New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Jerseys should only have your name, player's name, or nickname on there. No sayings or phrases or anything like that.

Why is it okay to have a nickname but not a phrase? And why do you care so much about what other people do with their jerseys? As long as they're not supporting the jersey counterfeiters, why does it matter what they put on there? It's their friggin money, let them do what they want. Stop being such a tool telling people what they can and can't do with their own jersey. You really think stuff like that makes our fanbase look stupid? That's just ridiculous. And at least if you disagreed with people respectfully, that would be different, but you come off as a real jackass.

I like all my jerseys to be 100% accurate, I would never get a saying, phrase, nickname, or my name put on a jersey, but those are my own rules for myself, I'm not going to run around saying hey I think jerseys should only have players' names on them, so your jersey sucks.

Thegame seems like one of those dudes that would sue/throw a fit on the person in front of him with 11 items in the "10 or less" line at the store.

I bet if his jersey showed up in the Devils Legion gallery on the website, he'd act just the opposite way. However, since his jersey would be portrayed in a negative light on "jersey fouls", the first reactionary impulse is to sue.

Exactly.

The NHL won't win this fight. It was never their intention to win this fight. This rejection is a political move within the NHL.

This is my belief too. I think the NHL knows that Kovalchuk's contract will hold up, but they wanted to send a message that they will create trouble for these types of contracts in the future.

I'm not entirely sure how much trouble they'll be able to create in the future if this goes to arbitration and the contract stands because of the wording in the CBA. The possibility that floodgates will open becomes a very real one - might as well sign Parise up to a 20 year contract ASAP if this goes through.

Why is it okay to have a nickname but not a phrase? And why do you care so much about what other people do with their jerseys? As long as they're not supporting the jersey counterfeiters, why does it matter what they put on there? It's their friggin money, let them do what they want. Stop being such a tool telling people what they can and can't do with their own jersey. You really think stuff like that makes our fanbase look stupid? That's just ridiculous. And at least if you disagreed with people respectfully, that would be different, but you come off as a real jackass.

I like all my jerseys to be 100% accurate, I would never get a saying, phrase, nickname, or my name put on a jersey, but those are my own rules for myself, I'm not going to run around saying hey I think jerseys should only have players' names on them, so your jersey sucks.

That is your opinion, and I have mine. All I said to him when he suggested the #17 Jersey with Kovy's quote was no. He then flew off the handle and got all defensive. He should have just laughed it off and if he really wanted to get it and loved the idea, then he should purchase it and end of story. Now he is threatening to sue people.

Nicknames pertain to a person, whether a player or the person who bought the jersey. That has a deeper connection to the fan and usually they put it in there really not for the sole purpose of getting noticed/reactions from other fans. Putting a slogan on there is a clear attempt at getting a reaction from other fans and is a cry for attention. That is just trying too hard.

I'm not entirely sure how much trouble they'll be able to create in the future if this goes to arbitration and the contract stands because of the wording in the CBA. The possibility that floodgates will open becomes a very real one - might as well sign Parise up to a 20 year contract ASAP if this goes through.

Its the leagues own fault for leaving the loophole in the first place and not challenging the very first "retirement" contract that was submitted.

Its the leagues own fault for leaving the loophole in the first place and not challenging the very first "retirement" contract that was submitted.

I'm right there with you brother, couldn't agree more. The whole CBA was designed to stick it to the players as hard as the players could be stuck -I'm glad there's a Stanley Cup sized loophole in it. I just hope it doesn't cost a season to close it.

Who's gonna be the first to get a Devils No. 17 jersey with "CIRCUMVENTION" on the back?

No. (Would you like to be the person who would get this and from far away have a jersey that at first quick glance looks like circumcision?")

Edited by DevsMan84

yeah the image has to be somewhere on the web, not on a local computer. best bet is if you have a photobucket or post it in your gallery on here and img tag in a post with the url of the file.

Yeah I created a Devils jersey with the name as CIRCUMVENT 17 but I saved it on the computer.

Ahhhh forget it lol

I fvcking hate those people.

What about those women who in all seriousness start cutting ahead of you with a smile on their face saying some sh!t like "I'm really busy, so I'm just going to slip in here"

WTF? I told this dame "No - pick your stuff up and move to the end of the line -- " I couldn't get the whole diatribe out before she had picked up the crap she put on the conveyer belt and scuttled away. I wanted to ask her why she'd ever think her time was more valuable than anyone else. I'm sure I let go with a "crazy bitch" or something similar...

What about those women who in all seriousness start cutting ahead of you with a smile on their face saying some sh!t like "I'm really busy, so I'm just going to slip in here"

WTF? I told this dame "No - pick your stuff up and move to the end of the line -- " I couldn't get the whole diatribe out before she had picked up the crap she put on the conveyer belt and scuttled away. I wanted to ask her why she'd ever think her time was more valuable than anyone else. I'm sure I let go with a "crazy bitch" or something similar...

These women are usually between the ages of 30 to 50 with a business-woman look to them so they feel entitled to this type of treatment. I also hate people who are ahead of me in line, start cursing or yelling at the cashier for something that was either the customer's fault or corporate's fault that was out of their hands and then the irate customer turns to me and says "don't you agree that this is wrong?!" I usually tell them to keep me out of their dumb sh!t or tell them that they are an idiot customer and to stop pestering the poor cashier. God I hate these people and I've had cashiers give me discounts because I stood up for them.