3rd edition GDT: Maple Leafs @ Devilchuk 7:00pm EST

Devil Fan

Even though he was only involved in one of the three goals, and a secondary assist at that, that's what Kovalchuk brings - the quick strike capability.

As far as the it's only the Leafs point, well duh everyone knows that. Thing is, it doesn't usually matter who it comes against when you get a win like that. Having that kind of game can really give you juice and confidence. Just look at how they took off after the Tampa game earlier this year and again that was against a bad team too.

well, I didn't go with "it's only the Leafs." I was just amazed that one mistimed whack of a stick got this going. Leaf does nothing, the pass misses Zharkov and we grind it out.

who else saw the fight on the main concourse?

did it involve those face-painted fauxhawked Leafs fans who were shoving flags in people's faces? I hope it was

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, God bless Burke and his family. As for the game we played it was horrible. If only we could play like we did the last 4 min the entire game we are def. contenders. Kovy Is'nt going to win us a cup.. If THIS team plays hard like they showed in the last 3 min, then yes we have a chance, Lou, along with 95% of us agree its a team game and we ALL need to get it together and make moves. ( make moves as in win, and constantly) =)

That was the best 3:04 remaining in the 3rd period in Devils history. What a game and comeback by the Devils. This team didn't quit and showed a lot of heart tonight being down 3-1 and then scoring 3-goals in under the last 3-minutes of the game to win 4-3. What a GWG by Jay Pandolfo! The crowd went nuts and felt like a playoff game at the end. It was very loud. this has to rank as one of the biggest comebacks in Devils history and they way they did it. Pandolfo with 18.9 to go as it looked like OT. Wow! Just still fired up and don't know if I will get much after this game. May have to go watch it again. Welcome to New Jersey Ilya Kovalchuk! Two assists in his 1st game as a Devil and his 2nd assist was a big one to Pandolfo for the GWG!

Need to ride this game win and emotion into that dump they call MSG tomorrow night and just crush the damn Rangers! put them out of their misery. Great win tonight Devils!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

did it involve those face-painted fauxhawked Leafs fans who were shoving flags in people's faces? I hope it was

lol, maybe it was the three dopes who got a t-shirt from NJay during a stoppage in the first and were dancing around after it. I had some goofball sitting near me (the one with the horn) and he said there are so many Leafs fans here after one of the goals...for crying out loud, there couldn't have been more than a few hundred if that.

What a game one of the best regular season games I've been to in a long time! Can't wait to go tomorrow and see the devils play at the garden!

side note: They showed me with my Kovalchuk errr Rupp jersey on the pre-game show :Dhttp://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z161/Deathscythe84/IMG_0365-1.jpg

Edited by TRepp

Even though he was only involved in one of the three goals, and a secondary assist at that, that's what Kovalchuk brings - the quick strike capability.

As far as the it's only the Leafs point, well duh everyone knows that. Thing is, it doesn't usually matter who it comes against when you get a win like that. Having that kind of game can really give you juice and confidence. Just look at how they took off after the Tampa game earlier this year and again that was against a bad team too.

Kovy had 2 assists tonight...

lol, maybe it was the three dopes who got a t-shirt from NJay during a stoppage in the first and were dancing around after it. I had some goofball sitting near me (the one with the horn) and he said there are so many Leafs fans here after one of the goals...for crying out loud, there couldn't have been more than a few hundred if that.

:rofl: Those were the 6 Leafs fans that were two rows in front of me that I was talking about a few posts back (this was in section 6). As I said, 5 of them were very dedicated fans but they were ok. The 6th guy though was a complete loser.

Something that I forgot about: During the second period, did anyone else see Dean McAmmond snap the blade off his stick as he was heading to the bench and kind of wave both pieces at the referee, as if to say he was slashed? I thought it was hilariously pissy of him.

I was somewhat impressed with McAmmond's play tonight. I like how he's got hardly any shot at all unless it's on the backhand.

Also, just watching the replay now...why exactly was Doc singing the Cookie Monster song during the first period? :lol:

On a Beat Down of a Dead Horse - man do I hate "HEY! You Suck!"...moving along.

Eh, I personally like it. I know I was screaming it at the top of my lungs tonight. It's all in good fun anyway. It's not as if we're regarded as a trashy fanbase, or anything. Most people know if they come to a Devils game rooting for the opposition, they're not gonna be treated in a Philly-esque fashion, so I don't worry about it.

Do you EVER have anything positive to say about Marty? He sucks so bad we should just play with an empty net and 6 skaters all the time....

just put him on ignore, he had little chance on any of that. watch where White stops on the 2nd goal. it's uncanny. I guess that's why they tried to put him on front on the PP, but apparently, it only works on *our* goalie

Awesome atmosphere at the end there. It's nice to hear how loud that place can get when the fans are into it. I was so close to leaving, and decided to wait for one more shift. Awesome decision by me, because I would have been kicking myself if I left.

What really sucks is when I came home I rewatched the final 10 minutes because I had DVR'd it, and you can barely hear the noise in that building through the TV. If I didn't know any better I would think the place was fairly quiet during those final 3 minutes whereas in fact it was the loudest I'd ever heard it. Same thing with the Pandolfo on-ice interview immediately after the 3 stars, on TV it sounds as if the arena is totally quiet where in reality I couldn't hear him OR Stan talking because of the noise level in the building. It's strange because when I watch other teams' games the sound from the fans comes in much better (ie, the Carolina arena always sounds like they have 100,000 fans there when watching on TV).

What really sucks is when I came home I rewatched the final 10 minutes because I had DVR'd it, and you can barely hear the noise in that building through the TV. If I didn't know any better I would think the place was fairly quiet during those final 3 minutes whereas in fact it was the loudest I'd ever heard it. Same thing with the Pandolfo on-ice interview immediately after the 3 stars, on TV it sounds as if the arena is totally quiet where in reality I couldn't hear him OR Stan talking because of the noise level in the building. It's strange because when I watch other teams' games the sound from the fans comes in much better (ie, the Carolina arena always sounds like they have 100,000 fans there when watching on TV).

listen to it on nhl.com, it's the sportsnet.ca feed.

the MSG feeds always bury the crowd, I don't know if it's bad placement or intentional.

listen to it on nhl.com, it's the sportsnet.ca feed.

the MSG feeds always bury the crowd, I don't know if it's bad placement or intentional.

I really hate that they do that.

On the sportsnet feed, they show Lou smile just a bit. I dont remember seeing that on MSG.

Luckily I can watch again on CI.