GDT 10/09/2010 @ Capitals

MDPucks

I have been saying that for a long long time ken. We talked about this. White has one eye! ONE EYE! How good could he possibly be! Clearly not that good. I think its time to rethink Whites standing on the roster....He made two stupid mistakes within 10 seconds. He gave up that dumb pass and then hooked Ovie. Out of all the people to hook....sure Marty stopped 5 for 6 PS with Ovie, but come on! I have never been this angry this early in the season.

White was having a good game up until then....it is easy to bash him, but he is playing against Ovie's line tonight, cut him some slack...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marty stops that, it's still a game... now we need 4 to win. i think we've got the firepower to do it, but can we keep the puck out of our net? yeah, not banking on that.

jesus. i know i'm not saying anything profound here but this D corps is horrible...

I actually thought White had looked great these past couple games before that awful pass. I'm not gonna hang the guy over 1 mistake. There are a lot more frustrating defensemen on this team right now than him, trust me. Marty hasn't looked any good tonight either.

I have been saying that for a long long time ken. We talked about this. White has one eye! ONE EYE! How good could he possibly be! Clearly not that good. I think its time to rethink Whites standing on the roster....He made two stupid mistakes within 10 seconds. He gave up that dumb pass and then hooked Ovie. Out of all the people to hook....sure Marty stopped 5 for 6 PS with Ovie, but come on! I have never been this angry this early in the season.

Hey, Pat, be careful we may get accused of having bad/selective memories that we can't rely on and then shown some sabermetric stat from some Louwetrust fan website. :giggle:

Edited by SJP20

The paranoia here tonight should be fun. Eh what can you do? The team is playing with essentially three rookies on defense and they are catching NO breaks tonight. Just look at the last goal. Perfect timing for Ovie to come out of the box and then Brodeur just gets a piece of the puck. That's how it goes some nights.

I just hope A-train doesn't have a concussion. Then we're seriously fvcked. On a positive note I like what Taorima and White have brought to the table so far. They have been pretty steady. Urbom looked very green on the second Caps goal and it's pretty obvious that the Devils don't want him playing major minutes but that plan may have gone out the window.

On a side note, these Caps fans are annoying. For a team that has been around so long I get a very "new" vibe about them. Booing every penalty on the Caps like there is no tomorrow, the crazy cheering after the most routine plays. Whatever...just a frustrating night I guess.

Game 2. 80 more to go. New faces, rookie head coach. Cups aren't won in October. This one got ugly, and the D nor Marty are looking great so far, but I'm not going to throw sh!tfits on October 9. The Devils started 0-2 last year and we got threads second-guessing everything.

Game 2. 80 more to go. New faces, rookie head coach. Cups aren't won in October. This one got ugly, and the D nor Marty are looking great so far, but I'm not going to throw sh!tfits on October 9. The Devils started 0-2 last year and we got threads second-guessing everything.

Exactly. The team is just getting their chemistry going - give them time before judging.

Oh and we would have lost game 1 in regulation without Colin White and our defense would be horrid.