GDT: DEVILS VS AVALANCHE- 3:00 ET

robdeselich88

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team can win against the cupcake teams but when it comes to a big bully they pus out. just look at the playoffs the last few years.

Penguins? Defending Cup champs?

Capitals?

Sabres?

We're down 2-1 with 13 mins to go against a division leading team...

pussing out?

Maybe Elias isn't hurt that bad, no hospital, flying home with team sound optimistic.

I missed the first and second period how is Marty doing in net? I saw a replay of the second goal against looked to me like Marty should have had it... What do you think?

Didnt' see the 2nd goal yet. First goal was a nice play, terrible coverage, nothing he could do.

Penguins? Defending Cup champs?

Capitals?

Sabres?

We're down 2-1 with 13 mins to go against a division leading team...

pussing out?

pens are a mess of a regular season team but they know when to turn it on. pretty much the opposite of us the last few years if you think about it. what was it we beat the caps 3 times? iirc, 2 were without ovie. Part of the reason we are so good in the regular season is our insane ot/so record which is illegitimate in the playoffs. I guess i'll just have to wait for the playoffs and hope to god im wrong.

Maybe Elias isn't hurt that bad, no hospital, flying home with team sound optimistic.

I missed the first and second period how is Marty doing in net? I saw a replay of the second goal against looked to me like Marty should have had it... What do you think?

he should have had the second goal, it was a quick play quickly after the faceoff. overall he's played pretty well though.

Edited by RD

Lemaire sucked ass today. this game was ultimately pointable when it really shouldn't have been, but his adventures cost them. there's this guy named Parise. he's a garbageman, he's good in front of the net. not on the halfboards while guys that have less goals in their careers than he did last season are in front of the net.

I guess the only silver lining out of this game as that Elias wasn't hurt as badly as it looked, he really whiplashed himself something nasty

I can't blame the 3rd goal against on Marty he wasn't in net. How about the 1st and 2nd goal?

Devils have tough schedule that will show what this team is about.

Whatever. You only show up to post when you have a reason to blame Marty.

After seeing the last two games...flip a coin to decide who wins the Jack Adams. Dave Tippett and Joe Sacco have done incredible jobs turning around Phoenix and Colorado respectively.

You can't be too upset with this team. Obviously it sucks to lose two in a row. Just some of the things Jacques does really frustrates me more than anything.

We just have no luck against Western teams. Brodeur doesn't play very well against them and the rest of our guys can't seem to grasp the slightly different playing style of Western teams. Take out western games this year and we are 28-7-1 ;)

Well, we need to work the "Western Conference kinks" out before the Stanley Cup Finals! :cheers:

pens are a mess of a regular season team but they know when to turn it on. pretty much the opposite of us the last few years if you think about it. what was it we beat the caps 3 times? iirc, 2 were without ovie. Part of the reason we are so good in the regular season is our insane ot/so record which is illegitimate in the playoffs. I guess i'll just have to wait for the playoffs and hope to god im wrong.

yeah I hear ya, I just thought saying all we beat is cupcake teams, and when we play big teams we puss out was going a bit far. I'll tell you one thing out of all this that does trouble me is, why are we having such trouble on the road versus the west? We've only beaten Minnesota and that wasn't a very convincing win either. that to me is kinda troubling..

one thing we do have to remember is we ARE still without Martin, Zubrus, Clarkson, now Elias (for this game) .... we're kinda overachieving to begin with based on the injuries we've had to deal with. overall, I feel like we'll turn it around, and as you said.. we'll just have to wait for the playoffs!