GDT 10/09/2010 @ Capitals

MDPucks

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If PL3 is suspended, how the hell does that effect the lineup? We can't dress 19, can we?

Article 50.10c of the collective bargainig agreement correctly, the Devils will be able to call up someone to fill in for Leblond Monday. His salary won’t count against the cap while he’s out and as long as they have cap room for him when his suspension is over, they should be OK.

Man, what a nightmare game that was tonight. Cannot get any uglier than that. Team chemistry is much needed right now especially on the defense side. New guys and young guys need to gel and get some chemistry with the veterans. Too many mistakes by everyone and need to clear that up in a hurry come Monday or we may see another blowout. We all know Pittsburgh can score goals. Brodeur needs to be sharp come Monday because the first two games he has been far from that. Did not like or go for all that fighting especially Kovalchuk fighting. Always afraid of injuries and it was not the smart thing to do especially with the Devils cap situation. PL3 was stupid and now suspended one game. Guessing maybe Henrique or Corrente will be called up now.

A game like tonight you just have to forget it and move onto Monday's game now with Pittsburgh. Just keep the Capitals in the back of your minds for the next meeting. :P

Wohoooo This is a Devils start.

Everybody panicking,already 3 guys injured,bad games and everybody looking lost.We will be just fine.Another couple of shaky games and we will hit a winning streak.

Nothing new.

This.

The Devils are notorious for starting out slow and then finding their stride later. They started off 0-2 last year, too, and half the board was dragging razors across their wrists.

hmmm, I just sucked it up and turned the game on in time for the cave-in. that reminded me of 05-06. seems like the game was going reasonably well and that they had control of the period. and then the sh!t hits the fan.

the 3rd goal was a bad break, and I guess that got the ball rolling. Matt and Sherry said the PP sucked before the 4th goal and sucked the life out of the team. I thought it was pretty good, they were working the Arnott one-timer and he had a fake shot pass that got broken up. but then Arnott ends up out at the end of the shift and does NOTHING to get near Chimera when he gets out of the box. just not good coverage, you're a defenseman in that spot and have to do something. Chimera could have driven all the way in if he wanted to.

the PS is set up by an unbelieveably bad pass from White to Taormina. it's like one of those passes in football when you say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" in slow motion when it's made. :lol: Ovie had that one for lunch and the hacking on him was pretty pathetic. if one of you idiots is hacking him, the other shoud be able to make a play, right? sh!t, he came an inch from scoring on that play, w/o the PS!

people say White Taormina looked good. well, they must have been otherworldy in the other 53 minutes or so of the game, because they looked like dog sh!t in those 7 minutes or so I watched

Didnt the Devils have a horrid start last season or the season before that. I dont remember the exact season but I know there was one that was just as bad (went on for a few more games) and then it all came together. Hey....as long as we can clinch a playoff spot when it matters and then rock out.....thats all that matters right? RIGHT!?

Keep faith guys, itll all come together.....its the NEW New Jersey Devils. LETS GO DEVILS! :cheers:

Ok someone has to put this up on youtube.. WTF happened? Hopefully Leblond removed the other guys face for getting all those penalties. The other guy only got a roughing minor and a game misconduct? wtf...

15:43 NJD Ilya Kovalchuk : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:43 WSH Mike Green : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:47 NJD Rod Pelley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:47 WSH Matt Hendricks : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:49 WSH Matt Bradley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:49 NJD David Clarkson : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond served by Alexander Urbom : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:53 WSH John Carlson : Roughing - 2 min

15:53 WSH John Carlson : Game misconduct - 0 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond served by Alexander Urbom : Instigator - 2 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond : Game misconduct - 0 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond : Slashing - 2 min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x0W_Mdu-5k

says who? don't forget that the penguins trapped their way to a cup two years ago. clog up the neutral zone and score on the transition game. turnovers, turnovers, and turnovers. call me a dinosaur all you want but that is the way to do it.

It's called playoff hockey. And you are 100% correct.

plain and simple the style we are playing right now does not suit our team. sure we have a wealth of talent up front back on the d-line it is liability city.

get back to playing devils hockey i really don't care if we are boring and the rest of the league hates us. to blow up a system that worked so well last year because we couldn't beat one team is foolish. johnny mac will come to his senses soon enough much like sutter did in his first year.

+1

Like it was stated before, its still early and there are still some communication and organization issues that need to be sorted out. The biggest issue the communication though, not just between Marty/Moose and the D but the D and the offense. Communication is key. However, I did see/hear more talk on the ice then there was on Friday so thats a good sign. The problems will also smooth themselves out over time. It still early. Sure it was not good, and it didnt look like the Devils we all know. The pens are tomorrow, that is one team that the Devils will not allow to walk all over us. I think they will come out ready to rock tomorrow.

PL3 hasnt officially been suspended yet. Rolston has a lower body injury. A-Train has a broken nose but he will be back by tomorrow with a full mask.

Edited by Quinn01

how about we start well and don't collapse like the rangers. i realize the nhl is a much different sport than the nfl in that it's not imperative to win every game. but the style the coaching staff is playing at the moment is highlighting our flaws.

i was never too keen on the idea of johnny mac being the coach in the first place. would of much preferred carbo but he needs to keep lemaire style for the most part and implement wrinkles when the opponent calls for it. we owned the caps last year so why change the way we play?

New coaches, new style, lots of new players... It's not gonna be perfection right out of the gate. Plus the cap situation needs to get sorted out. Give it a month til we get a better picture of this team. I did like how they showed their frustration in this game.. different than in years post lockout. That's what's gonna set this team apart from in years past, that they show heart.

Edited by The Rock 07

I think that that was a key when looking for new players. Lou wanted guys who can throw the fists instead of breaking sticks on the boards or other players shins. If your going to get a penalty when taking your frustration out, ou might as well take someone from the other team with you.

New coaches, new style, lots of new players... It's not gonna be perfection right out of the gate. Plus the cap situation needs to get sorted out. Give it a month til we get a better picture of this team. I did like how they showed their frustration in this game.. different than in years post lockout. That's what's gonna set this team apart from in years past, that they show heart.

Show me heart by scoring goals and keeping the other team from rallying up a bunch late in a period

Show me heart by scoring goals and keeping the other team from rallying up a bunch late in a period

Yeah that would be better :lol:. But hey atleast its a start and more emotion than they've had in the past in that situation. Now they can work their way up by carrying that emotion into Monday and lighting up Fleury.

Yeah that would be better :lol:. But hey atleast its a start and more emotion than they've had in the past in that situation. Now they can work their way up by carrying that emotion into Monday and lighting up Fleury.

Our last loss to Pittsburgh was on April 1st, 2009 (6-1).. But our last home loss to Pitt came on December 26th, 2008 (1-0)

We swept the Pens last season didnt we? Every game. That mentality plus the fact that we have lost the past 2 games (last night just being a murder) I really dont see the Devils loosing tomorrow. I think they are going to to come out ready to go poaching for some penguins.

It was embarrassing but it was only the 2nd game of the year. Its going to take a 5-10 games before all the news defenders(Volchenkov, Tallinder, Urbom, Taormina) get adjusted.

Also scores aren't as radical but Ottawa, Boston, and Buffalo were hit hard.

Things I would change if the ZIP line is not working. Kovalchuk looks to lost and I'd move him, or Parise off that line.

Also why the hell is Marty playing against Pittsburgh!

Some good old quotes from HF last night...

Newark is cesspool(Coming from a fan from Washington D.C)

The Devils=Classless Scrubs