Halischuk assigned to Lowell

thelastonealive

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/11/nj_devils_rookie_winger_matt_h.html

Devils rookie winger Matt Halischuk was assigned to Lowell (AHL) on Sunday after sitting out Saturday's game in Tampa.

The 21-year-old skater appeared in seven games for the Devils this season. He did not have a point and was minus-2.

Good, this is better for Hali in the long run, he has a NHL future, why rush him.

Lowell gets another quality player and he has a chance to develop work on his conditioning. IMO he wasn't getting the level of ice time he needed to develop his game to the point where he would become more effective.

Is there a problem with him being up here! Why does Peters and Leblond get to stay here but not Hali!

Big disappointment :glare:

I know we need a enforcer but having two is upsurd! Some slow big guy beats out a young eager forward... :glare:

:evilcry::cryriver:

It's not absurd, upsurd, or downsurd. He just needs more time to develop. Leblond and Peters can do their job at the NHL level, Halischuk can't yet.

It's not absurd, upsurd, or downsurd. He just needs more time to develop. Leblond and Peters can do their job at the NHL level, Halischuk can't yet.

Well, some might argue the Peters/Leblond notion, but I'm with you. Halischuk deserves playing time and he's not getting it in NJ.

Not to mention, this could be the start of Elias' return. If they're sending Halischuk down now, I'd venture to guess that Patty may be ready to return by next weekend against the Isles or in Ottawa.

I think this is a good move. He got a solid taste of the NHL and knows what to work on in Lowell as 731 said. Plus it was obvious he wasn't ready. I'm glad he did get chances to play on different lines rather than just get stuck to really small fourth line minutes. He averaged about 10:29 for his 7 game stint so I give the Devils credit for giving him a shot. Plus this makes sense with Elias coming back soon.

If he was noticeable better than Pikka, Leblond or Pelley, I'd say he needed to stay, but he wasn't. Once the lines settled, he was only getting 4th line minutes, and unlike the other guys, he can do more with his career. He needs to develop, and that's not gonna happen in NJ. Give him time in Low Hell, he'll be back.

Is there a problem with him being up here! Why does Peters and Leblond get to stay here but not Hali!

Big disappointment :glare:

I know we need a enforcer but having two is upsurd! Some slow big guy beats out a young eager forward... :glare:

:evilcry::cryriver:

It is a dissapointment to see him get sent down.... but probably for more playing time he can get in lowell

Need room for Elias

Pikkarainen would have to clear waivers. Halischuk was odd man out.

Exactly this must mean Elias is close to coming back........

Actually, it is pretty downsurd.

Seriously, though I'd rather have Halischuk down in Lowell playing than in the press box night after night not getting any better.

This is the way I was seeing it: Halischuk reminded me of the way bergfors looked while he was on the team last year this time. He wasn't very confident or comfortable with the puck, shied away from contact and just didn't look like he was quite ready yet. Therefore I think it's good that he's back in Lowell, as it will give him time to get more confidence and experience as a pro. As we have seen with Bergfors, sometimes players just need more time to ripen.

If he works hard, I could see him sticking with Devils next year.