Lets go Adam Larsson sweepstakes!

mikeford

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sky is falling, the glass is perpetually half empty, nobody likes you, and you were a mistake baby. Go kill yourself.

(I mean, I'm just following along with your doom and gloom, i'ight?)

Thank the lord there's at least one person like you on this forum. No sarcasm intended.

No. We have to forfeit one first-rounder in one of the upcoming 4 drafts, but we don't have to decide that until right after the Stanley Cup final is done.

So yea, this means if we end up wit hthe top 5 first round pick the NHL we make us forfeit THAT pick... but if we end up with #20 or lower we'll keep it that year.

So yea, this means if we end up wit hthe top 5 first round pick the NHL we make us forfeit THAT pick... but if we end up with #20 or lower we'll keep it that year.

Because it's not like of the Devils choice or something :P

don't worry we'll make you GM and you can trade Vagenbrunner for a top 5 pick anyway B )

So everyone here would rather us scratch and claw to get into the #8 seed only to face the #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs? Honestly, if by the new year we are still in the cellar, we should just tank it and finally get a lottery pick. That center that is projected to be #1 is someone we need. Doing terrible one season is not a bad idea in the grand scheme of things if it adds another vital piece to the puzzle.

So everyone here would rather us scratch and claw to get into the #8 seed only to face the #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs? Honestly, if by the new year we are still in the cellar, we should just tank it and finally get a lottery pick. That center that is projected to be #1 is someone we need. Doing terrible one season is not a bad idea in the grand scheme of things if it adds another vital piece to the puzzle.

Why not? We've been finishing at the top for the last half dozen seasons while getting bounced in the first or second round. Maybe fighting all year will build a little bit of resolve in the team.

Now I know why everyone hates you... You're a PENGUINS fan! :dizzy:

No, that's not what it means.

Methinks that was sarcasm. ;) Specifically, a conspiracy theory wherein the league will force the Devils to give up their most advantageous draft pick even though the team "officially" has the choice of which year's pick to forfeit.

I actually did a draft thread already. Me, I'd take the center over Larsson, but that's just me.

I'm kind of numb to this point, so you won't have Nixon to kick around anymore.

You would take the center you never seen before over the defensmen you probably never seen before. Now I know not to take you serious.

Why not? We've been finishing at the top for the last half dozen seasons while getting bounced in the first or second round. Maybe fighting all year will build a little bit of resolve in the team.

In 2009, the Hurricanes started the season brutally. Then they bounced us in the first round after we cruised through the regular season.

In 2010, the Flyers started the season brutally. Then they bounced us in the first round after we cruised through the regular season.

Now it's our turn. (Of course, both those Hurricanes and Flyers teams turned around right after canning their coaches ... so .... )

Now I know why everyone hates you... You're a PENGUINS fan! :dizzy:

Only a few people here dislike me, and those people tend to have others who dislike them. How does that make me a Pens fan?

In 2009, the Hurricanes started the season brutally. Then they bounced us in the first round after we cruised through the regular season.

In 2010, the Flyers started the season brutally. Then they bounced us in the first round after we cruised through the regular season.

Now it's our turn. (Of course, both those Hurricanes and Flyers teams turned around right after canning their coaches ... so .... )

Did those teams win the cup?

Resolve does not always win a cup, and that is what I want. I am willing to have a lost season if that rewards us with a top pick that could help us build a foundation for future cup teams.

He wont be availible during the 30th pick

I love the way you guys think. Fvck Adam Larsson :koolaid:

Y'know, I hate to talk about this kind of thing this early in a season, but if it is going to come to that I'd really rather a first rate center than a defenseman.

I know everyone's convinced that our defense is terrible, but developing home grown defensemen is such a time-consuming hit or miss task even with a "sure thing" that I would much prefer to acquire one via trade than go the home grown route.

Our forward corps is actually considerably older than our defense. We've got guys like Rolston, Elias, Arnott, and Langenbrunner, all of whom will likely be gone in one form or another in the next two years. That is going to lead to a tremendous deal of influx into our forward corps of young players. I'd much prefer to have a first rate forward coming in than some more second and third round throw away talent that we're looking at replacing them with. Also, the guys we've got in the pipeline at forward positions, none of them are true centers and none of them have real size to go with their talent.

On the other side of things our defense has Volchenkov, Tallinder, Taormina, Greene (if he's resigned) taking up most of the six available spots. We've got Jon Merrill in the pipeline as a big mobile defenseman as well as Urbom and several other decent prospects. I'm not too terribly worried about our defense long term. This is probably the worst it will be for a while.

If by some hellacious miracle we wound up with the #1 pick in the draft and Larsson is the probable first pick, I'd try to trade it for one top 3 pick and one top 20 pick. That way we'd be able to get a guy like Sean Couturier and maybe a high end defenseman prospect as well.