Morganti On Federov

NJDF

Sergei Fedorov will be in play most of the summer. Let's face it, something is up. Fedorov has twice turned down offers of $10 million per season from the Wings. Although the owner is a huge supporter of Fedorov, the same can't be said for some management and team leaders. Fedorov might be the exception to the rule of owners being unwilling to commit big money into the future. A smart move here would be to sign Fedorov to huge bucks, and the smartest teams are the Avalanche and Devils.

THAT would be amazing!!!...i know, in know about the money...but I'd LOVE to see this guy in a Devils sweater.

GO DEVILS!!!

Federov obviously has something against the Detroit organization. Because of that I see him signing with Colorado when and if Forsberg decides to stay in Sweden. We all know that team across the river will undoubtedly offer the most money, probably the largest contract in NHL history. I don't think Federov will sign there though.

To the Devils? In theory it is possible if Lou leaves and the new GM is forced to make a lucrative offer by ownership. Yet that is higly unlikely because 1.) Lou isn't leaving 2.) ownership is too worried about Jason Kidd right now to spend extra money on that other tenant they need for a new arena.

Fedorov's reputation is much-maligned.. it's amazing how this guy gets hammered for being selfish when Bowman had him on the checking line and even playing defense at times.. but that 'ov' oft influences thinking around the league. He's a 3 time Stanley Cup winner with the entire package, and he shows up in the playoffs (this year being a notable exception).

That said, there's no way the Devils would go after him unless they could dump Tverdovsky and Nieuwendyk, and basically get 20 million dollars out of nowhere. 1 year for 10 million is doable. 5 years for 50 million is completely out of the question.

Fedorov will have a choice between NY and LA, and possibly another suitor who looks to boost attendance with a marquee name. Once he's put back on an offensive line, he should score 30-35 goals with 80 points while playing excellent two way hockey.

Federov must think this is last years market.

No one will be getting Holik-like contracts this year.

Especially an overrated talent like Federov. Detroit would be more effected by the loss of Yzerman than Federov. Sergei should have signed what the Wings offered the first time, because he is NEVER gonna get it now.

Hard to call federov and overrated talent...the guy can play ANY skating positoion and be good at it!!!! Hey maybe we trade Tver and sign federov as a Dman???

Seriously it won;t happen, but if forsberg leaves the avs Federov can write his own deal for the Avs becuase they will be desperate!!

Of course if Anna was part of the deal I'd be screaming for Lou to sign hin :lol: .....

I won't allow this to happen, not to my Devils.

Fedorov is my LEAST favorite player EVER!!

Stay in D town or become a traitor to your mindless Wings fans by signing with the Avs, I'll be happy either way, but STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM NJ!!

:evil: JesterDevil :evil:

Well, now tsn is reporting Federov never turned down Detriot's initial offer. He may end up staying there after all.

And anyone who says Federov is overrated; I'm sorry but that is just not true. You won't find a better all around player in the league.

Morganti is usually near spot-on with this stuff, but I will believe this when I see Jay Pandolfo have a 30 goal year.

Since no Devil had a 30 goal season I guess you won't be believing anything in the future. At least Pando with a broken thumb had more goals in the playoffs than their top sniper in Elias.

Don't mess with Pando.

I kinda like the way the offense started to show teeth during this playoff. Maybe Burnsie will turn some of his offensive side on now that he's seen what they can do when they attack. I might just stand pat with these guys until they mess up. If they mess up.

I live in Detroit and it has not been reported that he turned down an offer. I heard an offer @ $8 million was made, but only for 3 years. He wants a longer period (5 years?)

He is not over-rated, but not a very good fit for the Devils.

I think any team that offers a 5 year deal in the 7 - 9 million range will sign him. It could be the rags, the phailures, the avs, the stars.......

I think they are talkings