When did the Devils become such scared gutless coward losers?

'7'

The St Louis Blues made the playoffs 25 years in a row. Jus sayin'.

And I agree, bench Rolston(or Pando) with Holik. Your season is on the line, why not go with something different?

they need someone to hit and put fear in the other team.. should of never delt cam jansen.

Edited by peterstastny

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont think Shanahan and Elias should be placed in the category of needing to step it up.

Shanahan was the only player who really impressed me in last nights game, and has been pretty impressive across the series (much to my supprise).

I dont think Elias could give any more, physically i just dont think he has anything else to give.

Rolston just needs to shoot the puck on target, if you keep hammering the puck on the net they will go in.

It's a joke putting Shanahan in that category. Shanny plays hard every night, he's more versatile, (used on PK & PP) he has a goal in this series, he has yet to take a penalty in six games, he uses his body, and most importantly... his shots hit the net.

Relax. They played cocky and sloppy and got burned by a good team. This doesn't mean we're going to beat the Canes tomorrow, because they have game, but we're gonna make it interesting. Keep the faith. This team has the talent. Also, soft as we've been when we get comfortable, we've been TOUGH when our backs are against the wall. Guess what, our backs are against the wall. If Marty matches Ward, we win.

Edited by mouse

Relax. They played cocky and sloppy and got burned by a good team. This doesn't mean we're going to beat the Canes tomorrow, because they have game, but we're gonna make it interesting. Keep the faith. This team has the talent. Also, soft as we've been when we get comfortable, we've been TOUGH when our backs are against the wall. Guess what, our backs are against the wall. If Marty matches Ward, we win.

Three of the four goals were more or less unsavable (if they were saved it would have been luck, not skill), and the second goal didn't matter. This isn't about Marty vs Ward.

When did the Devils' fans become such scared gutless coward losers?, force them to find a new team.

This is what this thread should have been titled from the start. I'd imagine we could print this out and use it as toilet paper should this "awful" team with their "awful" management somehow find a way to accomplish the amazing feat of beating pretty much their equal this series in game 7.

Tuesday night will be the first Game 7 at the Prudential Center and it better be a memorable one with the Devils getting the job done.

The last Game 7 lost was in 1999 to Pittsburgh (a 4-2 loss with Tom Barrasso in goal who is now Cam Ward's goalie coach) as Triumph said and it is the only Game 7 that was lost on home ice back in the old Brendan Byrne/CAA.

The Devils went 3-1 in Game 7 on home ice.

1994 ECQF - Buffalo - won Game 7 as Brodeur/Hasek played a great series.

1999 ECQF - Pittsburgh - lost Game 7.

2001 ECSF - Toronto - won Game 7.

2003 SCF - Anaheim - won Game 7 and the SCC.

The Devils are 6-6 in Game 7 in their playoff history winning their last 2-Game 7 in 2003 over Ottawa and then Anaheim...

Wrong. You are forgetting our most painful game 7 loss ever, 2001 SCF in Colorado! Of course, I'm not suprised you missed it since it is likely better that Devils fans just forget that one...

Wrong. You are forgetting our most painful game 7 loss ever, 2001 SCF in Colorado! Of course, I'm not suprised you missed it since it is likely better that Devils fans just forget that one...

Re-read the post. It refers to Game 7s ON HOME ICE!

First off, I've heard just about enough of those idiotic tarzan sound effects that they play at Inbred Arena, I hope that entire fan base gets swine flu from that ridiculous mascot of theirs...

Didn't watch the 3rd, no point to it

The problem with NJ is that we have too many players with no hockey sense. Clarkson, Rupp, Pandolfo, Rolston, Madden, Mottau(too slow as well). I mean Jay Pandolfo plays hockey by standing in one place and waving his stick around. They pass when they should shoot, shoot when they should pass...and the gears in their head turn slower then the Carolina players who are always on the puck, attack in numbers and then back check like crazy to catch a plodding Mike Rupp who has to carefully think about moving the puck from forehand to backhand as he lugs it up ice. It's boys vs. men. They know what we're going to do before we do it.

Our defense has no chemistry and is completely clueless. They can't clear the zone even with obvious outlets. They try reversals to waiting Canes for no reasons whatsoever. Sometimes it almost seems like they're trying to give Carolina the puck back.

Did we crash the net at all today? I think after the 2nd period they had as many goals as we had scoring chances.

Brodeur is off the hook, nothing he could do to prevent this. And he's STILL getting run into. Carolina is winning every single big faceoff. We still miss the net way too much...

We're in bad shape for game 7. Carolina is too fast, too hungry, and too fearless. They Devils are too afraid. I don't have a good feeling about this

No Ballz and No Heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou better think about future choices, because last night wasnt anywhere near Devils Hockey ! No Heart at all ! WTF ! One day up one day down ugh :noclue:

First off, I've heard just about enough of those idiotic tarzan sound effects that they play at Inbred Arena, I hope that entire fan base gets swine flu from that ridiculous mascot of theirs...

Didn't watch the 3rd, no point to it

The problem with NJ is that we have too many players with no hockey sense. Clarkson, Rupp, Pandolfo, Rolston, Madden, Mottau(too slow as well). I mean Jay Pandolfo plays hockey by standing in one place and waving his stick around. They pass when they should shoot, shoot when they should pass...and the gears in their head turn slower then the Carolina players who are always on the puck, attack in numbers and then back check like crazy to catch a plodding Mike Rupp who has to carefully think about moving the puck from forehand to backhand as he lugs it up ice. It's boys vs. men. They know what we're going to do before we do it.

Our defense has no chemistry and is completely clueless. They can't clear the zone even with obvious outlets. They try reversals to waiting Canes for no reasons whatsoever. Sometimes it almost seems like they're trying to give Carolina the puck back.

Did we crash the net at all today? I think after the 2nd period they had as many goals as we had scoring chances.

Brodeur is off the hook, nothing he could do to prevent this. And he's STILL getting run into. Carolina is winning every single big faceoff. We still miss the net way too much...

We're in bad shape for game 7. Carolina is too fast, too hungry, and too fearless. They Devils are too afraid. I don't have a good feeling about this

No Ballz and No Heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou better think about future choices, because last night wasnt anywhere near Devils Hockey ! No Heart at all ! WTF ! One day up one day down ugh :noclue:

Didn't miss it at all Hammer. The Devils are 3-1 on HOME ICE in Game 7 and 6-6 in Game 7 TOTAL. The Colorado Game 7 was in Colorado which the Devils unfortunately lost.

Here are the 12-games that the Devils went to a game 7 for you Hammer. The BOLD is the HOME ICE games and the rest were on the road.

1998 PDF - @ Washington - won Game 7, 3-2 with MacLean scoring the GWG. Burke was in goal for the Devils.

1988 WCF - @ Boston - lost Game 7, 6-2.

1991 PDSF - @ Pittsburgh - lost Game 7, getting shutout by Pietran 4-0 who took over for Barrasso in Games 6 and 7. Pittsburgh went on to win the SCF that year.

1992 - PDSF - @ Rangers - lost Game 7, 8-4 with Vanbiesbrook in goal vs. Terreri. Brodeur did play Game 5 in that series and lost 8-5 to Mike Richter.

1994 - @ Rangers - lost Game 7, 2-1 OT as we all know who scored the GWG. :puke:

1999 ECQF - Pittsburgh - lost Game 7. Devils had a 3-2 series lead too over Pittsburgh and lost both Games 6 and 7.

2000 ECF - @ Philadelphia - won Game 7, 2-1 to finish a 3-1 series comeback and later went on to win the SCF over Dallas in 6-games. B )

2001 SCF - @ Colorado - lost Game 7, 3-1 after being up in that series 3-2 only to lose Games 6 and 7. (The win a SC for Raymond Bourque theory). :puke:

2003 ECF - @ Ottawa - won Game 7, 3-2 as Jeff Friesen scores the GWG late in the 3rd with 2:14 to go sends the Devils to the SCF and they win their 3rd SCC over Anaheim. :koolaid:

2003 SCF - Anaheim - won Game 7, 3-0 and the SCC. :koolaid:

Didn't miss it at all Hammer. The Devils are 3-1 on HOME ICE in Game 7 and 6-6 in Game 7 TOTAL. The Colorado Game 7 was in Colorado which the Devils unfortunately lost.

Here are the 12-games that the Devils went to a game 7 for you Hammer. The BOLD is the HOME ICE games and the rest were on the road.

1998 PDF - @ Washington - won Game 7, 3-2 with MacLean scoring the GWG. Burke was in goal for the Devils.

1988 WCF - @ Boston - lost Game 7, 6-2.

1991 PDSF - @ Pittsburgh - lost Game 7, getting shutout by Pietran 4-0 who took over for Barrasso in Games 6 and 7. Pittsburgh went on to win the SCF that year.

1992 - PDSF - @ Rangers - lost Game 7, 8-4 with Vanbiesbrook in goal vs. Terreri. Brodeur did play Game 5 in that series and lost 8-5 to Mike Richter.

1994 - @ Rangers - lost Game 7, 2-1 OT as we all know who scored the GWG. :puke:

1999 ECQF - Pittsburgh - lost Game 7. Devils had a 3-2 series lead too over Pittsburgh and lost both Games 6 and 7.

2000 ECF - @ Philadelphia - won Game 7, 2-1 to finish a 3-1 series comeback and later went on to win the SCF over Dallas in 6-games. B )

2001 SCF - @ Colorado - lost Game 7, 3-1 after being up in that series 3-2 only to lose Games 6 and 7. (The win a SC for Raymond Bourque theory). :puke:

2003 ECF - @ Ottawa - won Game 7, 3-2 as Jeff Friesen scores the GWG late in the 3rd with 2:14 to go sends the Devils to the SCF and they win their 3rd SCC over Anaheim. :koolaid:

2003 SCF - Anaheim - won Game 7, 3-0 and the SCC. :koolaid:

41M0HKJCJYL.jpg

I say we just stop trying to be defensive on the Canes and go offensive. We've scored 1 goal in 2 games now, enough of this. If we're going to lose, let's lose playing the Devils hockey that got us here--rolling lines of offensive attacks. F trying to "defend' Carolina. Go attack the living sh*t out of them and let THEM worry about defending US.

Sutter--go watch some film from a few months back and throw away the film from last April.

I say we just stop trying to be defensive on the Canes and go offensive. We've scored 1 goal in 2 games now, enough of this. If we're going to lose, let's lose playing the Devils hockey that got us here--rolling lines of offensive attacks. F trying to "defend' Carolina. Go attack the living sh*t out of them and let THEM worry about defending US.

Sutter--go watch some film from a few months back and throw away the film from last April.

I kind of like this idea. Everyone on the team pours it on and bombards Ward with shots. Even Marty should take shots from the blue line. Final score Devils 29 Canes 10

Last night's game was a travesty. I turned it off after the 3rd goal and made smores on my grill.

Edited by britoon

I kind of like this idea. Everyone on the team pours it on and bombards Ward with shots. Even Marty should take shots from the blue line. Final score Devils 29 Canes 10

Last night's game was a travesty. I turned it off after the 3rd goal and made smores on my grill.

I would agree as well. Clarkson needs more than 10 minutes a game, he opens the ice up.

They play that damn tarzan/man-getting-raped sound effect every stoppage, too! someone shoot me

Lol, agreed, there's one thing I can be glad about regardless of tomorrow's outcome, and that's not having to hear that anymore this season(of course if we lose it would be a very small consolation, pretty minuscule actually)

Three of the four goals were more or less unsavable (if they were saved it would have been luck, not skill), and the second goal didn't matter. This isn't about Marty vs Ward.

I wasn't talking about game 6. Marty stood on his head and we played like crap. I mean tomorrow the rest of the team will bring it, and we are more talented. All we need is for Marty to play as well as Ward, which based on the rest of this series should happen.

In case you haven't noticed we've scored one goal in the last 2 games. They've shut down ZZpops for business. Meanwhile, Staal is warming to the task.

Game 5 was pure luck as far as being the team that got a good tip for a goal. A fluke bounce could have changed that game either way.

Until this team rediscovers its offense, even miraculous play by Marty will be inconsequential while we continue to tempt fate.

Edited by DevilinLA

I'm sorry , but without Lou we wouldn't even have Parise. He pulled a move that netted Stevens, he's pulled another in getting Parise. He then , in my book, gets a pass for the next little while because of it. He's one of the best, anyone who doesn't think so is a farooqin idiot.

I hate 2 say it,but eye bleeve you're an idiot who can not spell or talk. Rebuild? Yes let's rebuild when our franchise Goalie, best Goalie in NHL history has about 5 seasons left to play. Let's rebuild when we have made the playoffs for 12 consecutive seasons.

First of all,ease up man.I was a bit drunk when I wrote that last night.And as far as rebuilding goes,I'm tired of this one and out the last couple three years.You can't lose the likes of rafalski,neids,gomez,stevens,ect. not replace them. and expect the same results.Not to mention Marty althought he easily is the best ever,is slipping just a bit.Yeah,I believe it would behoove the entire organization if they started to rebuild,especially if we lose tomorrow night.

a message to all the ney-sayers.

FVCK OFF.

you won't be missed, don't come back in October.

First of all,ease up man.I was a bit drunk when I wrote that last night.And as far as rebuilding goes,I'm tired of this one and out the last couple three years.You can't lose the likes of rafalski,neids,gomez,stevens,ect. not replace them. and expect the same results.Not to mention Marty althought he easily is the best ever,is slipping just a bit.Yeah,I believe it would behoove the entire organization if they started to rebuild,especially if we lose tomorrow night.

Kinda ironic coming from a guy who's signature reads:

"It's my pleasure to root for an organization as solid as the Devil's.I feel we have a chance at the cup every year."

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

a message to all the ney-sayers.

FVCK OFF.

you won't be missed, don't come back in October.

Kinda ironic coming from a guy who's signature reads:

"It's my pleasure to root for an organization as solid as the Devil's.I feel we have a chance at the cup every year."

Yeah,time to rebuild.