The New Isles Gm: Garth Snow???

Devilsdude530

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wang is like Bettman, not a hockey guy, but insists on being too involved in the management of his hockey club. The results are always disastrous.

Wang is clueless

Milbury is a hockey guy...but a bad one

Trottier has already been proven to be inept

Lafontaine has no front office experience

Garth Snow? GM?

They signed Mike Sillinger, Tom Poti, and Chris Simon?

They couldn't sign Peca

Nolan might be up to his old shenanigans

talk about the worst offseason ever

The thread on the Isles board was 33 pages long within a very short amount of time and had 100+ users in it.

I think they might be suicidal!

It's too bad, I like the Isles. It all looks bad right now but who knows how things will play out.

I heard the end of the Wong interview with Russo... he sounded like Kim Jong-Il from Team America :lol:

Nice job by Russo too turning the screw mentiong the coach he wanted to get rid of was still shining the Cup too :evil:

That is crazy, absolutely nuts! :hah: Obviously that owner does not know much about the game, just because you can build computers does not mean you can run a hockey team. They can keep making stupid moves, it's all good with me.. :koolaid:

I can't decide what's a better theme song for today, Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" or that blasted Celine Dion song from Titanic. :dizzy:

PETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Petty's too much of a Jersey guilty pleasure to be used for the guys on Long Island.

Fine... give them the damn Titanic song....

From my blog:

-When the news came down yesterday about Neil Smith already being out as Isles' GM, it wasn't surprising. All you had to do was look at how off the wall team owner Charles Wang is. Who hires both the coach and GM and even brings in reinforcements on the same day? This man is delusional. He has no clue how to run a professional franchise. Somehow, Wang has done the impossible by making MSG boss James Dolan look sane. How do you run an organization by committee? This just doesn't happen. The less voices, the better.

-It gets even better. Wang somehow decided on former backup netminder Garth Snow as Smith's replacement. Snow has no experience and still has two years left on his contract as a player. In the world of remarkably absurd, the new Isles' GM can't get rid of his $750,000 a year salary off the cap. To top it off, Pat Lafontaine resigned immediately following a ridiculous press conference in which the clueless owner tried to explain his laughable policy. Is this The Twilight Zone? This can't really be happening. Or can it? Only in the bizarre world of today's owners who have no business running sports teams. What you see with Wang will continue to become more common. Scary thought indeed.

Only the Islanders. :rofl::lol::hah:

Joe, have you talked to Gary? Is he out on the ledge yet???

Gary is the one who informed me of this yesterday. He's not on the ledge, and he is staying on Titanic while it sinks.

The funny story is this, my writer Brian is on vacation in Newport, RI [and made his editor very happy by giving me an article on Gabriela Sabatini going into the Tennis Hall. I got to put up a Gabby picture yesterday. Made me very happy. Derek why can't you be that forethinking?] Anyway I digress. He calls me yesterday seeing the article about this and thought I was pulling an some sort of joke. Then he saw the news on the Isles website and couldn't believe it.

For anyone who has not had the joy of this interview:

http://wfan.com/homepage/local_audioclip_199182958.html

Thanks Crash. I couldn't stop laughing.

He wants every decision made by a board. I can just imagine trade deadline day.

*calls Nashville*

"Is Kariya available?"

"Only for Satan"

"Okay, we've got to discuss it with the board... call you back in 2 hours."

Oi.

So much for Wang's "What better way to learn to be a good GM when you are surrounded by good hockey people like Pat Lafontaine?"