GDT Penguins @ Devils 7PM on MSG+, FSN-P, NHLN

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The absolute highlight of the game for me was Sidney Crosby's extended whine-fest to start the overtime. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed it, but the refs were clearly annoyed with him. When Jamie skated up, the official pointed at Crosby's "C" and then pointed to Jamie's "C". To me that was a very blunt way of telling him to man up and lead by example not by complaining.

OUCH...that's particuarly biting considering Jamie's often been accused of bellyaching himself. But Crosby not only takes it to another level but it also seems to be infecting the rest of his team, hence Sykora's game-changing double minor :P

I love how Malkin was rolling around in pain in the third like a soccer player flopping and grabbing his knee and then of course didn't miss a shift and skated around like nothing was wrong afterward. What a turd. Talented, just like Crosby but I've already lost a lot of respect for both.

Man another game for the ages tonight ending in dramatic fashion. :koolaid: I am totally spent and exhausted from this game. The prudential Center in the 3rd period with about 6+ minutes to go down 3-1 with Sykora sitting in the box for the double minor, the crowd erupted on that PPG by Shanahan. It got even louder as the Devils were dominating the play and the game tying goal by Langenbrunner the crowd went :dance: and it felt like a Devils playoff game. The "LETS GO DEVILS" chant reigning finally in uniform by the entire crowd was a beautiful sight and sound to hear. It needs to be done like that all the time.

The OT it got even LOUDER around the Prudential Center and the GWG in OT by Langenbrunner the crowd went totally :dance: with Devils fans jumping all over the place celebrating the Devils 8th win in a row and one of their best January's ever in their history was accomplished going (11-3). The Devils also went from 6th in the EC to 2nd in the EC along with going 4th in the division to first in the division during that 11-3 record run.

This Devils team is some thing special guys IMO. They know how to fight back and claw their way to find a way to win. This season and the last two games, this Devils team did not quit and came back to win in OT both games after being down 3-2 late in the 3rd. I think years past Devils teams they would have lost both of these games and that is what makes this years Devils team special.

Clemmensen had a tough game where he had nothing going right for him and let in 2-bad goals, but did recover in the 3rd and OT to get the win (22-9-1). Andy Greene played one of his best games of the season tonight and was one of the main players in that OT to keep the puck in the offensive zone and found Langenbrunner for the GWOTG. I hope this gets Greene going now as Sutter has been playing him a lot of minutes the last several games including the PP. Langenbrunner is on fire scoring 6-goals in the last 3-games and how big is Shanahan been since coming to the Devils? He has 3-goals in his first 4-games and one assist. So far a great pick up for Lou and the Devils I'd say. Just a great game and night at the Prudential Center and the two best games of the season in the last two nights. :evil:

Keep it going Devils!!! The drive for 9 on tuesday night!

Edited by SatansDevils

Whoever started the Let's Go Cardinals chant is my new hero.

The "Lets Go Cardinals" chants were going all over the Prudential center tonight. there were some Pittsburgh fans wearing Steelers crap and waving those crappy yellow towelettes. I didn't see those crying towels after Langenbrunner tied the game up @ 3-3. :giggle:

I love how Malkin was rolling around in pain in the third like a soccer player flopping and grabbing his knee and then of course didn't miss a shift and skated around like nothing was wrong afterward. What a turd. Talented, just like Crosby but I've already lost a lot of respect for both.

I'll be honest I don't think Malkin was faking. The replay on MSG+ showed him getting tangled up with Mottau with his own elbow and stick getting knocked into his stomach. His reaction was like he lost his wind and considering what happened it's believable. While Crosby is known as a diver I have not heard similar complaints about Malkin.

I'll be honest I don't think Malkin was faking. The replay on MSG+ showed him getting tangled up with Mottau with his own elbow and stick getting knocked into his stomach. His reaction was like he lost his wind and considering what happened it's believable. While Crosby is known as a diver I have not heard similar complaints about Malkin.

The second time was legit but earlier in the game Malkin went down in the neutral zone and writhed around for a few moments grabbing his knee, then after not getting a call, got back up and was skating normal.

The second time was legit but earlier in the game Malkin went down in the neutral zone and writhed around for a few moments grabbing his knee, then after not getting a call, got back up and was skating normal.

The one problem that I noticed when Malkin was 'in pain' was that it conveniently happened as the Pens iced the puck, thus adding a bit more rest time for their line. He didn't miss a shift after that.

I don't know what to nitpick because I'm not really worried about the team right now. We look great. Even when we lose some I can't see us missing the playoffs or anything, and I'm not afraid of any teams in the East.

I'm still not high on Gio. Everyone is playing fantastic though. Everyone. I cried last night because I love this team so much. I'm so happy.

thank you, i was searching on YT for the MSG+ highlights of this game (sadly on NHL.com its the totally boring and BIASED Pens' announcers.. I urge everyone to watch those and listen to how sad/boring/frustrated the announcer is when the devs win in OT :lol:).. I did watch this game and all but I just love to hear Doc's calls like this

anyway yeah this will do, nice find :)

Edited by nmigliore

thank you, i was searching on YT for the MSG+ highlights of this game (sadly on NHL.com its the totally boring and BIASED Pens' announcers.. I urge everyone to watch those and listen to how sad/boring/frustrated the announcer is when the devs win in OT :lol:).. I did watch this game and all but I just love to hear Doc's calls like this

they played the PIT announcers highlights on the hockey channel highlight show and that announcer just sounds dead inside. there was no emotion in his voice at all. i don't even know how you could listen to him for one second.

Introducing Doc Emrick during the pregame ceremony, Steve Cangialosi called him their [the broadcasters'] captain and said that captains lead by example. ... Looks like Langenbrunner took that speech to heart last night!

Edited by 95Crash

Haha I did the same thing this morning and literally laughed out loud at how bummed out the Pittsburgh announcer was after the Langz winner. Completely deadpan "Jamie Langenbrunner... can you believe it?" :giggle:

butch.jpg

"Who are those guys?"

An amazing game. Some real lows there in the 3rd, but I never gave up. Great Doc goal calls. ( I replayed them maybe 10 times for anyone in the house who wanted to watch) Whoever invented the DVR and Center Ice, I thank you.

Jaime, me of little faith. I was wrong about you.

Scotty, not a great one, but the save at the end of regulation was huge.

The Devils pressure in OT was something I have never seen from any team sustained for so long, you knew it was just a matter of time.

Madden! Save of the year.

Shanny, you havent lost yet. You're our lucky charm.

As for the Brians, we need to see more of you.

Otherwise, a great way to end the month. Keep chugging Devs. Objects in the rear view mirror are closer than they appear.

Edited by NCDevsFan

The only bad thing about the last few games is that I'm ready for playoff hockey NOW.

Playoff hockey means my heart is in my throat for the third period. Playoff hockey means I'm on the edge of my seat. Playoff hockey means I jump three times higher for a goal than for a regular season game. Yet I find myself doing those things NOW.

The only bad thing about the last few games is that I'm ready for playoff hockey NOW.

Playoff hockey means my heart is in my throat for the third period. Playoff hockey means I'm on the edge of my seat. Playoff hockey means I jump three times higher for a goal than for a regular season game. Yet I find myself doing those things NOW.

It also (for me anyway) means unmanageable levels of anger and frustration when soft/BS goals go against us. Which is definitely happening already over here.

But I agree. I want the tournament to start yesterday.

Gio plays so hard, gets a lot of steals/backcheck picks, he's quick and he's smart defensively. He's just too small and he doesn't shoot well most of the time, or makes poor shooting decisions since his shot isn't that great. He's not like the WORST THING though. I'm not unhappy with anyone on the team.

I feel like if he were upgraded to a bigger forward our top two lines would pretty much dominate possession every night. But we're not going to be able to upgrade him since he's damn good to begin with.

Edited by Cowutopia