GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Detroit Red Wings - 7PM ET, MSG+ 2

nmigliore

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2008020201

Weeks faces a daunting task on Saturday. New Jersey - making its first appearance at Joe Louis since 2005 - is seeking its first win in Detroit since a 2-0 victory on Nov. 6, 1996, when Brodeur stopped 36 shots. The Devils have dropped seven straight road games to the Red Wings since then.

Weekes is 0-6-0 with one tie and a 4.60 goals-against average versus the Wings. In three starts in Detroit, he's allowed 15 goals.

"Obviously the best goalie in the world is no longer here right now," Weekes said. "We certainly miss him, but our strength is in numbers. We have to continue to believe that."

Weekes and the Devils hope to catch the defending Cup champions off guard as Detroit (8-2-2) returns to the ice for the first time since a 3-2 win over Vancouver on Sunday.

This is a big game for the Devils vs. the SCC. It is somewhat of a measuring stick for the Devils even though they are without Brodeur, Rolston, Holik, Greene, Martin and P3L. It is just a big test for these Devils and just hope they can come out with a win. Weekes will be tested in this game as Detroit can score goals.

Get the win Devils. Get er done.

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!! :evil:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=281108005

The New Jersey Devils had been unable to record a win in their last seven visits to Joe Louis Arena, even with a four-time Vezina Trophy winner in net for five of those games.

"Everybody is talking about Marty being down," said Devils forward Patrik Elias, who had a goal and an assist in regulation and also scored in the shootout. "In here, we have to focus on what we have. Weekes has done a great job the last couple of games. Even when they scored first on the shootout, he stayed with it. That showed good poise on his part."

Weeks faces a daunting task on Saturday. New Jersey -- making its first appearance at Joe Louis since 2005 -- is seeking its first win in Detroit since a 2-0 victory on Nov. 6, 1996, when Brodeur stopped 36 shots. The Devils have dropped seven straight road games to the Red Wings since then.

Edited by SatansDevils

Booo its 12am at night.. do people really care that much for a preview? Go Devils, 'nuff said.

Good job lol. We are written off here, let's hope the Wings come out with the same attitude and we leave the Joe with 2 pts :koolaid:

Maybe Weekes can do to Tomas "goalie interference"Holmstrom what Mike Smith (Tampa Bay Goalie) did to Aaron "goalie interference wannabe" Voros :whistling:

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Not trying to be a wet blanket again...but...

One of these days, copying such a large percentage (i.e. half the article) of an article is going to get this site in trouble, regardless of the included link.

LastOne - you did it properly!! :dance:

Booo its 12am at night.. do people really care that much for a preview? Go Devils, 'nuff said.

Maybe we should get back to starting these things at a reasonable time, then?

It's 5 AM on the day of a November game that doesn't even start for 14 more hours yet... and there's already 11 posts in the GDT. Either we're the most dedicated fans ever or we have no lives. :P

It's 5 AM on the day of a November game that doesn't even start for 14 more hours yet... and there's already 11 posts in the GDT. Either we're the most dedicated fans ever or we have no lives. :P

I have no life.

I don't know what this means. Probably nothing. But I had a really f'd up dream last night that there was a strange collision near the Devils net and someone's skate went flying into the air and hit Weeks in the back of the head, knocking him out cold. The resulting concussion was going to keep him out for months and we had to go with Clemmenson for several months...... I don't remember anything more of this nightmare and I'll stop eating spicy food before going to bed.

(FYI - I like Scott, just wouldn't want him to be our starter for 4 months...)

Edited by Don

I wanted to keep my streak going and was afraid someone else would make it and break it :P

And DinLA thats why i didnt post the preview

I don't know what this means. Probably nothing. But I had a really f'd up dream last night that there was a strange collision near the Devils net and someone's skate went flying into the air and hit Weeks in the back of the head, knocking him out cold. The resulting concussion was going to keep him out for months and we had to go with Clemmenson for several months...... I don't remember anything more of this nightmare and I'll stop eating spicy food before going to bed.

(FYI - I like Scott, just wouldn't want him to be our starter for 4 months...)

Actually the Devils would not go with Clemmensen.. Im 100% sure Lou would go out and acquire a goalie.. if Weekes were to be out for a long period of time

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Not trying to be a wet blanket again...but...

One of these days, copying such a large percentage (i.e. half the article) of an article is going to get this site in trouble, regardless of the included link.

LastOne - you did it properly!! :dance:

:doh1:

and so did I DevlinLA. Not even half the article is mentioned and there is a link for the rest. So now you can stop mentioning about getting in trouble here on every GDT about posting articles. I think most do get it by now. :)

LETS GO DEVILS!!! :koolaid:

Edited by SatansDevils

:doh1:

and so did I DevlinLA. Not even half the article is mentioned and there is a link for the rest. So now you can stop mentioning about getting in trouble here on every GDT about posting articles. I think most do get it by now. :)

LETS GO DEVILS!!! :koolaid:

Click your link....you have 1/2 the page post including the stats!!!!

I wouldn't even bring it up if people like yourself didn't keep doing it!

mngiliore got the idea.....and fixed it. We can all click the link.

Like I said its going to be an issue someday and it won't be you that has go through the site and clear all the entries.

Simply posting the "link" doesn't get you off the hook, its the amount of content. Anyone "checking", by glancing at your post is going to question that amount of content. There is a marked difference between what you posted and Lastone.

BTW, for those who may say "who cares" or wonder why I'm being such a "watchdog".... I have a student in one of my classes whose Ducks Forum Site (I know, I know) was shut down recently due the very same issue. Now he must cleanse the site before it can go live again in addition to a fine....and its a 1st time violation.

Seriouslly, the question remains whether you're going to take it personally (which was not my intention)and turn this into a post debate, or do the right thing.

Edited by DevilinLA

Like I said its going to be an issue someday and it won't be you that has go through the site and clear all the entries.

Simply posting the "link" doesn't get you off the hook, its the amount of content. Anyone "checking", by glancing at your post is going to question that amount of content. There is a marked difference between what you posted and Lastone.

Seriouslly, the question remains whether you're going to take it personally (which was not my intention)and turn this into a post debate, or do the right thing.

Like I said, it seems like so much work, why is it even posted? I never knew that was such a crave for NHL.com previews.. even if there was, they could just go view it themselves (not that hard.. NHL.com > click the NJ/DET preview at the top where the scores display).. to hold back from all of this copyright nonsense

Edited by nmigliore

BTW, for those who may say "who care's" or wonder why I'm being such a "watchdog".... I have a student in one of my classes whose Ducks Forum Site (I know, I know) was shut down recently due the very same issue. Now he must cleanse the site before it can go live again in addition to a fine....and its a 1st time violation.

not personal at all and this is the first time I did a link in the GDT, so don't know where you get "keep doing it."

It has been corrected for you and the protection of the site. :)

not personal at all and this is the first time I did a link in the GDT, so don't know where you get "keep doing it."

It has been corrected for you and the protection of the site. :)

I wasn't saying the "same person", just that different people seem to repeat the same mistake.

Thank you.... I know you do truly care (no sarcasm).

Edited by DevilinLA