm just telling the TRUTH. What's the matter? NJ fans cannot handle it. The Rangers lost their #1 goalscorer, #1 defenseman, #1 goalie and #1 checking center all this season.

Imagine if that happened to the Devils. Your team would be in some trouble too.

Also, I guarantee you one thing. If the Rangers somehow get in by a miracle, the Devils will not want to play them.

Even some of your peers have admitted that.

Dew, being a Ranger fan is very difficult ;) . They drive their own fans nuts and have been doing so for several years now.

It's hard to be consistent when it comes to them. I can only imagine what a full healthy squad would have been capable of this season.

That being said, the only thing I can ask from them is to continue to give the effort they have been recently and win their games.

That is all.

Carry on and I hope you feel better :) .

I'm just telling the TRUTH. What's the matter? NJ fans cannot handle it. The Rangers lost their #1 goalscorer, #1 defenseman, #1 goalie and #1 checking center all this season.

Imagine if that happened to the Devils. Your team would be in some trouble too.

Also, I guarantee you one thing. If the Rangers somehow get in by a miracle, the Devils will not want to play them.

Even some of your peers have admitted that.

Derek please stop the whining, sure they ranger have injuries, but lets be honest, Richter has missed more games the last 3 years thne he has played, ye they CHOSE to go into the season with him as #1. Bure, also has been often injured , besides that fact that your team has gotten Bure, Kovleav, Holik & Kaspar for next to nothing all within the last year...injuries or not this team should be a lock int he playoffs, but they are missing one thing...THEY HAVE NO HEART!!!!!

And BTW if they make the playoffs I'll be glad to play them , because Defense and goaltending wins CUPS...and that happens to be the weakest part of the rangers game....

That double minor the Rangers had when they didn't score Luongo was outstanding. You know a team didn't play very well when dispite giving up 5 the goaltender was by far the best player.

That first Leetch goal was something special. Having him miss all the time he missed I think we are reminded of how good Leetch is. With a guy like him its easy to take for granted.

Kasparatis, has turned a -18 into a -1 in about 30 games...impressive. Need him to keep it up.

Prior to last night, the Rangers had 5 blocks of 5 games.

The had the must wins...all at home. 2 vs. Florida, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Atlanta. They really need all five of these games. Anything less than 8 points here and they are history. They really need to run the table or 9 points. They've handled Florida well this season (3 for 3), Pittsburgh is a skining ship, but Buffalo is the game the really scares me. Atlanta has dominated the Rangers, but sooner or later Heatly should return to earth against them, but Buffalo has all the makings for a letdown.

Then they have the 3 vs. the Islanders, one vs Boston, and one vs Montreal. All absolutely huge games, all winable, all loseable. The fact that they beat down the Isles 5-0 last time they played will ensure the Isles show up on Monday and like someone said, the road team has owned this matchup.

Then they have the tough games. 2 vs. Jersey, 2 vs. Philly, and in Ottawa. To keep their head above water in this stretch will take their best efforts. Thing is, against these teams they do show up, only thing is these teams are elite and all quality play could still mean 5 losses. Got to steal some here.

Redrum:

"Derek please stop the whining, sure they ranger have injuries, but lets be honest, Richter has missed more games the last 3 years thne he has played, ye they CHOSE to go into the season with him as #1. Bure, also has been often injured , besides that fact that your team has gotten Bure, Kovleav, Holik & Kaspar for next to nothing all within the last year...injuries or not this team should be a lock int he playoffs, but they are missing one thing...THEY HAVE NO HEART!!!!!

And BTW if they make the playoffs I'll be glad to play them , because Defense and goaltending wins CUPS...and that happens to be the weakest part of the rangers game...."

Not whining at all Red. Just making some valid points.

If you lost a top five goalscorer, top five defenseman, top five checking center and a #1 goalie, it would have some sort of affect on your team.

Richter doesn't allow the big juicy rebounds Dunham does.

I agree with you about the lack of killer instinct. In some games this season, the Rangers could have brought more to the rink in some key losses. That's why they're in the fragile position they are.

As for what you said about a potential seven-game series, it doesn't bother me in the least.

The Devils might have the D and the goaltending and while those two are huge requirements of winning a championship, you also need enough scoring. I'm not sure they do. Not many Devils scare me up front.

The Rangers have talented players such as Kovalev, Leetch, Bure, Holik, Lundmark, Lindros and even Messier, who still gives NJ fits. Everyone's fave Poti also seems to give NJ problems.

That kind of lineup can be scary and create problems for any opponent in a seven-game series. I didn't even mention Barnaby. He's a pain in the ass to play against.

Try containing Kovalev and Leetch. It's tough.

Also Red, did you forget about '97, '98, '99 and '02 when the Devils couldn't score enough goals to win series?

Even in 2001 when the most talented NJ team thought they had the job done as repeat winners, they didn't score enough goals in the final two games to finish the mission.

Great goaltending and great defense can take you far in the playoffs. But without enough goalscoring, you're screwed.

It's still a longshot for the Rangers anyway. They have to keep winning their games to give themselves a shot.

The New York Islanders' home game against New Jersey on Thursday night, which resulted in a tie, was No. 63 of 82. Coach Peter Laviolette figures for his club to make the postseason, they'll need to win 10 of the remaining 19 contests.

Kinda similiar... if we were isles fans, we'd have a count of x wins needed for the playoffs ;)

Kasparitis has done nothing? He went from a -17 in January to a -2. THAT'S PLUS 15!!!!

Anyway, lets get back to talking about who really matters, BARNABY! Barnaby is great, Worrel was going after Lindros as he does every game, because he knows Lindros can't fight, so later in the game, Barnaby drops the gloves with him. Sticking up for his teammates again, he's just great. Plus he worked the puck loose with some hard work on the Leetch goal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.