Game thread: Devils @ Boston 7PM

MadDog2020

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly me, I was caught up in doing other things and forgot there was a game tonight until it was late in the second period...unfortunately it looks as if the Devils forgot there was a game tonight too. :doh1:

Damn it sounds like everyone sucked, I saw the highlights of Clem giving up a couple of softies - though I guess we can't expect more of him playing once every two months and he did make some good saves. Obviously the D sucked and everyone was taking penalties galore. And I guess it was another strange coaching decision or mistake on pulling Clemmy late, I swear Julien's making it hard for me not to join the bashers. Even Ftorek (who I wanted canned in the worst way by the end of '00) didn't make this many tactical goofs.

The two-game losing streak isn't that bad except for what looms ahead over the weekend. Detroit isn't as imposing as they've been in past years but Hasek'll still show up for the showdown with Marty and the Rangers are on one of their hot streaks, having got points in ten out of eleven games and leading Dallas tonight :ph34r:

Edited by Hasan4978

Too many fvcking penalties. Period. End of story. Four Boston goals (the ENG not withstanding)- 3 on the PP. Unacceptable. Clemmensen was by no means great tonight, but you can't expect the guy to bail us out after not playing for 2 months, facing 43 shots, and constantly having his teammates in the box. It was a very uncharacteristic, undisciplined performance, and we deserved the end result. They better have this sh!t taken care of for this weekend. 4 HUGE points on the line, especially with essentially a 4-point game at the Garden Sunday. As I speak, that little twat Lundquist is standing on his head. He has 28 saves in the 2nd period.

Too many fvcking penalties. Period. End of story. Four Boston goals (the ENG not withstanding)- 3 on the PP. Unacceptable. Clemmensen was by no means great tonight, but you can't expect the guy to bail us out after not playing for 2 months, facing 43 shots, and constantly having his teammates in the box. It was a very uncharacteristic, undisciplined performance, and we deserved the end result. They better have this sh!t taken care of for this weekend. 4 HUGE points on the line, especially with essentially a 4-point game at the Garden Sunday. As I speak, that little twat Lundquist is standing on his head. He has 28 saves in the 2nd period.

What happen tonight??? It looks like most of the teams are facing 40 or more shots. Clemmy faced 44 shots, Huet is making 40 saves and counting against the Lightning so far. Lundqvist has faced 30 shots through first 2 periods. Oh my....

Huet has to make 40 saves every game and the Devils always take nights off when Marty's not in net. As for Lundqvist, he's great every time he gets a week off. I guess Renney figured out that he's a 50-55 game a year goalie, every time he plays four or five games in a row he stinks by the end of that stretch and has to be benched a week. Then again I suppose it's easy to get tired with the Rangers' lousy D :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Clemmy needs to play more! That said, I think we win if Marty was in net. :argh: But if Clemmy played more than every couple months, there wouldn't be a problem. With no work, he couldn't save the team from themselves. Marty has trouble doing that, but has a better chance.

I can't believe the march to the penalty box. Unfreaking acceptable. They played piss poor hockey and got their heads handed to them on Boston's sticks. They better get their sh!t together and fast. I hate this bipolar team!

Jesus people, calm down, it's a 2-game slide. We've been in first place 65% of the year, we'll get back there the way the other 4 teams are playing.

Rangers are leading 3-2. Personally, I think the Rangers, Isles and Penguins all have the potential to capture the division crown. The Devils really need to work hard and at least show some discipline, especially with Clemmy in net. Otherwise, a worn-out Brodeur in spring time will haunt us.

I'm still not high on the Pens, other than the big two on offense and Whitney on defense they don't have much. Fleury's okay but he can't stand on his head every night with that D the Pens have. The Isles have grit and Nolan's done an amazing job but I'm not sure they have enough talent to win it over the long haul. The Rangers are still a bit of an enigma, they've been hot lately but will only go as far as their goalies and the big four on offense can take them. But we're an enigma too, win four one week, lose four the next.

Problem is with all this parity there isn't that much difference between winning the division and missing the playoffs.

Edited by Hasan4978

17-11-1-2.

Not bad. Remember last year start season? Its only 2streak looses.. Vs buffalo that was sure(Mb not.) and against Boston, Clem played pretty good But, don't expect the defense to stop every attack.. Don't forget , Devils losted Stevens/Nieds/Daneyko in 3years.. As the season go ahead, I expect the chance to the devils to win the Atlantic divison title+ may be the Second place. I just look at our Divison:

We have the Best goalie.The best defense, and the weakest attack.. But as the season go, i would see this attack growing.

Philadelphie(Ersh, they won't make playoffs this year)

Rangers(Attack is good, but at defense..)

Pittsburgh(Lots of rookies.)

Islanders(Well...)

AHHHH Canadiens won tonitgh.. ADADADASDASDSA(bro and Father will say: HA THE CANADIENS WON TONIGTH! dEVILS LOST!

Marty probably could've had 2 of those goals, but Clemmensen was about as rusty as a goalie can get at the start of the game. He did have some stretches where he played well today under a barrage of quality scoring chances. His play really reminds me of Kirk McLean.

Edited by '7'

Marty probably could've had 2 of those goals, but Clemmensen was about as rusty as a goalie can get at the start of the game. He did have some stretches where he played well today under a barrage of quality scoring chances. His play really reminds me of Kirk McLean.

Rusty is the key word. If they played him a little more often he would be better.

IMO Rafalski had another bad game. I'd like to see Gio step it up as well...