Frost up on sex charges

M.

www.tsn.ca

OTTAWA (CP) - A former sports agent is facing a long list of sex charges in connection with several alleged incidents involving young people in eastern Ontario.

David Frost, the target of a murder-for-hire plot by former client Mike Danton, has been charged with twelve counts of sexual exploitation and one count of assault.

The charges are related to alleged incidents between 1995 and 2001 involving four boys and three girls, all between the ages of 14 and 16.

Police won't say if the teens were involved in hockey and won't provide any further details of the incidents, which allegedly took place in the Deseronto and Napanee area of eastern Ontario.

Frost is the former agent of Mike Danton, the ex-St. Louis Blues player who is serving a 7 1/2-year sentence in a New Jersey prison for a $10,000 US murder-for-hire scheme in a plan to kill Frost.

Frost is scheduled to appear Wednesday in court in Napanee, about 40 kilometres west of Kingston.

I for one am totally shocked! :rolleyes:

Edited by M.

But seriously, I hope Frosty does at least as many years as Danton.

I hope he does ten times more than Danton, he's the only reason Danton is in jail in the first place. If Frost did those things to me as a child, I'd probably try to have him killed, too. It's too bad Danton couldn't get in touch with a real hitman.

The more I hear about Frost, the more I pity Danton. I hate it when people don't take responsibility for things, but the poor kid never had a chance.

Well, according to the Fifth Estate, the police were having trouble with certain witnesses not wanting to co-operate. Most of the kids he *cough* "coached" are still completely obedient to whatever Frost says. From what I understand, most of the testimony will be coming from the girls that went to the all-night sex orgies that Frost organized for the players where Frost told the underage players to pass the girls around. A 30 year old having sex with a 15 year old is rape. A 15 year old having sex with another 15 year old is not. A 30 year old organizing orgies for 15 year olds and sticking around to watch... I'm not exactly sure what the hell that is.

Maybe they decided to finally press charges now because one of the players came to his senses? Really, that's what they would need to get anything serious to stick.

As someone at CP said, the man is definitely deserving of a few fissures.

Edited by Don

Frost is a sick FVKK, end of story. In a perfect world he would be stuck inprison and not away from the other inmates as most child molestors are, so he could know what it's like to be taken advantage of and manipulated. As a parent I have ansolutely no sympathy for sick fvkkers like him and I hope karma comes back and bites him in his sick, perverted fatt a$$.

Well, according to the Fifth Estate, the police were having trouble with certain witnesses not wanting to co-operate. Most of the kids he *cough* "coached" are still completely obedient to whatever Frost says. From what I understand, most of the testimony will be coming from the girls that went to the all-night sex orgies that Frost organized for the players where Frost told the underage players to pass the girls around. A 30 year old having sex with a 15 year old is rape. A 15 year old having sex with another 15 year old is not. A 30 year old organizing orgies for 15 year olds and sticking around to watch... I'm not exactly sure what the hell that is.

Maybe they decided to finally press charges now because one of the players came to his senses? Really, that's what they would need to get anything serious to stick.

I saw both Fifth Estate documentaries and I actually tried to write a paper about this for a class but was unable to hand it in because I was so emotional and it was pretty biased. There may have been a few creative names for Frost by the 20th page as well... :whistling:

I'm sorry to say but if someone did something like that to one of my children I would be either sitting in prison right now or head of some huge parents against sexual predators in sport brigade and would not stop...EVER.

A 30 year old having sex with a 15 year old is rape. A 15 year old having sex with another 15 year old is not.

It is in the US... well, sometimes. It's always legally considered statutory rape (which makes no sense when both parties are underage, because wouldn't they BOTH be guilty? And yet they only ding the males in those cases...), but it's never brought forward unless the girl's parents have a vendetta against the guy and the DA's looking to make a name for himself. It's a shame that a well-intentioned law meant to punish pedophilia can be so easily abused by puritanical Capulet wannabes and self-aggrandizing prosecutors with political aspirations.

:huh: Well, that got off-topic, didn't it... :unsure:

A 30 year old organizing orgies for 15 year olds and sticking around to watch... I'm not exactly sure what the hell that is.

Pandering? Endangering the welfare of a minor? If he arranged it, it should still be sexual misconduct charges against him whether or not he stuck around to watch. The fact that he did just makes it all worse.

Not in Canada. Age of consent in Canada is 14. Harper is trying to raise it to 16.

I guess that's what I get for basing my knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Code on episodes of SVU. :P But semantics aside, the point stands. Had Frost directly participated in goings-on, he would be charged with a higher offence.

In this case he is being charged with "Sexual Exploitation" which is defined as an adult in a position of authority or a position of trust engaging in virtually any kind of sexual contact with children under 18, irrespective of consent, including invitation to sexual touching.

So I guess the case hinges on many things. Does a hockey coach constitute a position of authority? Was he in a position of trust over the girls involved? Was he overt in his "invitation to sexual touching"?

Given how they are stretching the law to make it fit the crime, I don't know if it will all stick. We can only hope.

So I guess the case hinges on many things. Does a hockey coach constitute a position of authority? Was he in a position of trust over the girls involved? Was he overt in his "invitation to sexual touching"?

Given how they are stretching the law to make it fit the crime, I don't know if it will all stick. We can only hope.

If he arranged sex parties for 15 year olds he coached, that qualifies under sexual exploitation 153.b A hockey coach does constitute a position of authority, but I'm not sure if that extends to the girls. Here's the relevant section of the Canadian Criminal Code:

http://www.efc.ca/pages/law/cc/cc.153.html

153. Every person who is in a position of trust or authority towards a young person or is a person with whom the young person is in a relationship of dependency and who

(a) for a sexual purpose, touches, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, any part of the body of the young person, or

(b) for a sexual purpose, invites, counsels or incites, a young person to touch, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, the body of any person, including the body of the person who so invites, counsels or incites and the body of the young person,

is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

(2) In this section, "young person" means a person fourteen years of age or more but under the age of eighteen years. [R.S.C. 1985, c.19 (3rd Supp.), s.1.]

----

Whether or not they'll be able to prove it enough for the courts without testimony from the guys involved, I have no idea.