GDT - New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils Game TWO [7:00PM EST]

Confusious

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could be down 3 games to none to those blue sons of bitches and I will take it to my grave that we should be beating those fvckers. I'll give the Rangers some credit for making the big plays thus far but there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this series is being lost more by the Devils then it is being won by the Rangers.

you know which teams i really hated? 96-99. i hated steve thomas. i hated bill guerin. i hated bobby holik as the #1 center. i hate lyle goddamn odelein. i hated those f_cking bullsh!t teams.

this team? ehh.....they're on the edge of being great. they're really close to being a great playoff team. just 1 or 2 players away......

Another nightmare game where the Devils had no bounces or luck in this game. Their PP is flat out terrible and they just need to keep shooting instead of all the passing tonight. Devils were the better team again tonight but the NYR got all the bounces and the luck tonight. Lundqvist has to be the luckiest goalie in the league right now. He didn't know where half of those Devils shots were going.

Avery is a fvcking jerkoff along with Gomez and the referees. Madden didn't want to leave the ice when the game ended and he really told off the refs especially Dave Jackson for blowing a lot of calls in this game. Just a really bad night with fighting with these NYR scumbag fans thinking 2-games wins them the series. What a bunch of tools they were and had a brawl on the concourse and it lead outside on Mulberry St. These NYR fans have to realize it takes FOUR wins and not TWO. This series is not over yet and now the Devils are really pissed and Game 3 will be the Devils playing pissed off and bounce back for a win or they want to go home early this spring if they lose Game 3. I want to see this team bounce back and looking forward to going to Game 3 at MSG! Devils have their backs to the wall right now and I expect to see them coming out fighting in Game 3 to get the win.

"Again, like a broken record, we played well for most of the game. One goes in that normally doesn't, and we have a mental lapse and they score again. We fought hard, showed some character to get one at the end but it was too little, too late."

Langs quote from the post game.

I don't know. I happen to think our current captain has got a pretty good feel of what's going on with this team. Only problem is that nobody is doing anything to fix it.

We could be down 3 games to none to those blue sons of bitches and I will take it to my grave that we should be beating those fvckers. I'll give the Rangers some credit for making the big plays thus far but there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this series is being lost more by the Devils then it is being won by the Rangers.

Greene and Salvador needs to sit and the Devils have to put in Vishnevski for Game 3 to hit these sons of bitches into next week. Sutter just needs to make some changes for game 3. Cannot have the same line up for Game 3 IMO.

This team is so difficult to watch play hockey that it makes me wish there was a way they could be swept in 3.....

This might be the most accurate thing I've read in here in ages.

I know that there is a lot of venting/frustration here and I'm with everyone on that. The refs sucked, we have scoring issues, etc. However, we consistently make the playoffs which indicates to me that we are lucky fans who get to watch more good hockey games then bad. Yes, this has been a "rough" year using Devils standards.

It stinks to be down to the Rangers (of all teams) in the first round.

Now my two cents, the Devils are a team build around defense first. I know we have scoring problems, but for me part of that problem starts with the defense. Although this statement is a slight overslimplification, even our forwards are schooled to play defense first and capatilize on the other team's mistakes. I get annoyed at the mistakes made by our defense but also think we have been spoiled and need to understand and some of these guys nned to get more experience and grow. I think Oduya is a perfect example of this working, I'm not saying he's perfect is now solid and plays his role well. I have no problem if we take a couple years to really concentrate on developing a young defense core that we allow to stay together.

I know people will say this isn't really just a young core that needs time, and others will want immediate fixes. However, I'm with the team (and Lou) becuase they have proven in the past to put together a team that consisently makes the playoffs. As a fan, I also like a team that has a consistent group of players for me to get to watch and grow. That's why I'm a Devils fan and will take these "bad years" over quick fixes and having a revolving door of players leading to a "great" team one year and an average team the next year.

With all of these ref problems and scoring problems, this series is not over. We OWNED the Rangers for almost all of this game, and the few 2-on-1 breaks they had the defense held on. Our D played great overall. The Rangers scored two goals that swung the momentum (again), and were able to hold on through some more BS calls. I'm sick and tired of the refs taking a game out of reach for us. but if we keep up this effort, the Rangers will get tired. Henry will get tired. We can do it. Maybe a change of atmosphere will help the Devils.

All I know is that in those last two minutes--save for the bad calls--were really good desperation hockey. Let's bring that out at the garden. And score 3+.