GDT - Devils at NY Rangers 7 PM; Game 4

NJDevs4978

exactly, and people are all like oh yeah ur players suck.

its the coaches job to work on wat they need to as a team.

Are you kidding me? It's Sutter's job to tell them to clear the fvcking puck out of the zone? They learned that in mite hockey. Give me a god damn break. It's not Sutter's fault.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A fitting end to the game and probably the series. Too sloppy, too half-hearted an effort mentally and physically and they're the better team anyway. Can't come out half-assed and expect to win.

Has pretty much sums it up.

They clear their zone. We don't get goals when everyone is dog tired. They do. That's making them better. If you want to look at it that it's not making them better, it's making us worse, then go for that argument - the results are the same.

I agree cleaning up our mistakes would give us a better chance of winning but this team has played like this all year long. Won't change just because we want it to.

What? This team hasn't played like this at all this year. When's the last time the Devils lost when they scored 3 goals in a game?

We got all the calls and we still found a way to lose. The bottom line is they are a better team and like it or not...Marty Brodeur just can`t come up huge in the playoffs anymore or so it seems.

The main problem was FAILURE TO CLEAR THE ZONE when we had the chance. Parise with a lazy rush to clear when he had a lot of time let to the third goal. Elias with the failure to clear led to the 4th goal. Each time as it happened I said to myself that this was going to cost us a goal.

This was a game that was given to us and we seemed to let up after we tied each time...except after the third goal.

Brodeur has to have that 4th goal, lazy clear or not. Instead the series is basically over. As of now there is nothing else to say except the Rangers are the better team.

Edited by devilsrule33

see, i personally think weve outplayed them in almost every game in the playoff series. but were giving them up with careless mistakes.

we have the potential to do it, but its a matter of can we win the next 3 games.

and even if we do lose, though i think we can win, they didnt sweep us like we swept them.

Tough one - the Devils looked like they had a good shot to walk out of a game they had no business winning with a W. The Rangers outplayed New Jersey most of the game, but the Devils were actually taking advantage of all their opportunities.

Some of the decisions Sutter made are confusing - Zubrus on the 4th line, Rupp out with 4 minutes left to go - but this was just a tough loss - some bad turnovers and the puck seemed to end up in the net every time it happened.

It's Sutter's fault the players look confused and don't backcheck. It's his "system." At least now Devils are not "boring," with all those odd-man rushes against.

bingo. as i said earlier in the year he is dismantling everything that made this franchise great.

Edited by Beetlebum

What? This team hasn't played like this at all this year. When's the last time the Devils lost when they scored 3 goals in a game?

holy sh!t, werent the devils 36-2-2 when scoring 3 goals during the season

i rmmbr that

GAME 5

kill avery

kill gomez

run over Lundqvist

Edited by DEVILS>Rangers

Are you kidding me? It's Sutter's job to tell them to clear the fvcking puck out of the zone? They learned that in mite hockey. Give me a god damn break. It's not Sutter's fault.

i know its not his job to teach them it, but theyre not getting it to clear! he had to work with them on it if theyre not gunna do it on thier.

and i love how u quote my post about sutter and not the one who brought him up.

That's not the point I'm making. The point is this team has to do everything well to beat a better then average team and if they don't give a maximum effort then they don't win, be it 2-0 or 4-3. They cannot win on superior talent anymore.

It's Sutter's fault the players look confused and don't backcheck. It's his "system." At least now Devils are not "boring," with all those odd-man rushes against.

Is it his fault Langs never backchecks. Elias does it , Parise does it. Sutter cant make anyone do anything its just will that Langs isnt showing

That's not the point I'm making. The point is this team has to do everything well to beat a better then average team and if they don't give a maximum effort then they don't win, be it 2-0 or 4-3. They cannot win on superior talent anymore.

agree 100%, they have wat the need, its a matter of concentration, and getting the goals, and keeping goals out.

Seriously, I know the team had its problems, and I know it wasn't by any stretch of the imagination Marty's fault. But really, where has the clutch 40-save in the playoff Marty gone? If anyone can find him, please give him the directions to the new stadium.

thought the same thing. i think it is worth its own post. i started a thread in Hell....

Basically it boiled down to we make lots of huge mistakes normally in the form of turn overs either in our end or the neutral zone and they have a strong transition game. We had a huge change to win when we tied it up I mean I was amazed I seriously thought it was over in the second the rangers were scrambling and we we're all over them then we let up and let them regroup and come back at us. How sad was it to watch us tie the game 3 times this game and lose the tie all three times? I really don't see us pulling off some miracle come back here kids. Lets be glad we saved some face by avoiding a sweep and look forward to next year.