GDT: Rangers @ Devils

MadDog2020

Just watched the post game reactions. Glad to see no one seemed too disappointed. They played a good game but people like Elias need to bury their chances. I still don't get why people try to go low on Lundqvist. He's great at covering the bottom of the net and theres a much better chance of scoring if you lift it.

The good news is the rags have a chance of making the playoffs, thus keeping Sather and crappy hockey alive across the Hudson.

Not to mention the ease of their schedule here on out. The Bruins have a very difficult schedule for the remainder of the season but the rangers are playing some bad teams from now on. Every loss and their fans count them out for the year, every win and they are making the playoffs. Either way they aren't passing round one.

Edited by skullsmasher

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zubrus had TEN minutes of ice time tonight. What the hell... really. And why is NO ONE talking about this in the media?

Well I ain't the media (not really), but while everyone's put up their thoughts, here's mine including some harsh words for Lemaire:

http://battleofny.blogspot.com/2010/03/devils-get-just-desserts-in-shootout.html

Edited by Hasan4978

We outplayed them last night. rangers hung in there and played like they are desperate for points; which they are. we are not. Avery is a piece of sh!t and lundqist is over rated, IMO. Rangers going no where.

Thanks Hasan. It just sucked. Not just because Zubrus is one of my favorite players... but he WAS playing real well. His haters were even takin notice as well.. then out of nowhere, he gets pretty much benched. 3rd line, no power play time, no pk time. 13 minutes of ice time against St Louis, 14 or so against Columbus, and TEN against the Rangers.

And you have TG who asks NO tough questions. And 15 people are begging him in his blog to answer this question what the heck happened to Zubrus, and he just keeps saying over and over again that there was an icing so the Devils couldn't change lines late in the game. I've always been a supporter of TG but jesus man. Do some work.

As for Lemaire, here's what I'm not happy with:

Benching Leblond and Pelley in favor of Peters and Pandolfo.

Not using Zharkov for 10 games.

Having VERY interesting lines in practice with Kovy-Zajac-Clarkson and Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov and then abandoning them in the game.

Zubrus overall. Hardly any ice time, no PP time, no PK time.

Line shuffling.... Dammit Jacques why is it that every time we score 5 or 6 goals in a game and WIN, you F*CK around with EVERYTHING.

Pandolfo's roll has diminished with the Devils. Not the same responsibility. Need to keep Pelley and Leblond in they have been playing with alot of energy and aggressiveness...and andrew, I am a Zubrus fan as well.... we need him on faceoffs and down the middle of the ice, should get more ice time but I think with playing Elias at center he loses ice time, Elias is horrible for faceoffs and should not be playing center, imo. Zubrus should be our second line center.

Nice read Hasan. Agreed on all counts. Lemaire has been out to lunch imo. Whatever, let the roller coaster continue. They'll get it together, lmao, just like they have been saying for weeks prior to the Olympic break. How has that been working out? Its a shame really because its obvious they could be much better.

Nice read Hasan. Agreed on all counts. Lemaire has been out to lunch imo. Whatever, let the roller coaster continue. They'll get it together, lmao, just like they have been saying for weeks prior to the Olympic break. How has that been working out? Its a shame really because its obvious they could be much better.

they played a phenomenal game last night. CR76 said the devils win that game 70% of the time, i think it's closer to 80% myself.

4th line got outshot 6 to 1, so i am hoping that is the end of those players for a while. pandolfo is just finished.

they played a phenomenal game last night. CR76 said the devils win that game 70% of the time, i think it's closer to 80% myself.

4th line got outshot 6 to 1, so i am hoping that is the end of those players for a while. pandolfo is just finished.

The 10% difference was taking into account Lundqvist. Occasional hiccup game here and there aside, he plays very well against the Devils...as we all know.

The 10% difference was taking into account Lundqvist. Occasional hiccup game here and there aside, he plays very well against the Devils...as we all know.

Agreed 100%. Lundqvist has our number, like Marty used to have the Rangers number a decade ago.

Yeah, no one talking about Pandolfo getting only 5:44 either. CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Ummm that's probably because Pandolfo has been a scratch for most games lately and hasn't put up any points and is not an offensive player?

Maybe because Zubrus was one of our best players since his return from injury and believe it or not is the second best center on the team and one of our best players along the boards and is somehow getting semi-benched by Lemaire with 13, 14, and 10 minutes in ice time in the last three games with no PP time. He's reduced to playing with Rob Niedermayer while Rolston sucks it up in the top 6.

But sure, whatever you want to believe.

I hate to be a douche but is there anyway someone can find out the stat of how many times the Devils have given up a goal with under a minute left in a period?? It HAS to be around 10+ games...unfvckingbelieveable...who is to blame for this? Like isn't it announced during the game that there is one minute left in the game??? Does that or does that not mean "PLAY YOUR fvckING ASSES OFF BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD DAMN MINUTE LEFT!!?!?!?!?!" For some reason I blame Jaq, I know the players are the ones that are out there but this is way beyond a habit now, it's almost a 100% guarantee that it is going to happen.

Agree.... and as I emphatically said yesterday, if they play Pelley and PL3 the 70%/80% goes to 80%/90%

I can look in the mirror today and know I was right

Agree.... and as I emphatically said yesterday, if they play Pelley and PL3 the 70%/80% goes to 80%/90%

I can look in the mirror today and know I was right

are you just trying to get me riled up, or do you really actually believe that 2 players who've scored a combined total of 2 goals can change the win probability of a game 10%?

I hate to be a douche but is there anyway someone can find out the stat of how many times the Devils have given up a goal with under a minute left in a period?? It HAS to be around 10+ games...unfvckingbelieveable...who is to blame for this? Like isn't it announced during the game that there is one minute left in the game??? Does that or does that not mean "PLAY YOUR fvckING ASSES OFF BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD DAMN MINUTE LEFT!!?!?!?!?!" For some reason I blame Jaq, I know the players are the ones that are out there but this is way beyond a habit now, it's almost a 100% guarantee that it is going to happen.

especially with the two overworked, mediocre d men....White and Mottau.

Those two got the most minutes of all players...

I just keep thinking that I wish Langs buried that backhander. Was it the first period? He had Lundqvist beat and an open net.

Agreed 100%. Lundqvist has our number, like Marty used to have the Rangers number a decade ago.

that has been true for a while but I have to say last night, luck was on the side of the Queen and the Rag$

There were numerous chances we just flubbed and several times (Kvoy) the puck went through him but just over/around the net and he had no idea where it was or what happened.

Elias or Langs buries one more of their open chances and we wouldn't be serenading the Queen

I don't know about giving up a goal with under a minute left in a period, but as far as blowing it in the final two minutes, TG offered up this stat in today's Record:

"It was only the second time this season the Devils lost after leading in the final two minutes."

I don't know about giving up a goal with under a minute left in a period, but as far as blowing it in the final two minutes, TG offered up this stat in today's Record:

"It was only the second time this season the Devils lost after leading in the final two minutes."

yeah that's what i thought. the devils have not been bad in this situation this year.

especially with the two overworked, mediocre d men....White and Mottau.

Those two got the most minutes of all players...

well you just answered my question..it's obviously a defensive problem.

I'm guessing the other was against the Kings?

This game was lost due to really bad luck for the Devils and really fortunate luck for the Rangers. That game should have been 3-0 going into the 2nd period. This is a problem (not burying chances) but they played so well I'm not going to get strung out over it.

Of course I hate losing to the Rangers and that fvcking douchenozzle Avery, who I wished would get a little "Niedermayer hello" from Peters and his stick. At least then I'd respect the guy (Peters, that is).

Jacques Cousteau not using Zubrus last night is inexcusable. Rolston, other than his one massive shot on net that typically either goes SUPER WIDE or RIGHT INTO THE GOALIE'S CHEST, was useless again tonight. I really have to wonder what Langenbrunner would be able to do with Travis and Ilya. I like Zubrus centering Elias and Parise. I think there's a nice mix of "stuff" there that could generate chances.

Elias is playing the best he has (face-offs and terrible shoot out attempts aside) all year.

I like how this team is playing with less than 10 games to go, but now it's up to Frenchy to make the appropriate tweaks and TEACH THIS TEAM HOW TO PLAY IN THE LAST 100 SECONDS WHEN THE GOALIE IS PULLED.