GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Coorslight

03.jpg

Hmm let's see...The devil or baby penguins, I think we know the outcome.

Expected Line-up:

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Pandolfo-Rupp-Clarkson

Tallackson-Vrana-Brookbank

Salvador-Martin

White-Oduya

Salmela-Mottau

Clemmensen

Weekes

Scratches:

Greene

Rolston

Holik

Brodeur

Madden

My can of sardines

Sun tan lotion

Clarkson successful wrap around attempts

Oduya falling down

White's good eye :whistling:

Chuck The Duck (Remains a mystery)

Last 5 game recap (Because we only care about winning!):

11-15-2008 Devils 6, Capitals 5 (F/SO)

11-20-2008 Devils 3, Panthers 1 (F)

11-21-2008 Devils 5, Islanders 2 (F)

11-23-2008 Devils 7, Lightning 3 (F)

11-26-2008 Devils 3, Panthers 2 (F/OT)

REMINDER: Tonight's game is a 7:30 PM start time!

The New Jersey Devils travel from beautiful sunny Florida to the Antarctic and take on the fuzzy little penguins. These guys are so cute it just makes you want to kick them. I saw this documentary where they walked really really really far to breed, then the girl penguin goes somewhere to do something while the guy penguin takes care of the egg. Then the guy penguin lets his egg fall and the baby is born all dumb and stuff. He can't sing worth a damn but can dance and was exiled. I think maybe I'm getting a couple of movies mixed together in all that but you get the gist. Penguins are cute but really dumb and slow.

Well that was the movies and these are the Pittsburgh Penguins. A much tougher team with stars like Cindy...err...Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. The Penguins are coming off a loss last night verse the Buffalo Sabers and will be looking to rebound tonight against the Devils. The Penguins have won 9 out of 11 games this November and will look to capitalize on the injured Devils tonight to make it 10 out of 12.

New Jersey has won their last 5 games and look to be getting comfortable with their current line up. Madden will be a scratch again tonight but they will get back Mottau after his two game suspension. Tonight will truely test the Devils as they have a much tougher schedule ahead of them to start December then they had ending November.

Game Prediction Picture:

72213608.jpg

Game Day Prediction Count:

Chico bashes the Ref's without actually saying it-14

Chico says "Awww Doc you know I was just gonna say...."-9

Chico says "Doc I was just talking to _______ this morning and..."3

Doc sticks up for the goalie in Chico's name-4

Doc personalizes a corner of the ice after a players name (I.E. the Oduya corner)-21

Doc mentions food so Chico doesn't have to-2

New GDT Picture Mascot:

njbind.jpg

Useless picture for this thread:

club_penguin_penguins.jpg

I think that's Crosby playing the guitar...stupid hippie!

NEW FUN FOR THIS EDITION!!! GAMES!!!

Hit the penguin make him bleed.

Less violent way of hitting a penguin, less blood.

Shoot the penguin.

:koolaid: :koolaid: LET'S GO DEVILS!!! :koolaid: :koolaid:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great GDT there Coorslight! :koolaid: Nicely done again with the funny pics and links.

The drive for six. Hopefully this will be the Devils 6th win in a row. This is going to be a tough game for the Devils, but hopefully they will be ready for this one. Devils already beat Pittsburgh this season and look to make it their 2nd in a row over them. No Madden but Mottau is back off his 2-game suspension.

Devils need to take care of the PP and the PK in this game to win as we all know Pittsburgh can score and score often. Clemmensen needs to hang in there and play solid like he has been during this winning streak. Shut down Crosby and Malkin (easier said then done) and Pittsburgh will have a hard time winning.

Get the win Devils and get er done! :koolaid:

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!!! :evil:

I am very interested in this game as I hope the Devils can destroy the Penguins. As a Devils fan we are all but "taught" to dislike the Rangers, but for me there is no greater team I like to dislike.

Reasons the Penguins need to be punished...

1. Crosby -The whinning, crying, and tantrums this kid pulls are beyond anything that should be allowed. Anyone see him swat at the goal after the play was called dead in the Buffalo vs Pissburgh game on Friday the 28th of November?

The guy is fragile so the Devils need to hammer him. Sure the Penguins will probably dress Goddard which adds no offense with him so that should help too.

My favourite moment last season for him when he was asked in game 6 of the finals, "How much ice time do you see this evening." Now most players would say, "whatever the coach tells me." Crosby goes out and says, "whatever it takes to win..." Guess even that wasn't enough. But in all seriousness the kid tells the coach when he is going to play? I kinda' don't doubt it happens, but what a bunch of crap. If it ever came down to it... I'd take Ovechkin at 50% versus Crosby in his prime. I'm really unimpressed by him.

2. Malkin -Can you say down-syndrome? Look at this guy whose mouth hangs open and drool all but drips out. He only knows how to play on one side of the blueline and I recently heard him called a powerfoward... Must've made a mistake.

3. How the heck did the Penguins get three of the top three draft picks over the last four years? Fleury, Malkin and Crosby were all picked quite high. Tell me how convenient that is.... Gary Bettman was so upset that the Red Wings won the cup and not pissburgh it showed last season.

4. Mario Lemieux the worst hockey player I have ever had the priveledge to somewhat meeting. The guy actually exited a different exit than the rest of the players to avoid fans when he played. He and Tom Bara$$hole both left out of a secret exit at Melon arena and actually ran from the small group of us who probably suprised him. One kid had cancer... hmm... what goes around comes around? Big Mario was a great player, I'll give him that, but more than half the game he looked like he was coasting out there on the ice. Then at some point he would suddenly decide, enough I'm tired of playing around, time to win this. Then we'd see Mario skate down the ice with some kind of move that brought you out of your seat.

However, now that he has retired and become part owner, he wants to be very personable towards fans. Hmm... what happened to "DICK" Mario? Did he disappear or was he shown to be nicer now that he is in control? I'd bet on the second of the two.

Just some opinions that several people believe in here in PA. Go Devils, I hope the Penguins lose BIG.

Let's Go Devils!!!!

Tonight will be a true test of our backup goaltending prowess. Further, If we don't assert our presence by playing physical defense and finishing our checks, we will be taken advantage of. Scoring the first goal will go a long way in giving our guys the confidence to finish the game strong. Hopefully with the winning streak on our side, we can muster enough confidence and talent to pull this one off.

Lets go Devils! :evil:

P.S. Coorslight, keep up the fantastic work with the GDTs!

Edited by Biggie B

Bloody Penguin

746 on third try hitting the penguin...I got lucky hitting 5 or 6 mines.

796 is new high score

812 and I hit a line drive that a mine on the first two bounces and should have caught the 3rd one.

925...this is addictive

No Blood

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

746 on third try hitting the penguin...I got lucky hitting 5 or 6 mines.

796 is new high score

812 and I hit a line drive that a mine on the first two bounces and should have caught the 3rd one.

925...this is addictive

1009 ftw

awesome GDT Coorslight, keep it up!

Let's Go Devils!