So now how do feel about the outcome?

sundstrom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem like we're going to annihilate a flat Ranger team in round 1....but it's going to be a tough series. I have no predictions really. The Rangers are due to start playing better, the Devils are due to hit the skids. I think we can win but I don't have a great feeling about the series. Devils in 6 because they seem like the more complete team. Rangers in 6 or 7 wouldn't shock me the least bit.

We're roaring into the playoffs, everybody is talking up the Devils as the team nobody wants to play. The Devils are better when they quietly head into the playoffs. Now all the pressure is on them, I would rather have it all on the Rangers.

Rangers limped into the playoffs but as sundstrom notes, they've got two world-class players who can dominate a series.

I like that we have home-ice advantage, which should be huge - unfortunately if White is still injured we don't have that big an advantage as we don't match up well with Jagr without him. Pandolfo does a good job shadowing but it's White who really roughs Jagr up.

Lundqvist is coming off injury.

Still, the Rangers just didn't look like a good team from what I saw of them tonight - they looked confused and disoriented and got smoked, from what it appeared. They have guys on that team that are just not good, and I think can be exposed in a playoff series more than in the regular season.

We're roaring into the playoffs, everybody is talking up the Devils as the team nobody wants to play. The Devils are better when they quietly head into the playoffs. Now all the pressure is on them, I would rather have it all on the Rangers.

I agree 7 and Devils better be careful....NOBoDY expects much from the Rangers now....and now that might mean they are more dangerous...

I know this is not an exact science...99 Sabres stumbled down the gate, went in as a 7 seed, and then proceeded to go to the Finals.

Playoffs are jsut an entirely different animal.

I say Devils in 7 though, Rangers just have too many issues defensively now and do not play disciplined enough to win a 7 gamer....but you can bet they will play well at times in this series.

This should be a good series. I expect something to come out of the Rangers if they can get their act together. The Devils on the other hand are playing great and hopefully they aren't due for a skid yet, and Marty continues to be sharp and the rest of the Devils continue to step up and score some unblievable goals.

I'd say Devils in 6.

EDIT: I would also like to add......

Bring on those Ranger bitches.....they got nothing on MARTY!!!!

Edited by DevilMan

I'll repeat what others have said/will say, and even though it may be an understatement, it is true...This series is going to be one helluva tough series, with either team a threat to win. I love it though. Bring on the Rangers against our division champion Devils. This is hopefully the year we beat them. I have a great feeling...

I think it would be a good idea to keep Pandolfo to stick on Jagr. That's what I saw happening in the last game against the Rangers and I think it could possibly work again, though you could also switch up the defenseman on who is going to watch Jagr.

I was surprised the Devils' luck managed to mount that last minute comeback, but after the Flyers came back to win against the Islanders, I was actually glad the Devils won because now it'll be Rangers/Devils in the first round, instead of Rangers/Sabres because the Rangers have a much better shot at eliminating the Devils than Buffalo, whom they've had some difficulty against this season.

I can't believe this guy is that confident the Rangers will eliminate the Devils this easily. :rofl:

Edited by DevilMan

Well, it didn't look like it was going to happen. But the Devils have more heart than the Rangers and proved it tonight.

I have little confidence. The good thing about it is the pressure is off. Everyone is going to write them off.

The only things I can think that are positive:

1.Lundqvist- he didn't look hurt at all and made some great saves.

2.Almost every game was tight during the season series. And that was with Kevin Weekes getting 5 of the 8 starts.

The x-factor is Lundqvist in this series. If he plays well, every game will be tooth and nail.

Gun to my head, Devils in 5

Well, it didn't look like it was going to happen. But the Devils have more heart than the Rangers and proved it tonight.

I have little confidence. The good thing about it is the pressure is off. Everyone is going to write them off.

The only things I can think that are positive:

1.Lundqvist- he didn't look hurt at all and made some great saves.

2.Almost every game was tight during the season series. And that was with Kevin Weekes getting 5 of the 8 starts.

The x-factor is Lundqvist in this series. If he plays well, every game will be tooth and nail.

Gun to my head, Devils in 5

On the post game JD and Sam Rosen made a good point - that the Rangers have all the pressure off them, the Devils will be favored and that no one will expect them to beat the Devils given the two teams' trends in recent weeks. For the Rangers its almost like the beginning of the year when no one expected anything of them.

Playoffs are a whole new season and while I'm much happier coming into the post season on the roll that we're on, it really won't matter once they drop the puck Friday night.

It all comes down to two things:

1. The refs. If playoff hockey is indeed playoff hockey, then the Devils are going to win this series by virtue of the fact that Jagr and Straka will have no room to operate and will pay the physical price.

2. The keepers. Either one can steal this series from the other. I think the Ranger$ are having some series issues in their own end, which wasn't happening earlier this season, so that's going to hurt the kid.

In any event...I'm just happy the building will be filled.

Devils in six.

Sabres in seven!!!!!

<JESTER>