FAN-TASTIC GIG

Devils731

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for $2,000 a game, why not just let 100 real fans in for free, get them all liquored up and tell them to dance?

exactly.

lol

the question is why Lou don't "contract" Baumann as a cheer guy??? send him the lower section, where the Casual fans stay, usually not cheering.

And on the top sections. problably the crazies would take care.

I was on Devils x colorado, and was awesome the last 2 minutes, the whole Cauldron cherring " martin Martin Martin" but it did not as long as I hoped.

The fans have to make the rock into a boiling "Devils Cauldron" no matter how bad we are playing on the game, so the visitors not only have to face, the Devils on the ice but deal with the phsyclogic toument from the seats.

I think Baumann has "retired" from his chant........ last year I took it over and I do it once every game.

Don't worry. This July the Rangers will pay him $10 mil to underperform at Rangers games.

:lol:

Dancing Fat Guy sucks, but it's the only thing I've ever seen get the lower level librarians somewhat excited to be at a hockey game.

I was in 118 on Saturday (against Florida) on the aisle. I had the misfortune of having an empty seat in front of me. It was a misfortune because Cameron came down the aisle just as action resumed so he sits there. Once play stopped he gets up twirls his sweaty Tee shirt above his head. Naturally I got brushed by said sweaty Tee shirt a couple of times. :angry: They also send a cameraman to follow his antics. When play resumes does Cameron stop right away? Of course not! So I got Cameron and the cameraman blocking my view of the zone in front of me. Yes it's only for a few seconds but I didn't pay for an obstructed view! I get enough blocked views with people going to their seats long after play resumed. (I'm not talking about the time it takes for them to get down the steps after a quick break in the action.) But, that's a rant for another day.

Since Cameron did an unpaid audition for the Knicks, I hope Dolan will hire him for the Knicks and Rangers. It should appeal to his nature of throwing big bucks after Devils employees. This plundering by Dolan couldn't happen fast enough for me!

Saw him on opening night. I figured he was employed by the team because he was on the video screen almost all the time. I was thinking why do we need this guy riling up the crowd?

Can you do the chant more? once a period would be great. i feel like we never hear it anymore!

not sure my voice will last for each period!!! LOL!

I although on saturday, section 208 did a pretty good job of the chant. So if once in awhile they do the chant and I do it another time, that will help.

for $2,000 a game, why not just let 100 real fans in for free, get them all liquored up and tell them to dance?

Have you seen 100 real fans energize the crowd the way he does? If that happened, we wouldn't need this guy in the first place.

Saw him on opening night. I figured he was employed by the team because he was on the video screen almost all the time. I was thinking why do we need this guy riling up the crowd?

Because it is better than sitting in silence. The guy next to me at the game yesterday kept trying to start a "let's go Devils" chant, but the most people he ever got was about five. And this wasn't even in the lower level, this was in 125.

Have you seen 100 real fans energize the crowd the way he does? If that happened, we wouldn't need this guy in the first place.

I see 10-15 do it EVERY night EVERY game :P

and none of dance like pedophiles or sexually harass girls or throw nasty sweaty T-Shirts!

But they don't get people to make as much noise as this guy does. I guess maybe because they aren't giving away free shirts.

yeah. i don't exactly like this guy, but i've gone to two games this year - vs. washington in november, and vs. boston in january. washington game had this dude, 6-5 game, but crowd was more into the game than any non-playoff game i've ever been to. boston game, that guy wasn't there, 1-0 game, absolutely no energy from the fans at all. whatever gets the fans more into the game - i'm for it.

yeah. i don't exactly like this guy, but i've gone to two games this year - vs. washington in november, and vs. boston in january. washington game had this dude, 6-5 game, but crowd was more into the game than any non-playoff game i've ever been to. boston game, that guy wasn't there, 1-0 game, absolutely no energy from the fans at all. whatever gets the fans more into the game - i'm for it.

That is faulty logic though, since you're contrasting one weekend game that was like a roller coaster and a midweek game that was tense without very many momentum shifts.

Even if he gets the crowd in it, how long does it last 30-60 seconds when there's a stoppage in play anyway? Who cares if the crowd's into it during a commercial break, I just want noise when play's going on.

Edited by Hasan4978

That is faulty logic though, since you're contrasting one weekend game that was like a roller coaster and a midweek game that was tense without very many momentum shifts.

Even if he gets the crowd in it, how long does it last 30-60 seconds when there's a stoppage in play anyway? Who cares if the crowd's into it during a commercial break, I just want noise when play's going on.

it wasn't a midweek game - it was a friday game. and it was against the best team in the conference. the crowd was brutal that night. i agree, the game didn't give them much, but it was like an exhibition game.

people don't make enough noise at devils games, myself included. but once you get people into the idea of cheering or acting like a crowd, it can create a much better atmosphere.

it wasn't a midweek game - it was a friday game. and it was against the best team in the conference. the crowd was brutal that night. i agree, the game didn't give them much, but it was like an exhibition game.

people don't make enough noise at devils games, myself included. but once you get people into the idea of cheering or acting like a crowd, it can create a much better atmosphere.

Oh right...I confused that with the game earlier in the season which was 1-0 for all intents and purposes (till an empty-net goal).

I just don't think it works that way. During the regular season the people in the upper deck are going to make noise most of the time and the people in the mezz and lower bowl generally won't, whatever bells and whistles you provide. Part of it's prices and part is a peer thing, you're less likely to cheer when the ten people next to you act like they're at a library.

Edited by Hasan4978

waste of money.

he excites a couple of fans but pisses off everyone else.

I know that seeing him on the jumbotron every stoppage does nothing but put me in a bad mood. He's so obnoxious, if he wasn't being paid by the team they'd probably have him removed from the arena for inappropriately touching fans.

If they want to get the crowd going for t-shirts they should just send the mascot into the crowd more often. At least he's mildly entertaining.

I can't see the devils shelling out that kind of $ for anything for one game. I think the organ player only makes a couple hundred per game...if I were him I'd ask for more money!

Forget this guy. Hopefully he has been dropped as Ive been to the last few games and theres no sign of him. I can take him getting paid and doing what he does, but he's not even a Devils fan let alonea die hard Devils fan so that is ultimately the deal breaker for me. Drop this guy.

EDIT

I actually see from his site that it says he worked the 2/28 game against the Panthers, which I didnt attend. But none-the-less, drop this guy, hes not even a Devils fan.

Edited by BlizzardCyclone