GDT: Game 3, Devils vs. Senators (Series Tied 1-1)

Devilsdude530

Why even bother to dress the other 3 forwards if they dont play? Unless Brylin caries the puck, Pando and Madden just dont care about scoring goals, even when we are losing! and our pp has to shoot more! GD!~

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a very forgettable game. You could tell from the beginning that the Devils didn't have it. There wasn't any sustained offensive pressure on Emery, and there was no sense of urgency, especially on the power play and in the last few minutes of the game. I have to think really hard to recall more than a few quality opportunities all game.

Great game by Brodeur; too bad it was spoiled by a non-call. But, after watching for a little while, did anyone seriously think the Devils were going to pull this one off?

Another must win in Game 4. We've been in this situation before...

i'm surprised i'm not as upset as i expected to be. i guess being down 2-1 isn't that scary after TB when the Devils looked much worse.

marty was incredible tonight. it is a shame that the goal he gave up was due to interference but it was still a great shot by pressling.

for those arguing that elias should've played game 1, well now you have an idea of what you would've gotten - a guy playing at 50% with no strength. he can't escape a defensive checker and he's getting knocked off the puck constantly. i applaud him for going out there and i'd still rather him at 50% than moving someone up or adding clarkson in but it's tough when your best offensive player is hurting like that.

the refs were not good for either side tonight.

the ice looked terrible - no excuse for that in ottawa.

rafalski has to get his head out of his ass with some of his decisions.

SHOOT.

Edited by SickMan

We never looked like scoring today.

If we lose the next game im afraid thats it.

But i expect a better effort in the next game.

This is feeling very similar to the Tampa series except were playing better :blink:

It's not easy winning when your "best" player is sick and the refs are playing as the 6th man for the other team. That goal should not have even counted. We played well enough to get the game to overtime. Chalk this one up to sh!tty refs and bettmans hatred for the NJ franchise.

They need to scratch Rupp, Play Rasmussen-Dowd-Clarckson for energy! we have no energy or Absolutely no forechecking, their D easily handles most of our pressure. Zajac Line has been the only line to dent their d. I actualy think they should play Zajac on PK(zajac has been awesome), Madden has been So damn passive, I dont know if he is hurt or tired, he has no legs, and no drive.

i'm surprised i'm not as upset as i expected to be. i guess being down 2-1 isn't that scary after TB when the Devils looked much worse.

marty was incredible tonight. it is a shame that the goal he gave up was due to interference but it was still a great shot by pressling.

for those arguing that elias should've played game 1, well now you have an idea of what you would've gotten - a guy playing at 50% with no strength. he can't escape a defensive checker and he's getting knocked off the puck constantly. i applaud him for going out there and i'd still rather him at 50% than moving someone up or adding clarkson in but it's tough when your best offensive player is hurting like that.

the refs were not good for either side tonight.

the ice looked terrible - no excuse for that in ottawa.

Edited by Hasan4978

Sickman, you're right, and I'm sure others have mentioned it in this thread. Rafalski was hesitant and made some awful decisions tonight.

Overall, gotta give high marks to Ottawa. They'll run 'n' gun you, or they'll shut you down. Tonight, they did a masterful job defensively. Our effort was there, but they had us totally out of sync. It was the first game in a long time that Parise's line was neutralized. For us to win a game like that, we have to win more battles for loose pucks, gain possession. We didn't do it.

Not for nothing, some of those penalties whistled against Ottawa were weak. Just sayin. Our PP couldn't get it done anway, so that's that.

Big shame on the Devils tonight who looked sluggish at times. :angry: Brodeur was the best player on the ice tonight and it was a damn shame he lost tonight because of a bad play which ended up in a goal. :rant: That should have been a penalty. Brodeur was kicked and interfered with on that goal. :argh:

Once again Emery again showed really nothing in this game and I give all the credit to the Ottawa defense who just played well tonight with 18 blocked shots. This Devils need has to put more on emery who again looked shaky in Game 3. Just not enough of shots and pucks thrown on him. This game could of went either way and of course the bounces and luck went against the Devils and Brodeur. The Devils Pp tonight was pathetic going 0-5 and I am really disgusted right now as the Devils just let this game go by the waist side IMO. Brodeur has played better than Emery and especially tonight and lost. Just a bad break and it won't happen in game 4. Devils to tie up the series 2-2 going back home for Game 5 with the home ice. Brodeur should have been the #1 star tonight as he was simply the best tonight but nothing to show for it. Just a shame. Emery can and will be beat. He has showed really nothing in this series and has been lucky and fortunate at times. Unbelievable. :doh1:

Devils to come out in Game 4 and get the win! :evil:

They better and must win Game 4. Just very disgusted right now over this game. :puke:

It's not easy winning when your "best" player is sick and the refs are playing as the 6th man for the other team. That goal should not have even counted. We played well enough to get the game to overtime. Chalk this one up to sh!tty refs and bettmans hatred for the NJ franchise.

I don't know why everyone's so hung up on the Emery shutout. Anyone that watched the game knows that Emery did not outplay Marty, who gives a flying fig whether Emery got an easy shutout or a hard shutout. Point is we didn't muster much of an attack on Emery and we have to figure out how to break the Ottawa defensive lockdown in Game 4.

I don't know why everyone's so hung up on the Emery shutout. Anyone that watched the game knows that Emery did not outplay Marty, who gives a flying fig whether Emery got an easy shutout or a hard shutout.

Yeah, we've seen plenty of games like that over the years ... in our favor. Gotta just find a way, if possible, like you say.