NBC Gets Burned with NFL Championship Games

Devilsdude530

Come on, it's not the NFL to blame, it's clearly NBC & the NHL to blame. Everybody expected New England to be as good as they are, so why is Boston scheduled that day.

Again, whatever, rangers rule the network telecasts. But why blame the NFL?

Why on earth would NBC try and compete against the NFL? There is no way you can win that battle. Even me being a WAY more of a hockey fan will watch the football games. I will DVR the hockey game since i know there is no way I am finding out the score to that at the bar.

Jimmy the Leafs are beyond pathetic to the point it's not even funny now to laugh at them

as for the NHL, they should not schedule any US hockey games against the NFL... PERIOD and it's even double dumb to do so during the playoff Sundays (now Saturday Night I understand and you are rolling the dice)... but football Sunday... especially this Sunday... there will be more people in the bar watching football then maybe watching this NHL game across the country....

it's almost like they WANT the hockey to fail

As if Anaheim-Dallas would get big ratings anyway? The NY-Boston game doesn't affect the NY market too much since the Giants play at 6:30 and the hockey game starts at what, 2?

NBC shouldn't even bother with Sunday games until at least the week between the Conference Championship and Super Bowl.

Probably not for a few reasons. For one the 1pm start (the obviouse pushback start) is an NBC game exclusive timeslot. The only game that can be played then is the NBC game unless it isn't televised locally. Secondly the Leafs play Saturday night (like they do every week) and that may mean the earliest the game can be played is the 5pm start that it is orginally schedule for.

So unfortunatly the game may not be able to be moved up. THat means it is going to be one empty arena.