metallidevils

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Like who, Sather?

As much as Sather sucks, at least he got big name players who at least have the potential to perform well and then always just wind up underachieving, as opposed to our Zubrus/Rolston/Matvichuk/Rupp/Holik/Mogilny/countless other disasters of the past few years who are total head scratchers.

The only players that we could count on since we last won the cup were never players that were signed as FA's or from trades since then.

Like who, Sather?

I hate Sather's guts, but for the bad decisions he's made and has gotten questioned over, they have had the same success as the Devils since the lockout ended in the playoffs.

06 Devils sweep Rangers

06 Devils lose to Divecanes

07 Rangers sweep ATL, lose to Buf

07 Devils beat TB, lose to OTT

08 Rangers beat Devils.

08 Rangers lose to PIT

09 Devils and Canes game 7 (pending)

09 Rangers and Caps Game 7

Looks to me like before pointing fingers, we should look where it counts. It's been pretty even.

Edited by SJP20

Do I need to bump the thread I made almost exactly a year ago, saying I wanted Lou to go, when everyone defended him by saying he had a 'plan'? And that was before the 'plan' involved Rolston.

I'm sure Triumph will come in now and name 20 reasons why I'm wrong

Edited by metallidevils

Let's come up with better ideas when we want to make a thread.

Stupid threads for the rest of the playoffs.

:evilcry:

why? rolston has been dead weight all season... cant deny that.. you might not like it but cant deny the reason lou got him was for post season depth... lol

Do I need to bump the thread I made almost exactly a year ago, saying I wanted Lou to go, when everyone defended him by saying he had a 'plan'? And that was before the 'plan' involved Rolston.

I'm sure Triumph will come in now and name 20 reasons why I'm wrong

lou's "plan" had this team rolling for much of the season w/ Scott fvckING Clemmensen in net.

rolston has been a waste but because of the high ankle sprain taking away his most important skill - his speed, i will give him a pass until next season. i still want him getting no more than 5 minutes a game in the playoffs on line 4 with NO PP time.

also - zubrus played well tonight. sure the penalty he took was dumb - but he was their ONLY physical force on the cycle tonight and his line was the best of the night. PZL stunk tonight. STUNK. Zajac and Parise were invisible.

lou's "plan" had this team rolling for much of the season w/ Scott fvckING Clemmensen in net.

rolston has been a waste but because of the high ankle sprain taking away his most important skill - his speed, i will give him a pass until next season. i still want him getting no more than 5 minutes a game in the playoffs on line 4 with NO PP time.

also - zubrus played well tonight. sure the penalty he took was dumb - but he was their ONLY physical force on the cycle tonight and his line was the best of the night. PZL stunk tonight. STUNK. Zajac and Parise were invisible.

yeah basically all these things plus once again metallidevils you are talking like new jersey lost the series which they haven't. lou can't plan for rolston's high ankle sprain - it's a fluke injury, there's absolutely nothing to suggest in rolston's previous 3 seasons that this would be his performance.

If anyone thought Zubrus was going to be a major factor offensively they just weren't paying attention to his non-Ovechkin career. He can retrieve a loose puck but has no clue what to do with it when he gets it. Unfortunately Lou for some reason brought him in and tried to pigeonhole him into a role he is incapable of doing (first and second-line center).

As far as Rolston I don't want to hear about this ankle injury anymore, that was months ago. No excuse for him not using the slapshot on the power play (which ostensibly is the reason he was going to help the PP) or not showing any apparent desire. I wish just once we'd have enjoyed the 30-goal Rolston, instead both times we got one that's been a dissapointment.

Edited by Hasan4978

yeah basically all these things plus once again metallidevils you are talking like new jersey lost the series which they haven't. lou can't plan for rolston's high ankle sprain - it's a fluke injury, there's absolutely nothing to suggest in rolston's previous 3 seasons that this would be his performance.

I think at this point, they have lost. It's just a matter to who. Win Game 7. Get Washington or Pittsburgh. If you somehow win that, get Pittsburgh or Boston. If you somehow win that, a decent likelyhood you're playing the Wings.

They are not playing at nearly a high enough level to run the gauntlet. They were for the first four periods of the series. I'm waiting, but I haven't seen it since when it matters. It matters on Tuesday, prove me wrong. Otherwise, we're the equal or worse of a team that isn't that good either.

I think at this point, they have lost. It's just a matter to who. Win Game 7. Get Washington or Pittsburgh. If you somehow win that, get Pittsburgh or Boston. If you somehow win that, a decent likelyhood you're playing the Wings.

They are not playing at nearly a high enough level to run the gauntlet. They were for the first four periods of the series. I'm waiting, but I haven't seen it since when it matters. It matters on Tuesday, prove me wrong. Otherwise, we're the equal or worse of a team that isn't that good either.

Unfortunately this is the truth. Our play has degenerated so much over the course of this series that any chance we had at winning the cup has seemed to disappear.