HALE TO FLAMES

officerfarva

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gionta's missed like six or seven games, he'd have to be out a few more to be put on LTIR, I'm sure the Devils don't want to do that till they have to. Of course if they do then Matvichuk can come back immediately and for good I believe.

I'm not sure how much the Devils have saved up, yes the base difference between Matvichuk and Hale for the rest of the year is less than $200k but I don't know how much money the Devils have actually saved. They started with $15,000 of cap room and haven't kept a bare bones roster for the entire season and they did have to call up Greene once and he makes more than minimum. But like someone else said might as well let Lou figure it out.

hale is a great pick up for the flames. he never reached his full potential, and then had the puck to the eye injury that made him miss the first part of the season.

i hope matvichuck is in great shape and ready, hale was at least good to have around for insurance going into the playoffs

No, the way it works is that we only have to have enough space left for Matvichuk's remaining contract. Ergo, Matvichuk making 1.368, can slide in for Hale's 550K, with no problem, because Matvichuk is only due to make about 400-450K more this season.

EDIT - I was kind of hoping Lou would deal Matvichuk - I don't think he fits in for next season. I'd like to see Lukowich back for 2/3, personally, but I guess that just may not be in the cards - I prefer Lukowich's increased mobility.

Explain your math to me -- unless Hale is making 550k for the rest of the season, that has to be incorrect.

I think its obvious or had been obvious to at least a few of us that Hale had not developed and it was time for him to move on.

The return we got for him indicated once again that the barometer on him from teams around the NHL was not high at all.

and played very well. This kid Greene is going to be better than Hale. Greene stays in position and plays D and the PK very well. With Greene or Matvitchuck in the line up there will be no missing Hale. I will take Greene over Hale anyday.

I was very impressed with Greene when he was called up the first time, and I was very impressed with him tonight. He looks better a handful of games into his young career than Hale ever did in 3 years. He looks like he could be a keeper.

I was very impressed with Greene when he was called up the first time, and I was very impressed with him tonight. He looks better a handful of games into his young career than Hale ever did in 3 years. He looks like he could be a keeper.

I concur.

Greene is better than Hale will ever be. Greene is the future of the Devils defense and will be a keeper.

Hale got a puck (or stick) to the eye and never fully recovered his hockey game. It's a real shame.

Eh, he didnt look too much on track even before that. I think its more a culmination of his health issue and a couple of other injuries he had earlier last year. I also think it was because he was a 1st round pick. He clearly wasnt going to develop into the player the Devils saw him developing into when they took him.