Look at Stubhub!

'7'

Update on the eLMS service fee. The woman I had on the phone went on the Buyer Q & A with me and verified that there is no mention of a $10 eLMS fee. She's going to push for a $10 credit (apparently they can't do refunds, although we'll see about that..)

I suggest any other StubHub buyers to go through a similar process. The phone prompts urge callers to check the website's Q&A yet there is no mention of this fee under Q&A #1, Fees Associated with Buying Tickets.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's face value - $1.

I looked at the ticketmaster devils site and everything in the lower bowl pretty much starts at $80.

https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/...PJQF1&CNTX=

this morning I got a lower bowl seats for my nephew and his girlfriend. about $70 TOTAL. I think row 16. You'd be hard pressed to find that for an early november game against the Coyotes on stubhub

Edited by '7'

I looked at the ticketmaster devils site and everything in the lower bowl pretty much starts at $80.

this morning I got a lower bowl seats for my nephew and his girlfriend. about $70 TOTAL. I think row 16. You'd be hard pressed to find that for an early november game against the Coyotes on stubhub

Wow- maybe the best deal I've ever gotten on Devils playoff tickets that haven't been free.

Edited by MadDog2020

Update on the eLMS service fee. The woman I had on the phone went on the Buyer Q & A with me and verified that there is no mention of a $10 eLMS fee. She's going to push for a $10 credit (apparently they can't do refunds, although we'll see about that..)

I suggest any other StubHub buyers to go through a similar process. The phone prompts urge callers to check the website's Q&A yet there is no mention of this fee under Q&A #1, Fees Associated with Buying Tickets.

See I didn't think to look under Fees Associated with Buying Tickets! The guy just told me it was an electronic fee for processing. I didn't think they could do credits. Hmm.

STH face for the section 13 seats is $49 per. It's what I pay. Ticketexchange tickets are set up so the fans can only minimally lowball the Devils price. I think I'm in one of the few sections where you can actually turn a profit at the lowest price availble to you. There are no such restrictions on Stubhub.

The Devils kinda got themselves into a trap between their face values, the STH face values, and StubHub. They can't offer anything on TM for lower than what they're going for on StubHub, even the worst seats they have available. So, therefore, they can't sell any tickets of their own.

Well sth face value anyway, I think the box office price is a lot higher.

yep, $95. but with how many of them are out of the Devils hands, it doesn't look like the Devils have any say in pricing anymore.

Well sth face value anyway, I think the box office price is a lot higher.

Any way you slice it, $48 for ice level seats is a terrific deal. I'm in row 19, and seats in row 4 of the same section are going for $250 each.

Edited by MadDog2020

Man, this thread makes me wish I lived in (or at least closer to) New Jersey.

PFFFFT. Drive.

Any way you slice it, $48 for ice level seats is a terrific deal. I'm in row 19, and seats in row 4 of the same section are going for $250 each.

That is nuts. I also saw club seats for $125 each. Combined, that equals face value of one club seat ticket.

Just picked up two tickets ($43 each) Section 11, Row 21 for Game 2! Only bad part was the shipping was $20 but it is still a great deal (according to the seating chart they are normally $95 a piece).

Now I just hope Fed Ex can actually find my house unlike the last time I ordered something from stub hub.

8 sold off of stubhub in the last 45min. maybe they will sell.

and for the record. 1100 tickets on stubhub for first flyers home game. what the hell

Well the NHL does have a deal with StubHub. I wouldn't be shocked if the seats are actually being sold by the team. It would explain why there's entire rows worth of seats on there, anyway - I'm not sure I believe that corporations scooped them all up to profit in the long run, there was always the risk there'd be a boring series like this and they'd be stuck with next to worthless tickets.

I feel bad that I got the $45 tickets through the family pack offer. I really expected these tickets to be expensive and/or sell a lot more. I'm a little disgusted actually, but I guess this is Devils hockey.

You can bet your ass that given the opportunity I'll be going to more than one game this year.

Well the NHL does have a deal with StubHub. I wouldn't be shocked if the seats are actually being sold by the team. It would explain why there's entire rows worth of seats on there, anyway - I'm not sure I believe that corporations scooped them all up to profit in the long run, there was always the risk there'd be a boring series like this and they'd be stuck with next to worthless tickets.

That's an interesting theory.

In that scenario, the Devils would be making an extra attempt to fill up more seats -- particularly the lower bowl seats -- without "officially" offering the tix at dirt-cheap prices, which possibly would've embarrassed the league.

I imagine that the Devils are tired of being stuck with the stigma that comes with having a ton of empty seats during home playoff games.

Actually, StubHub only has a deal to be the "Official Ticket Reseller" with two NHL teams...Coyotes and Caps, if I'm not mistaken. Every other team has their tickets posted by fans or brokers. The reason for this swell of cheap tickets is because brokers bought up a ton of seats hoping for a sexy series, preferably Rangers - Devils. Call me a d!ck but I've sold a pair of $20 regular season tixs for Rags / Devs on StubHub for $150. Hey, supply and demand :noclue:

Back on track, brokers buy up these tickets with the hope of selling at a major profit. If they can't and need to dump them for a loss, no big deal...they are still making money on all the DMB concerts, theater shows and other events you can get on StubHub. Combine that with regular season ticket holders who can't go to the game, and you have a ton of cheap tickets up for grabs. What makes it even better is that when you sell on StubHub, you can put your tickets on a sliding price scale. For example, I can say I want to sell my $60 tickets for max $100 but I'm willing to let them drop to $40 to just get rid of them. Over time, if the tix don't get sold, the price will gradually fall to $40, which explains why tickets prices drop over time. Conversely, if I post my tickets for $40 and the Devs pull the Rangers, I can remove the listing and re-list for $150.

As for Last Minute Consignment, I believe the handling fee is only applicable if you have to physcially go to a StubHub office to pick them up. For example, if you want last minute tickets for a Yankees game, you can buy them on StubHub, physically go to the StubHub office which is about 3 blocks away from the stadium and pick them up. Some arenas have StubHub offices actually at the arena, but not all do. If the ticket is e-mailed, you shouldn't have to pay a handling fee. I've only done last minute twice and both times I had to go pick them up, so I'm not sure if it's an automatic charge.

Sorry for the novel, but I've sold alot of tickets on StubHub over the years and I figured a little insight wouldn't hurt!

Edited by Bulletproof

I just checked on ticketmaster and you can still get upper level seats. Bad sign for attendance. In Marty's first game back, those seats were all gone the day before, or at least you had to keep trying a bunch of times before you got them.

Well that game was sold out 2-3 days i advance and rightfully so (weekend, major milestone, good opponent). I still the think its gonna be a decent crowd and even possibly sell out ticket wise, but it will not be until just before game time. Stubhub has sold about 80 tickets since late afternoon yesterday, with 200 or so left, whihc is more than the tickets left for mos other teams. Like some other person said, it wouldnt suprise me if the devils were using this service to sell tickets, as the flyers have almost 1000 tickets on there for game 3, and i highly doubt Stubhub would be able to get their hands on a thousand flyer tickets, knowing their STH numbers.