GDT Penguins @ Devils 7PM on MSG+, FSN-P, NHLN

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Zajac is turning into one hell of a hockey player. That deke move he had shortly before the game winner was sweet. I was really disappointed with him last year and really wondered if he was going to live up to his potential but he really has turned his game around and is really coming into his own.

As crazy as it sounds Clemmensen has yet to cost this team a game. I though tonight would be that night with that stinker he gave up but sure enough there he was in the last second to preserve at least a point. Weird how you can lose and save the game within ten minutes.

I was really against the Shanahan signing but he's been pretty good for us so far. He's slow like molasses but he's also a really smart player and his shot is ridiculous. I really didn't expect this much from him this fast but hopefully he keeps it up. The only negative is that it's really sad to see the team do so well and win these big games without Jay on the ice. He'll get back in eventually but it seems like he is kind of getting left behind.

Edited by SickMan

...Wow. And I thought it was over when they were down 3-1. Clemmer definitely showing the rust. But wow, Langenbrunner and Zajac are such a combo, you almost forget Zach is on that line for a minute. Then he puts in his 29th :P. But wow, this team is not ceasing to impress me. They really want it. And they're having fun too. Look at Shanahan, Langenbrunner, Elias, they all seem to be having a great time. Gotta love this team.

...Wow. And I thought it was over when they were down 3-1. Clemmer definitely showing the rust.

20 hours of rust?

Clemmensen wasn't at his best tonight. Hell, I can't tell when he's having a good game vs a bad game. It seems the awkwardness and the rebounds are there every game, but some games he just has a horseshoe up his ass and other nights, like tonight, the puck will trickle through into the net..... Still, behind Terreri and Brodeur, Clemmensen is my 3rd favorite Devils all-time goaltender. He has this "ultimate underdog" persona that follows him around....

Speaking of luck, we had NONE for 50 minutes and then it seemed like the puck just started bouncing our way. Which is good. I hate losing games because of pucks bouncing an inch to the left instead of to the right. The effort was there all game long... would have been hard to put in all that work and lose. They deserved this win.

Edited by Don

Throw it on net, and good things happen.

Great advise that many know, but seldom do.

I was so happy to see the Penguins leave with a loss. Take there Cheapshot Crosby, down-syndrome lookin' Malkin, Marc-Andre Worry, and Tyler 'pig-nose' Kennedy HOME. I almost cried when Langenbrunner scored the Game Winner.

wow this was an incredible win.. i really thought PIT had this game wrapped up after they made it 3-1.. Shanny's goal was beautiful (rocket) and a great screen by Zubrus.. Langenbrunner with a garbage goal to tie late and then a nice one-timer on a pass from Zajac to win it in OT..

We have to be one of the best 4 on 4 teams, really.. what is that 7-1 now in OT? I've also noticed we aren't going to that many shootouts anymore..

20 hours of rust?

Clemmensen wasn't at his best tonight. Hell, I can't tell when he's having a good game vs a bad game. It seems the awkwardness and the rebounds are there every game, but some games he just has a horseshoe up his ass and other nights, like tonight, the puck will trickle through into the net..... Still, behind Terreri and Brodeur, Clemmensen is my 3rd favorite Devils all-time goaltender. He has this "ultimate underdog" persona that follows him around....

Speaking of luck, we had NONE for 50 minutes and then it seemed like the puck just started bouncing our way. Which is good. I hate losing games because of pucks bouncing an inch to the left instead of to the right. The effort was there all game long... would have been hard to put in all that work and lose. They deserved this win.

Yeah I agree clemy was bad tonight, but again the whole team didn't play that well. And worst of all lucky refused to come our way the two first periods, so many close calls we had, so many puck on the post dam.

Again the team were bad but never gave-up on the game.

I just fell bad for those Devils fans who left with 2 or 3 minutes from the end of the 3

What a great win this was. Congrats to the Devils for never quitting tonight.

The absolute highlight of the game for me was Sidney Crosby's extended whine-fest to start the overtime. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed it, but the refs were clearly annoyed with him. When Jamie skated up, the official pointed at Crosby's "C" and then pointed to Jamie's "C". To me that was a very blunt way of telling him to man up and lead by example not by complaining.

And yes, he was interfered with, but it happens. Grow some balls and lead your team Crosby.

Great advise that many know, but seldom do.

I was so happy to see the Penguins leave with a loss. Take there Cheapshot Crosby, down-syndrome lookin' Malkin, Marc-Andre Worry, and Tyler 'pig-nose' Kennedy HOME. I almost cried when Langenbrunner scored the Game Winner.

Not to mention the obnoxious, a$$hole Pens fans sitting behind me who had to leave with their mouths shut and heads down.

http://www.hockeyprimetime.com/newsroom/De...guins-3-OT.html

My notes on the game... great crowd and great game.

Pretty sure I saw you walking around the concourse right before the game started. Even if you're not going to many more games, a helluva game to leave on, eh?

Not to mention the obnoxious, a$$hole Pens fans sitting behind me who had to leave with their mouths shut and heads down.

Whoever started the Let's Go Cardinals chant is my new hero.

How many shots did the Pens have in the 3rd and OT combined? Something like 4 or 5 right? Just amazing.

2. None in overtime and two in the third.

Pretty sure I saw you walking around the concourse right before the game started. Even if you're not going to many more games, a helluva game to leave on, eh?

Whoever started the Let's Go Cardinals chant is my new hero.

2. None in overtime and two in the third.

Not to bring that story into this thread. Given my mother's condition, she wants me here instead of Tennessee... I had to leave school and leave Pennsylvania, but I'm actually going to be home in Jersey for a while trying to get a job and get back on my feet.

You probably did see me on the concourse... I was in an Elias red jersey with a gorgeous blonde in a Parise red jersey.... was also at the Arena Lounge as usual before the game.

Great game all around.

What a game, just unreal. What can you say, this team is all heart. They just refuse to lose, they don't know the meaning of the word. These past two nights have taken such a toll me. They keep you at the edge of your seat for 60 minutes. (PLUS) We could all be watching something very special this year. Still though, through it all I'm greedy. I want more! I'm already looking to the 3rd and hope we make it 9 in a row. I don't want to relinquish the Division lead at all. Not even for one game. Let's steamroll the East and show everyone who the real beasts are.

Note: I hope people are still not against the Shanny pick-up.

They're quick to talk when he takes a penalty, or doesn't take enough shots. But a night like tonight they're in hiding. That signing was such a great move. Pumped the whole team up. (Undefeated since the acquisition) He's registered 4 points in 5 games, his ice time continues to grow every night, (16 min tonight, season high) he uses his body, he gets PP time as well as the PK, he's on the right side of the +/- , he

Edited by Beezer34