Flyers to sign Emery

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this too. Rumored to be a done deal, but can't be official until July 1st.

Of course, could be a rumor by the Flyers to try to force Biron into signing for less.

Also, I don't really think it is such great news. Emery is an incredibly talented player, and if he can get his head on straight, can have some very good seasons.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Way to keep a great tradition of signing backups and hoping for the best alive.

I think Emery is being underestimated. He had a great year in 07, plus was one of the only guys to show up from Ottawa in the finals that year.

The next year, he came in injured and admitted himself that he was angry when he came back and wasn't handed his starting job. He admitted he was wrong for acting like it was owed to him and not wanting to earn it back. A year away from home may have matured him a little. He will always be fiery, but he just may become smarter. Look at how Belfour finally calmed down after a few playoff meltdowns. (Not saying Emery is on Belfour's level, but they both had off-ice problems and tempers.)

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Rumors are that because of cap problems the Flyers are looking to trade Simon Gagne. I think Gagne could be a great pickup. He's a great defensive forward, he can kill penalties, solid goal scorer, he's great on the powerplay. I would be interested in a trade for him, I just doubt the Flyers would trade him to a divisional opponent if at all.

The big question is if he can keep his temper down or not. Didn't he have more than one road rage incident up in Ottawa? He should have fun driving in this area.

Not even a language barrier can keep his temper down...

Look at the bright side Crasher, it could have been far far worse, he could have signed for that team on the wrong side of the Hudson B )

True :P

He's better then PuffyPads anyway... but this is just as bad

He coulda went to Detroit dammit!!! :rant: