GDT: Devils vs. Hurricanes 4/11/09 - 1:00 PM ET (MSG HD)

RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take the win but,it wasn't pretty take away those 2 fluke goal's and we don't win this one.Marty is still off his game,hope he can get his Head into thr playoff's.They just are not clicking like they should be.We all know they are much better then this,I don't look forward to this long lay-off.all in all,a great season for the Devil's,thank's Clemmer You made this happen.

It's not a fluke goal the second time. And Marty was fine. The most discouraging thing about the game was Carolina not putting out an honest effort, which made it horrible to watch. Until the second PP goal, then the game picked up a bit.

To me, the PK looked so horrible that it seemed possible the Devils wanted to give Brodeur some practice. But the recent losing streak had a lot to do with how bad the specialty teams have been playing. So that may have been the real deal out there today. The upcoming playoff series should be interesting.

Game was great.. Fans were really into it.. The prize "drawings" were terrible though.. The lower bowl won 60% of the prizes, 100 level won 30%, and 200 level won 10%..

I was also happy I got to met Jamie aka Crazy Jamie, which was very cool.. If you're reading this Colorado Rockies, I think I saw you but wasn't 100% sure..

So what was with section 109 sounding like Duke on the PPs?

I'll take the win but,it wasn't pretty take away those 2 fluke goal's and we don't win this one.

But I'll take Zach's view on those two goals. The Devils got some really good chances today that DIDN'T go in that probably should have. They deserved those two goals. They had guys in the right spot to bank home rebounds, but the pucks were skipping over their sticks. They had some back luck, but obviously some good luck as well.

I'm happy they won, but without good special teams, you're ripe for the pickins.

Someone please shed some light on the way the team kills penalties. Have they played a passive box the whole year? I honestly can't recall.

And do the Devils have the right players out there? Shouldn't Parise be killing penalties instead of Pandolfo? Or is that too much ice time for Zach?

Edited by Jerrydevil

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but if Pittsburgh wins tonight at Montreal we play Carolina, and if Pittsburgh loses we play them.

Also happy the Devils won too, but there is a BIG concern for the Devils special teams. The PK was bad today giving up 2-PPG on 4-PK and not scoring a PPG in 7-PP chances. That is a major concern and they need to fix this for the playoffs this week coming up. The special teams is a big part of winning a series in the playoffs and right now the Devils special teams is not very good.

It almost felt like, well at the start by not playing Ward in goal that Carolina didn't care if they wanted to win this game or not, as if they want to play the Devils in the 1st round instead of Pittsburgh or Philadelphia. Carolina is pulling what the Devils and most fans wanted back in 2002 was to play Carolina in the 1st round and we all know what happened that year. Now it feels like a role reversal this season and I hope if the Devils play Carolina, they give them a smackdown in the first round.

Parise scoring his 45th goal is tied with Carter on Philadelphia and Carter does have one more game tomorrow vs. the Rangers to finish all alone in second in goals. Parise falls 3-goals shy of tying (4-for the record) Gionta's Devils season goals record and 2-points shy of tying Elias' Devils season points total of 96 with Parise getting 94-points this season.

Good win for the Devils and big GWG for Zubrus today as the Devils go into the playoffs winning 4 of their last 5 games, which is good. Also finally a win over Carolina (1-3).

Regular season over for the Devils and their best season ever as far as wins with 51-a franchise record. Thank you Clemmensen, Weekes and Brodeur for a memorable regular season. :koolaid:

Now the Devils need to get their second season going either on Wednesday or Thursday night!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but if Pittsburgh wins tonight at Montreal we play Carolina, and if Pittsburgh loses we play them.

Yes correct!

Not sure who would be the better match up right now. Believe it or not, Carolina maybe better right now after today's win even though Cam Ward was not in goal. Devils need to get at Ward early and often. The Devils special teams will be a big factor if they play Carolina. Pittsburgh will be just too much crap about Malkin and Crosby, IMO. No matter who it will be Carolina or Pittsburgh, it will be a good, tough match up for the Devils as both of those teams were the hottest finishing up their regular seasons.

Good win for the Devils and big GWG for Zubrus.

I felt good for Zubrus ... he hasn't scored in a while. I'll tell you what though ... if that guy could play in traffic, he'd have a heck of a lot more than 15 goals. He's in front of the net a lot, but he just doesn't seem to have a knack for getting off shots, never mind burying them.

I felt good for Zubrus ... he hasn't scored in a while. I'll tell you what though ... if that guy could play in traffic, he'd have a heck of a lot more than 15 goals. He's in front of the net a lot, but he just doesn't seem to have a knack for getting off shots, never mind burying them.

I agree Jerry. Zubrus has the size and strength to over power some of these defensemans infront of the net and needs to play more physical and he would be a 20-goal scorer. Zubrus now needs to be more physical in the playoffs this week. He played good today using his size and physical strength today vs. Carolina.

So what was with section 109 sounding like Duke on the PPs?

It was 209 and 208. Note we got scored on both times on the PK when they did that, so 210 chanted "it's all your fault" at them. I saw things in 209 today that are now burned into my memory bank forever. Why is it the fatter you are, the quicker the shirt comes off? Eeeuch.

We've won 4 of our last 5 going into the playoffs. Just wanted to throw that out there.

yet it doesnt feel like it lol

if were able to win 4 out of 5, for the next month weel be lookin pretty good lol

What pisses me off about how the last few games turned out is that the Devils are basically getting away from what made them so good this year, and are slowly moving towards what has failed in the last few playoffs.

The Madden line with Pandolfo and Shanahan has to go and likely will only go once it gets burned in the playoffs. It is just a waste of a line and they are all getting too much ice time. This is where it counts, so hopefully Madden and Shanahan will not be getting the most ice time. Madden had over 18 minutes, which was second to Parise today. If this is the way Sutter wants to do this, I think we'll get killed.

The team was at its best when Madden and Pandolfo's roles were limited, and our best offensive guys were getting the most minutes. For example, when the Devils beat San Jose 6-5 in February, Elias and Parise saw 22 minutes, Zajac 21 and Langenbrunner 19 with Madden getting 15.

This isn't the regular season now. You don't need to tax Parise and Elias like Torts did with Vinny and co. in 2007, but you can give them more than 17-18 minutes...maybe 20-21 minutes.

Now instead of being a 4 line team we once were, we are back to the old tired formula of 2 scoring lines, 1 checking line followed by an energy line (although a more skilled one now than past).

And Madden and Pandolfo getting main penalty kill minutes is another major problem. These guys are not great penalty killers anymore. Zajac and Langenbrunner should be getting the most penalty kills moments and then use Elias and Madden, and maybe Gionta and Pandolfo/Parise for a bit. No Shanahan near the penalty kill.

I just think if the new Madden line plays a major role in the playoffs, the Devils are repeating past failures.

Edited by devilsrule33

Devils heading into the playoffs picking up some steam. Hopefully we can keep it going and carry it into the playoffs. With the UNSEEN HAND with us, a 4th banner could be here very soon.

Also great to see Zubrus get the 1st star of the game, but disappointing that the captain couldnt score his 30th.