GDT: NEW JERSEY @ Toronto Maple Leafs- 3/4/08 7:30 p.m

eaglejelly

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice solid win by the Devils! :koolaid: Brodeur was again spectacular in goal and nice to see the PPG by Parise. Gionta is also on a nice roll here scoring 4 goals in the last 6 games. Elias had a stong game and it was good to see the Devils breakout with four goals which I said they would score. Devils keeping pace in the division and in the EC with the win. Three wins in three meetings with Toronto. Keep it going on Friday.

Too bad the Penguins won tonight 2-0 over TB. :saddevil:

damn you guys need to get a grip on fair refeering. Brookbank basically punched Newbury in the head several times. That was an easy call.

Good game, good win - it helps that Toronto is terrible.

Edited by SickMan

great win tonight. colin white had a big game. my man brookbank had a nice game too.

i'd like to keep this defense, except switch mottau with VV and obviously martin with brookbank(even though he played well tonight). i think that would be the best six guys to send out.

let's keep it going against TB.

Yeah 2 minutes for roughing would have been just fine. So what if Brookbank threw more then one punch? It wasn't like he was cutting the guys head off. How many times have you seen the same type of play where a player knows he is going to get the penalty and throws a couple of extra shots in there. 4 minutes for roughing just seems a bit excessive. Whatever the case if Brookbank deserved 4 minutes for his roughing then Komisarek should have been suspended for 5 games for the face mugging he gave Langs on Saturday. I don't even think the fvcker got 2 minutes for that crap he pulled.

Decent game tonight....although we all probably wish we didn't have to wait late into the 3rd to breath normally as fans.

Nice that Clarkson remembers that not every goal must coincide with some kind of toedrag or wraparound.

The Leafs announces did murder all the Devils Player pronounciations. One to add to the list:

Moto....

Made me think of Mr. Moto or some type of Jame Bond villian.

Still worries me though that Marty is having to make saves in the 40 range... :unsure:

Edited by DevilinLA

Aye, a sh!tty defensive effort, and not enough possession the likes of which we saw during their streaks.

The Clarkson-Brylin-Zajac is like...well wtf is that line for? I know Clarkson scored but still, seems like the most useless line ever.

Clarkson really needs to calm down on his showy sh!t and work on completing passes.

It's been the same with the Mottau/White pairing for the last few weeks now. They are both lunky guys, who can't make the first pass/clear the puck. It's going to be a big big problem. White-Oduya, Salvador-Martin...are prob the best that's going to happen...unless you'd think to leave Martin-Oduya, and pair White-Salvador together.

Zubrus with only 8:59 ice time. Maybe Sutter scratches him next game and puts Pelley in to send a msg?

That is Sutter's style, but I don't think that's the answer... What Zubrus needs is Daniel Briere and Chris Drury and then he'll be fine.

It's been the same with the Mottau/White pairing for the last few weeks now. They are both lunky guys, who can't make the first pass/clear the puck. It's going to be a big big problem. White-Oduya, Salvador-Martin...are prob the best that's going to happen...unless you'd think to leave Martin-Oduya, and pair White-Salvador together.

I think they are hoping Salvador >= White, which looks improbable, and then maybe they'd adjust the pairs.

I really feel in the playoffs, were going to see Martin-White against the other team's best.... put your best against theirs kind of thing.

Martin-White

Oduya-Brookbank or Rachunek

Mattau-Salvador

Greene = #8

VV= #9

Brookbank is playing himself ahead of Rachunek, IMHO.... and if Rachunek was more accurate with that shot, he might be worth the risk for the PP.

That is Sutter's style, but I don't think that's the answer... What Zubrus needs is Daniel Briere and Chris Drury and then he'll be fine.
Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Zubrus' Buffalo numbers weren't all that impressive. What he really needs is Ovechkin, as none of his numbers outside of the two years he played with Ovechkin are anything special. His Devil numbers are pretty much in line with his non-Ovechkin years, minus the missed games due to injury.

That was my point.... but more accurately stated.