Judge Orders Arrest of Ken Daneyko

thefiestygoat

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/05/j..._of_former.html

An Essex County judge has ordered the arrests of former New York Giant Bart Oates and former New Jersey Devil Kenneth Daneyko for their repeated failure to show up for depositions in a real estate lawsuit, an attorney said today.

Superior Court Judge Michael Giles issued the arrest order April 25 after finding the two retired players in civil contempt for missing four scheduled depositions, said attorney Bruce Nagel of Roseland.

Nagel said the depositions relate to a judgement against the players for their failure to repay half of a $300,000 real-estate loan.

That really sucks. Always hate to see one of your heroes get arrested. How serious is this offense?

I met Daneyko's family back in January, couldn't of happened to a nicer guy or family :( I feel bad.

Would have been cool to see Newark police take Dano out during his segment at the Goal bar ... :boogie:

Hilarious! The uncomfortable silence as Cangilosi tries to throw it to Dano who is being fitted for cuffs. I would laugh, and feel bad and then laugh again.

Show up for your court appointments dummy!

I had the same thought as others that this was going to be alcohol related. I wonder why he decided not to show up in court.

Must have been sleeping it off.

I agree. When I saw the headline I would have bet it was alcohol related.

Shame on me.

I was guilty of the same. I hope this is just something of a misunderstanding, lack of communication, or whatever, that can be taken care of.

Well that stinks. I have a puck sent to him and I'm waiting for him to sign it. Now, who knows how long I have to wait.

It does stink to see one of your favorite players in trouble with the law. I hope he gets off light.

Add me to the list of people who thought alcohol upon seeing the headline.

Would have been cool to see Newark police take Dano out during his segment at the Goal bar ... :boogie:
Hilarious! The uncomfortable silence as Cangilosi tries to throw it to Dano who is being fitted for cuffs. I would laugh, and feel bad and then laugh again.

Show up for your court appointments dummy!

Did I miss a board-wide crack distribution? :unsure:

Great news, it looks like Dano will be fine...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/05/r...ee_to_appe.html

Faced with warrants for their arrest, former New York Giant Bart Oates and former New Jersey Devil Ken Daneyko agreed today to appear at an attorney's office next week for depositions in a real estate lawsuit.

Both former athletes said they never disputed that they owed Short Hills investor Cary Heller $150,000 and that their failure to appear for depositions in Heller's lawsuit was a misunderstanding.

Daneyko said the dispute was purely business and that the two retired athletes and a third partner, J. Michael Gallagher, fully intended to pay off the debt.

He said he was not even aware that he had missed depositions and was surprised Heller went so far as to seek their arrest.

"It's because of our names," Daneyko said. "I was blind-sided by this."

Great news, it looks like Dano will be fine...

Thank God. Daneyko's salt.

14 years ago, I went to this Chinese restaurant with my family in West Caldwell off Bloomfield Ave. (Ko'Shing) We sit down for dinner, in walks Ken Daneyko with his wife. My Brother and I were completely star struck, we were talking to him and staring at him through the whole meal. (I was 13) He was never bothered by the attention, talked to us the entire time. After we were done he happily signed autographs for us.

Just a nice story I thought I'd share