Home opener attendance??

officerfarva

Originally I thought around 14,000 but now I'm gonna bump that up to high 16 to low 17K. For the past few days there weren't any $20 or $52 seats available at all, and there are by far more $52 seats than anything upstairs. Tonight there are a ton of $52 and $20 seats again so I don't think it will be close to sold out, but a nice sized crowd.

They did this last year and screwed themselves, and the fans. The day tickets went on sale, opening night was sold out in minutes for the Crosby show, then the week before the game they released 1500 tickets and failed to tell anyone. People were paying rediculous amounts on Ebay and could have gotten them for face value at the box office the night of the game. Devil fans lose in the end because some didn't go because they thought it was sold out and we look bad because we didn't sell the game out.

Where were you looking for your tickets? Ticketmaster? Because they tend to do that. I don't think it's the team that is releasing more tickets later on, I think it's Ticketmaster.

Nah, it's usually the team. They hold a certain amount of tickets before the season starts for "potential" season and partial season ticket holders. Say you decide a week before the season starts to buy season tickets, no way the Devils are gonna say "ok, but opening night and the four Ranger games are sold out so you can't have them". They hold seats in every price range and slowly release them when they don't sell.

I'll be there in section 216 with my family...you'll be able to pick me out because I'll be the one starting the "Thank you Patty!" chant!!! :D

I think I'll be in 206 (or was it 216). I'll join in the chant regardless! Let Go Devils!!!!!

#21 do you remember what section i said last night?

Edited by Elias26

"And Gionta's 2nd goal of the game at least has brought this very sparse crowd to life" - LeafsTV

Whatever. The crowd was pretty into it most of the game. The third it was crazy. Upstairs was 90-95% full. Downstairs was half empty. Blame the Mets and probably a lot of Titan season ticket holders who didn't show because of the trip on a weeknight or them being Flyer fans. Most of them were given tickets downstairs. Also blame the fact that seats downstairs are $90 and they lost a lot of season ticket holders down there. In the good ol' days when seats downstairs were $35, you couldn't buy a seat downstairs. They were sold out every night to season ticket holders. This is when the team stunk. They'd have crowds of 9,000 and there would be 1,000 people upstairs. Now it's reversed.

"And Gionta's 2nd goal of the game at least has brought this very sparse crowd to life" - LeafsTV

What the hell are they talking about? I've never been to a regular season game with so much energy except for the Stevens night. Probably just bitter that their team squandered the lead so they grab onto a typical stupid Devils cliche.