GDT: Atlanta Thrashers @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET, MSG+ 2

nmigliore

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CBC pointed out that nothing touched Brodeur's elbow in the minutes leading up to him leaving the ice. "If he bruised his elbow then he bruised it against thin air".

Ron MacLean said that a sore elbow is a terrible injury because it limits your ability to..... ahh.... drink beer.

I have to say, I really enjoy interviews with Weekes.... you can tell he really appreciates every chance he gets to play and he's very well-spoken and to the point.

He doesn't suck as a goalie either

I agree, you can just tell he is a really intelligent hockey player. But of course I'm very anxious to hear the severity of Brodeur's injury. I've never seen so many injuries occur so rapidly for any team. There's an injury every other game. Someone's gotta get rid of the bad luck.

CBC pointed out that nothing touched Brodeur's elbow in the minutes leading up to him leaving the ice. "If he bruised his elbow then he bruised it against thin air".

Ron MacLean said that a sore elbow is a terrible injury because it limits your ability to..... ahh.... drink beer.

I think he fell on it the wrong way.

There really was nothing that made contact with his arm to injure it. But he really stretched his arm on that wide shot, so maybe he pulled something. The other thing is that, like some have already said, one of the previous games, he was shaken up by a shot to his arm. I could be wrong, but I think the shot hit his glove side arm.

Anyway, Great game by the devils, and it looked like a pretty nice size crowd today. I wonder if discounted tickets had something to do with it.

Edited by The Facepainter

There really was nothing that made contact with his arm to injure it. But he really stretched his arm on that wide shot, so maybe he pulled something.

That is what I was thinking. But that's because I pulled a muscle last Sunday making the EXACT same sweeping arm motion that Marty did trying to catch that puck (though I was trying to wash my neck, not make a save). Today is the first day in a week that I've had full motion in my neck. So personally, that was the first thing that came to my mind - muscle pull.

It could be a bruised elbow from a previous shot or previous fall. But CBC is right ... in the minutes leading up to his leaving the game there wasn't much that could have CAUSED a bruised elbow.

1. On Brodeur... his body language hinted knee or a leg... but whatever...

2. this one really pisses me off and I mean it... and I called people out for it at the game because it's a disgrace on both the team AND the fans...

Brodeur gets hurt... they have a stopage... Brodeur is NOT moving... all of a sudden.. loud music blasts and the asshat T-Shirt guy comes out all jumping and running around like a fvcking MORON is Section 210... um... HELLO... YOUR FRANCHISE IS LAID OUT ON THE ICE AND COULD BE DONE FOR SOME SERIOUS TIME... maybe you should skip the PUMP UP THE CROWD SEGMENT!!!!

and ok... if this isn't bad enough... if you were one of the idiot fans too stupid and infatuated with a jersey of this sweaty disgrace's chunky-sized body... LEAVE THE ARENA ... NEVER COME BACK AND NEVER WATCH A SPORT AGAIN... you're an embarrassment to sports fans EVERYWHERE... yes I am hard on him and he plays WAY too much... but we WIN NOTHING without this guy (and it's why I want him RESTED and READY for April, May and *gasp* JUNE)... the LEAST YOU COULD DO IS PAY THE GUY RESPECT AND AT LEAST MAKE SURE HE'S OK BEFORE YOU PANDER THE RATED R-TARD FOR A fvckING $10 T-SHIRT!!!!!! I was made physically ILL by this!!!!

no icons... no smileys... this was a DISGRACE!!!!!!

Brodeur gets hurt... they have a stopage... Brodeur is NOT moving... all of a sudden.. loud music blasts and the asshat T-Shirt guy comes out all jumping and running around like a fvcking MORON is Section 210... um... HELLO... YOUR FRANCHISE IS LAID OUT ON THE ICE AND COULD BE DONE FOR SOME SERIOUS TIME... maybe you should skip the PUMP UP THE CROWD SEGMENT!!!!

and ok... if this isn't bad enough... if you were one of the idiot fans too stupid and infatuated with a jersey of this sweaty disgrace's chunky-sized body... LEAVE THE ARENA ... NEVER COME BACK AND NEVER WATCH A SPORT AGAIN... you're an embarrassment to sports fans EVERYWHERE... yes I am hard on him and he plays WAY too much... but we WIN NOTHING without this guy (and it's why I want him RESTED and READY for April, May and *gasp* JUNE)... the LEAST YOU COULD DO IS PAY THE GUY RESPECT AND AT LEAST MAKE SURE HE'S OK BEFORE YOU PANDER THE RATED R-TARD FOR A fvckING $10 T-SHIRT!!!!!! I was made physically ILL by this!!!!

I was in 109 tonight and was amazed most people in the section were watching T shirt guy and seemed unaware of Marty's plight. I was wondering how long would it take for people to realize that Brodeur wasn't in there even with the announcement.

Btw it took the PA announcer 5 minutes into the third before the announcment was made that the backup was in for the Thrashers. (Though he did have a lot of goals and penalties to announce at the beginning of the period.)