Elias Re-signs

Triumph

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, there was NEVER animosity with Lou. he clashed with burns because gomez would not take care of his defensive responsibilites at times and would often be reckless with the puck in trying to carry through 5 guys. but even then, he always respected burns.

gomer's looking for the best deal. he'll give NJ the first crack, but won't take a big discount. perhaps a 5/25 deal is what he's thinking. i'm not saying that's impossible in the future, but I'm positive they can't do it right now without dumping rafalski + madden.

Maybe we should let someone send Gomer an offer sheet. If they offer him over 5 million and we let him go, we can 4 first-rounders.

Or just trade him.

Anyone else worried about the signing not being on the Devils nor the NHL website?

Anyone else worried about the signing not being on the Devils nor the NHL website?

It's not up the Devils website because Elias hasn't actually signed the contract yet. They just agreed on a deal. I wouldn't worry though as it was Elias' agent that confirmed the deal to the Bergen Record.

actually, there was NEVER animosity with Lou. he clashed with burns because gomez would not take care of his defensive responsibilites at times and would often be reckless with the puck in trying to carry through 5 guys. but even then, he always respected burns.

gomer's looking for the best deal. he'll give NJ the first crack, but won't take a big discount. perhaps a 5/25 deal is what he's thinking. i'm not saying that's impossible in the future, but I'm positive they can't do it right now without dumping rafalski + madden.

Yeah the only problem he has had was with Burns and whoever was the problem in the locker room last year. That's why I think he will be traded because I think he wants 4-5 million a year and a long term contract.

Actually Gomez was quite unhappy with his last contract and tried to hold out. But on the very last day before camp, he caved. He said he wasn't happy with his contract but Lou held all the cards and he knew from asking around he wasn't going to get a penny more.

Actually Gomez was quite unhappy with his last contract and tried to hold out. But on the very last day before camp, he caved. He said he wasn't happy with his contract but Lou held all the cards and he knew from asking around he wasn't going to get a penny more.

Not true are you talking about the one where he went to arbitration?. He was extremely happy with it and even fewl back to jersey with Lou. There was one I think his first contract where he held out but his agent told him to do that and you can see where he is. But I can guarantee you he has no animonsity towards Lou.

Edited by sandman441

No, anyone who is worried about that is overly pessimistic or an idiot, no offense really but think about it, when have you ever seen a signing retracted? Its also been well over 12 hours since the signing was announced, Lou amongst others would be demanding a retraction by major news organizations if it was not happening.

Its also a Sunday before a national holiday, I highly doubt theres anyone in a office other than major news organizations to post the info.

And it is on NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/07/276416.html

Edited by ghdi

I love how some of you want to rewrite history and make everything peachy.

Gomez has a big mouth and isnt necessarily the brightest bulb in the box, hes openly discussed his distaste for Lou, including in some bars in the West Orange area.

There is animosity there between Lou and Gomez, and anyone who says otherwise just hasnt been paying attention, it was not just Burns, it was that Gomez went to Lou to cut Burns down at the knees, and then Lou fired back at Gomez and let him know the deal.

Gomez had his holdout and his agent's antics.

Gomez has a big mouth and isnt necessarily the brightest bulb in the box, hes openly discussed his distaste for Lou, including in some bars in the West Orange area.

There is animosity there between Lou and Gomez, and anyone who says otherwise just hasnt been paying attention, it was not just Burns, it was that Gomez went to Lou to cut Burns down at the knees, and then Lou fired back at Gomez and let him know the deal.

I would trust Sandman above anyone else here, considering he actually KNOWS what's going on, and isn't speculating.

Congratulation$! I had a feeling he'd re-sign. Thanks IceThief for the message.

Good for Elias. He silenced a lot of critics.

P.S. Glad he's not a Ranger. I fvcking hate the Devils!

:rofl: Come out from the darkside....Come to the light!!! DROP THOSE RAGS!!!! :evil:

My respect for Elias just went through the roof. His signing for a discount is a big thank you to the organization and in turn to us as fans also.

HELL YEAH! WELL PUT!

Love the Loyalty!

GREAT JOB LOU. koolaidwinner0zi.jpg

GREAT DEAL PATRIK! koolaidbiatches3qc.jpg

The part I'm most surprised with isn't the no trade clause but the no movement clause...that's insane...I've never even heard of that with a contract before...but hey, it's not like he doesn't deserve it...especially considering he did take below market value (which again shows that the "things" Elias wanted weren't money but rather commitment)

And another thing.....for all those who like to configure lines and what not...remember one thing....Elias isn't a second line winger...Gomer, Gio...they get the second line....Elias is our franchise player and is our first line LW!! :D (sorry, just irks me when I see him on the second line.........especially now :) )

That's almost a bargain, although in the salary cap era I'm not entirely certain I can see it as such, given the length of the contract and any number of factors that can contribute to a decline in performance well before the contract ends. Definitely would have been under the old rules.

I guess I owe Patrick an apology though. I thought he was certainly done in New Jersey, and I was prepared to let him know how much of a scumbag he was for signing with team X every time he came near my seating section.

I'm very, very happy about this, though, despite what I wrote above!

The part I'm most surprised with isn't the no trade clause but the no movement clause...that's insane...I've never even heard of that with a contract before...

I never have either. Can someone please explain a no movement clause? I'm assuming it means he can't be waived or sent to the Monsters.