GDT: NJ vs. Philly

Par9

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, this matchup sucks. it might be in their best interests to avoid it.

It's more the way the Devils are playing. The Devils are more than capable of beating this team in the playoffs. The Devils gave themselves no chance to win this game. It almost looked like they wanted to give the flyers the 2 pts. At least the Devils won all the fights, I guess.

I am honestly amazed how they can transform from a team that makes almost no mistakes and plays with strong effort and intensity, to a team that has such little intensity that I am somewhat worried someone is going to fall asleep on the ice. All within 24 hours!!

This better not continue come playoff time.

It's more the way the Devils are playing. The Devils are more than capable of beating this team in the playoffs. The Devils gave themselves no chance to win this game. It almost looked like they wanted to give the flyers the 2 pts. At least the Devils won all the fights, I guess.

I have watched next to nothing of this, but I'm guessing it looks exactly like the rest of the Devils/Flyers games. Flyers forecheck Devils. Flyers outphysical Devils down low. Devils try to put 2/3rds of the rink passes through Flyers. they fail. turn it over. Flyers turn the turnovers back on them.

other than the game where the Flyers were going to sh!t, the Devils have done little or nothing in any of the games. the one here where we got a point, Boucher basically giftwrapped us a 2-0 lead.

Edited by maxpower

I have watched next to nothing of this, but I'm guessing it looks exactly like the rest of the Devils/Flyers games. Flyers forecheck Devils. Flyers outphysical Devils down low. Devils try to put 2/3rds of the rink passes through Flyers. they fail. turn it over. Flyers turn the turnovers back on them.

other than the game where the Flyers were going to sh!t, the Devils have done little or nothing in any of the games. the one here where we got a point, Boucher basically giftwrapped us a 2-0 lead.

Basically.

devils need to get the puck over to kovalchuck more during the PP...especially when he has edged up on the left side...

there were a many times where it appeared he was ready to lower the hammer on a one timer with the defence cheating back the other way and they just were not seeing it...

jacques needs to get the PP unit together to watch some video!

I think the bottom line is the line of Patrik, Zach and Jamie can't get to the net at all against Pronger.

This is what I mean about not worrying about the line shuffling.

A night like tonight, I would've liked to have seen Zubrus up there with Zach and Patrik, possibly pushing back a little bit against Pronger.

But on to Tuesday.

Like I have been saying, we DON'T want the Flyers in the first round. Regardless of any injuries or streaks that the Flyers have going on, we can't match their intensity and it is becoming painfully obvious that the Devils can't play good hockey at the Wachovia Center.

Montreal, Ottawa, or Boston in the first round would be ideal.

This game was ugly and got uglier as the game went on for the Devils. They were tired from flying in from Montreal @ 3:30 am. It showed tonight and the Flyers were up and ready for this game. Boucher 1-4-1 in his last 6-starts and he decides to play like an all-star tonight. Devils finished 14-1 vs. the Flyers this season. :puke:

Can Lemaire please look at the fvcking films and see that Mottau and White need to be split up NOW!!! They were a -4 tonight and they cannot be paired any longer. Maybe one of them or both need to sit and put in Salmela or Fraser with the playoffs 2-weeks away.

The Dvils PP went 0-6 in this game and maybe a goal here and there on the PP maybe they would have been in the damn game. The PP is killing this Devils team along with the very poor defensive play.

Pittsburgh is now 2-points ahead for the division and has an easier schedule than the Devils. this game tonight vs. the Flyers may have put a hurtin' on the Devils as far as winning the division now. That game in hand is going to mean a lot for the Devils and possibly the division.