Devils @ Carolina Game 2 ECSF, 7:30 PM ET, OLN/TSN, WFAN

hattrick

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the team is also manic depressive i guess it would eventually rub off on the fans.

Too true.

I don't get the Klee bashing here, Klee's actually been fairly solid since his god-awful start. It's Sukowich that's been the liability for the last few weeks. Even in the Ranger series he sucked but the team bailed him out. I liked him when we got him from the Islanders too but god he has regressed, he was picking his nose on the last goal. It must be something in the air about defensemen Lou trades for at the deadline.

Edited by NJDevs26

Ward looked so shaky in the first. if we got any pressure tonight we would have been able to score a few more but for the second game in a row we hardly had any good scoring chances,

We must get to Ward and we'll have a chance to come back in this series.

I think that's our only hope...a Cam Ward implosion, which may happen. We haven't really tested him yet, and this may be a good thing since he's still kind of "cold" in the series and hasn't gotten into any games.

This was a horrible loss, and it reminds me of 2002, Carolina had so many flukes go their way, and it adds to my suspicion of veterans who have never won a cup, the NHL fixed it for Bourque 'the dork" in 2001, they fixed it for Andreychuk "the cherry picker" in 2004, surely they are not trying to fix it for Recchi, Weight and Brind "the diver" Amour ?

This team needs to rebound, and hopefully with the return of Colin White, we will be better.

The call on Matty against Stall that lead to the tieing goal at 1-1 was terrible, Stall went down like a sack of @hit.

The call on Langenbrunner against Brinddiver was awful, but we have to put this behind us.

Carolina has had a seasons worth of bounces and flukes, if all things were even, this series would be tied at 1.

In game three at NJ we need to come out flying and take the body hard, pepper Ward with shots, get traffic in front of him, back into him, run Brinddiver to the boards, White needs to crush Staal with a Stevens type hit.

Take someone out, hit everything in white.

I think the devils just need to sit back and regroup. They proved they can play a full period, they just need to play a full game. gripping their sticks too tight?

they're only down 2-0 the team has heart, i think they can do it.

Dude, what the fvck is wrong with you all? We've come back from 2-0 down before. Sure it's a heartbreaker but we fought them hard, and we can still take the series. After this game I feel we are the better team (Except on the PK), but a lot of sh!t went against us.

We've been down 2-0 and 3-1 before and pulled it out. Stop jumping off the boat, it's disgusting. If we go down 3-0 you can jump, but no sooner.

Dude, what the fvck is wrong with you all? We've come back from 2-0 down before. Sure it's a heartbreaker but we fought them hard, and we can still take the series. After this game I feel we are the better team (Except on the PK), but a lot of sh!t went against us.

We've been down 2-0 and 3-1 before and pulled it out. Stop jumping off the boat, it's disgusting. If we go down 3-0 you can jump, but no sooner.

I agree 100%. I am very upset with tonight's loss, but I am going to put my Red and Black glasses on and say Devils in 6! :koolaid:

Edited by pattyelias

it's all good...this is just the adversity the devils need...

every team needs a "scare" to wake them up in the playoffs.

if the devils can't beat this team they don't deserve to advance.

Hey look---the sun came up today. Let's move on---as bad a loss as that was (and in my 18 years as a Devs fan, only the 94 and 07 OT losses to the Rags were worse (throw in losing to Ottawa in the last game of the 96 season)) there are ENDLESS examples of teams coming back from 0-2 down.

And at least we're not the senators and we're coming home, not going to the other team's building down 0-2. I still have faith... someone on this board or it might have been another one said it - he didn't think the devils could shake the rust off and return to form by game 2 and that it'd take til game 3. From what I saw, regardless of that late goal w/ 20 secs to go, we were still not the same team. We were outplayed. We deserved to lose in the end, being outshot 27-9 through the 2nd & 3rd. In OT I didn't think Klee got hooked, he just didn't play smart hockey. The entire team didn't play up to their potential. This situation echoes the one in Atlanta when the devils blew the 4-1 lead to lose in OT, and it lit a fire under the team. Here's to hoping this does the same. They have the experience to use this as a springboard and not a backbreaker. For some reason, I think if the devils hung on for the win at the end, it would have created some complacency that the effort they put forth was enough, and cause them to put forth the same poor effort in game 3. There are 4 teams down 0-2 now. I'm willing to bet at least one of them comes back to win the series. Let's be that team.

Hey look---the sun came up today. Let's move on---as bad a loss as that was (and in my 18 years as a Devs fan, only the 94 and 07 OT losses to the Rags were worse (throw in losing to Ottawa in the last game of the 96 season)) there are ENDLESS examples of teams coming back from 0-2 down.

Ward looked so shaky in the first. if we got any pressure tonight we would have been able to score a few more but for the second game in a row we hardly had any good scoring chances,

We must get to Ward and we'll have a chance to come back in this series.

I totally agree, he looked so uncomfortable out there after the first goal, devils should have jumped all over him!!!

This was a horrible loss, and it reminds me of 2002, Carolina had so many flukes go their way, and it adds to my suspicion of veterans who have never won a cup, the NHL fixed it for Bourque 'the dork" in 2001, they fixed it for Andreychuk "the cherry picker" in 2004, surely they are not trying to fix it for Recchi, Weight and Brind "the diver" Amour ?

Brindy is fixing this for himself -- let's not kid ourselves TOO much here :evil:

And -- a team can always steal games back from officials... the Devils blew their chance last night. Anyhow -- I'm with everyone else -- time to move on. Support our guys at home! They needs us most now... (WE need us most -duh?) :evil:

I was lost but now I am found :giggle::dance::lol: hey, long time no see :D

Now we have to get Zamode to post more regularly.. <_< babies - as if anything was more important than hockey :doh1:

Brindy is fixing this for himself -- let's not kid ourselves TOO much here :evil:

And -- a team can always steal games back from officials... the Devils blew their chance last night. Anyhow -- I'm with everyone else -- time to move on. Support our guys at home! They needs us most now... (WE need us most -duh?) :evil:

Now we have to get Zamode to post more regularly.. <_< babies - as if anything was more important than hockey :doh1:

Zammy come back :rant:

I dont think we should panic just yet, devils played better last night... hey carolina went down 2-0 against Montreal and they won the series, I think we can do it too!!

This is far from over.

We're home now. Now they play on our turf. And all we have to do is just keep our crap together. Get to Ward early and SHOOT THE PUCK! Patty was trying to be too fancy, too many times. How many times did Gomez have the puck just bounce off his stick? Pass, Shoot. Defense. That's it.

I'm not going to read through 17 pages. The last 2 were enough. I'm not sure whether Brind'Amour is diving, or whatever. Go ahead and blame the loss on that if you want.

But does it occur to any of you that if NJ gets a lead with 20 seconds left in the game they should be able to win???? It wasn't like Brind'Amour dove in those 20 seconds, drew a penalty and it was a 6-on-4 for the Hurricanes. It was 6 on 5, NJ won the face-off, but Madden screwed up and drew it all the way back into his own zone, which was as good for the Hurricanes as if they had won it and dumped it all the way in.

NJ was unable to clear.

Carolina scored.

Then they scored in OT.

Is this really difficult to follow or something????

I think devils need to change their thinking a little bit and stop looking for pretty plays that worked against rangers, they wont work on carolina... carolina is obviously a better team defensively... just shoot the damn puck :argh:

My observations:

Is it me or does it seem like there are 10 hurricanes to our 5 Devils out there per shift. Man that team is a bunch of speed demons.

Bad calls, yes they happen but its expected and we can't go blaming bad calls for our loses.

Passing.... awful, except for Jamie's goal.

The team lost as a whole last night. Being outshot 29-7 in the final 2 periods is horrific but it looked like we were going to steal one from them. What transpired in the final 10 seconds I blame on Rafaslki...watch the replay.

Rafalski went to easy into the corner where the puck was, stick up at the waste looking to hold the guy into the boards. Had his stick been on the ice, it would have been in the passing lane and the puck would never have reached the front of the net. I am not sure what he was thinking because that was such a crucial moment. CLOG THE PASSING LANES

Rafalski annoyed me in 04 against Philly and hes back at it again in this series. Too many passes to count last night that jumped over his stick.