GDT: Chicago @ Devils- Chasing History Version: Marty goes for 552&#33

MadDog2020

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long as Devils fans have we always viewed our chances as the cup filled half empty? I worry if we have a 4-1 lead with 2:00 minutes left. I worry if the Devils are up 2 points in the Atlantic Division with one game left. I worry if there are 6.3 seconds left with the Devils clinging to a 1-goal lead. However, this year, I feel like I'm living in a Bizzarro Devils Universe. The Devils can score goals at will. The Devils can grab the Atlantic Division lead with Marty going down for three months. The Devils have one of the best defenses in the league with little more than two household names. When he returns from his absence, Marty nets record after record and becomes the all-time leading goaltender in wins. Elias turns in a banner year and sets the all-time Devils' points record. Currently, the Parise-Zajac-Langs line is being compared with some of the most lethal lines in the NHL. The team is too talented for Pando to make the starting lineup. In short, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season. I've had a smile on my face nearly every single game (and for sure nearly every single day since I told my friend that the Devils "were totally done" when Marty went down). And, as a sports fan, you can't ask for more than that.

What an amazing night. Amazing crowd, amazing game... the beautiful bartender gave ME her number (suck it Crasher), and I won the Brodeur jersey at the Arena Lounge!

Let me get this straight, you get a number from a girl and you won a Devils jersey, one lucky night for you my friend. I think the last time I tried getting a number I got a dirty look. :giggle:

Just got back...WOW! What a game and night tonight!

CHASING HISTORY IS OVER!!! #552 for BRODEUR!!! :koolaid:

Congratulations to Martin Brodeur as he passes Patrick Roy with win #552 for the All-Time Wins record.

It was great to see the Prudential Center sold out and the crowd was loud and into the entire game. The chants were very loud throughout the game and the end was just amazing to see Brodeur cutting the nets and seeing his Dad in tears taking photos. Great night and glad I taped this game so I can watch it over and over. :P It was a playoff type atmosphere and a night I will never forget. had tears rolling down my face over the excitement for Brodeur.

Congratulations to Patrick Elias for getting the All-Time Devils points record with 702 points. B ) The Partick chants were nice and loud along with the marty ones the whole game. Kudos to the sold out crowd.

Great night and I am on such a huge high right now I don't think I will get any sleep tonight. :evil:

Let me get this straight, you get a number from a girl and you won a Devils jersey, one lucky night for you my friend. I think the last time I tried getting a number I got a dirty look. :giggle:

Haha a month ago I gave her my number and she never called and it was embarrassing haha. And I paid the bill tonight and I was about to leave and she went to shake my hand and in her hand was a little slip w/ her number on it.

Just got back from the game.

Within the last the last three months, I had my full-time job cut my hours from five days a week to four, and I lost my part-time job of six years due to a companywide scale-back. ... But fvck it, I knew I had to be there for this special night, so I called in sick so I could stand in line for six and a half hours for $10 tickets.

Suffice it to say, it was a day well spent! What a night!

I'm exhausted right now -- way too tired to read all the posts, which I can't wait to do tomorrow. For now, I have to go to bed. But I just had to check in here and say how happy I am to be able to root for such a great team ... a truly special organization. I am so glad we can call this team our own!

Go Devils.

Incredible night. The day started with Irish Car Bombs at 4pm :P

The atmosphere..wow, for most of the game it felt like a game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Elias was absolutely snakebitten in the first period, I thought it'd be 20 games before he got a point.

I'm glad he got like 3 straight ovations after the assist, but I agree that they should have stopped play for a few seconds.

Why was that one goal overturned?

I was directly underneath a speaker, my head is throbbing.

The last minute of the game is something I'll never forget...it really felt like we just won the cup. I thought I was gunna have a heart attack with 8 seconds left.

I just got back from the game and I still have goosebumps.

What an AMAZING night. I have to give props to all of the fans who were there tonight. The atmosphere can only be compared to the SC finals.... and even then, I felt like the fans were more into tonight.

One thing that irked me a bit was how quickly the b-hawks left the ice. I get that they just lost the game, but they should have stuck around to congratulate Marty. It would have been much classier of them to stick around for 2 minutes.

Everyone was talking about Patty being overshadowed by Marty tonight, but I think the crowd did a great job of celebrating with him... and he had a full house to watch him make history!

By the end of the night I had tears in my eyes. What a day to be a Devils fan! :D

I just got back from the game and I still have goosebumps.

What an AMAZING night. I have to give props to all of the fans who were there tonight. The atmosphere can only be compared to the SC finals.... and even then, I felt like the fans were more into tonight.

One thing that irked me a bit was how quickly the b-hawks left the ice. I get that they just lost the game, but they should have stuck around to congratulate Marty. It would have been much classier of them to stick around for 2 minutes.

Everyone was talking about Patty being overshadowed by Marty tonight, but I think the crowd did a great job of celebrating with him... and he had a full house to watch him make history!

By the end of the night I had tears in my eyes. What a day to be a Devils fan! :D

In the post game on the radio on the way home from the game, Matt and Sherry said most of the Chicago players met up with Brodeur after the game, outside the locker rooms to congratulate him on #552 all-time wins. That alone is respect and glad to hear.

What a game...what a night...what a goaltender!!

Congrats Marty on becoming the best ever!! And congrats Patty for becoming the franchise's leading scorer!!

If you weren't there tonight, well... you missed the best night at the Rock yet. The atmosphere was off the charts. A once in a lifetime kind of night. I'm happy that I was able to be there to witness history on two fronts. Just... awesome!! :boogie:

Hey MD2020, we won another GDT. :P

One of the best nights at the Prudential Center so far.

Hell yeah bro!! Maybe I'll take a shot at tomorrow's GDT now. :P

What a game...what a night...what a goaltender!!

Congrats Marty on becoming the best ever!! And congrats Patty for becoming the franchise's leading scorer!!

If you weren't there tonight, well... you missed the best night at the Rock yet. The atmosphere was off the charts. A once in a lifetime kind of night. I'm happy that I was able to be there to witness history on two fronts. Just... awesome!! :boogie:

Hell yeah bro!! Maybe I'll take a shot at tomorrow's GDT now. :P

Why not you're 2-0 now in GDT. :P Go for it MD! :koolaid:

In the post game on the radio on the way home from the game, Matt and Sherry said most of the Chicago players met up with Brodeur after the game, outside the locker rooms to congratulate him on #552 all-time wins. That alone is respect and glad to hear.

Good! I missed the post game (we park in the middle of nowhere).... I didn't hear that. It's good to know they didn't just blow it off.

Haha a month ago I gave her my number and she never called and it was embarrassing haha. And I paid the bill tonight and I was about to leave and she went to shake my hand and in her hand was a little slip w/ her number on it.

Niiiiiiiiiiice bro!! What a great night for everyone!!!!! :boogie:

Just got back from game HOLY sh!t what an experience. The Building was rocking pardon the pun. Outside of a game 7 SCF game or 95 was there ever such an amazing crowed?? The crowed was just unbelievable screamng for it before the puck even drpped and it never let up. UNBELIEVABLE no other word to describe tonight, best $120.00 I've spent in a long time.

Any word on commemorative pins or pucks?

All in all, this was probably one of the greatest regular season nights(and maybe weeks) in the history of the franchise.

It all came down to EXPOSURE. Marty and the Devils logo were everywhere. It was hyped well in all the media outlets and when the time came to perform, they did.

maybe some will not agree with this comment, and I wasn't at the game but you could definitely feel it through the TV...tonight was the first time the Prudential Center really felt like our home. I hope all Devils fans saw this and are inspired to create that kind of environment in the playoffs.

All in all, this was probably one of the greatest regular season nights(and maybe weeks) in the history of the franchise.

It all came down to EXPOSURE. Marty and the Devils logo were everywhere. It was hyped well in all the media outlets and when the time came to perform, they did.

maybe some will not agree with this comment, and I wasn't at the game but you could definitely feel it through the TV...tonight was the first time the Prudential Center really felt like our home. I hope all Devils fans saw this and are inspired to create that kind of environment in the playoffs.

Yeah. It should have felt like that in the playoffs last year, but between the way they were playing at it being a series against the Rangers, we were kind of robbed of our first true "home" feeling.

Tonight was just amazing. I was worried when I was walking in and realized that so many of the people were not actual fans - people who bought tickets hoping to be able to say they were there, who would have never been at a Devils game at all this year, let alone this one. But clearly, I was mistaken. I've never heard a Devils crowd like that before. I missed out on all three Stanley Cup finals, but I kinda feel like I've been to one now.

I loved the reaction for Patty's assist. I love that it was a primary assist and everyone in the building knew the point for what it was immediately. I was telling puckrock at the game, it's been a long time since I jumped for a goal, the way I jumped for Patty's assist. I also enjoyed Patty wearing the green hat for his second-star announcement, that was cute.